Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Sep 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3305745)   #151
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
And reply received.

"Bonjour,
I note your booking and will contact you later.
regards,
Nadine"

Roll on June
Old 18 Sep 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3305768)   #152
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well just in case she has forgotten me I to have sent a reminder to my favourite french lady
Old 18 Sep 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3305770)   #153
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well just in case she has forgotten me I to have sent a reminder to my favourite french lady
Uh-oh. Trouble in paradise?
Old 18 Sep 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3305789)   #154
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Nadine will be flooded with ticket orders today
Apart from Nobster, GT6, yours truly, a mate of mine will order his tickets too today. And maybe others too? Victor has asked me last week how to use the 'Nadine' connection.

Nobster may have caused an avalanche of requests. Maybe a little bit too early?
Booking only opens in November!
Old 18 Sep 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3305802)   #155
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Apart from Nobster, GT6, yours truly, a mate of mine will order his tickets too today. And maybe others too? Victor has asked me last week how to use the 'Nadine' connection.

I'm not booking this month because I still don't know the size of my group, I still need to craft my pitch to convince people.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3305814)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I've told Nadine it's all Simon's fault. She told me she's crossed him off her Christmas Card list........
Old 18 Sep 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3305839)   #157
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

May be I should have to go to see here to the tourism office for my booking?
Old 18 Sep 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3305899)   #158
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
May be I should have to go to see here to the tourism office for my booking?
Eric if you do pop in be nice to her otherwise le mans will be a lonely place at the tenths meeting, without all those relying on her for camping tickets, and by the way how big is your back garden
Old 19 Sep 2013, 00:03 (Ref:3305946)   #159
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
ticket order placed at Nadine's for the first time as I have always booked directly through the ACO since 1991. let's wait and see...
How do you book through Nadine? Seems like all the Tenthers are doing that.

Forgive me, for my inexperience is finally catching up to me.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 06:51 (Ref:3306032)   #160
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
How do you book through Nadine? Seems like all the Tenthers are doing that.

Forgive me, for my inexperience is finally catching up to me.
nadine.bouttier@ville-lemans.fr <nadine.bouttier@ville-lemans.fr>;

This is Nadines address at the tourist office, booking will not actually start until late October and she will send out forms for ACO members so that they can be submitted during the members only booking window once the booking is open to non members she will process those. She can not guarantee you will get what you want but ACO discounts for camping and race tickets apply and she will do all she can to help.
Simon
Old 19 Sep 2013, 10:58 (Ref:3306107)   #161
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
/selfish mode on

Maybe it's better to stop promoting her so much and openly publishing her e-mail address might not be a good idea either. (yes, I am guilty as charged too, but will stop it).
A friend of mine ordered 3 TR tickets and received an e-mail back in which she asked if 2 might not be enough?
We don't want her becoming too popular so she won't be able to help us anymore, do we, Simon?

/selfish mode off
Old 19 Sep 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3306116)   #162
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I must admit that it did worry me slightly, bearing in mind that a lot of people visit these pages without posting. Nadine is clearly the kind of contact you wouldn't want to be messed around! If you want her details removed, it can be done!
Old 19 Sep 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3306120)   #163
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Well, regarding the slighly less good experiences my friend has encountered thus far with ordering via her, I think it's a good idea to remove the e-mail address.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 13:11 (Ref:3306168)   #164
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
All well and good but I think that if part of your job was to sell tickets etc for the race (and lets say her job performance rating depends on that) then any help that we can give her will be gratefully received. If the tourist office decides it needs to cut costs then if Nadine is not being cost effective then we all lose a valuable contact, I am sure she will not thank you, and also I am sure her old regular customers will get preferential treatment(or so i hope). I do not know how others work but I always think that if you help others then they will help you, if you offer nothing in return then people soon stop helping you.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3306185)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough Simon, your call.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3306194)   #166
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Well, not much use of removing the e-mail address buried deep inside a thread when Beermountain lists it on its 'How to get tickets' page. But still wondered why James was asked to cut down on his ticket request from 3 to 2 while my order of the same amount went through no problem whatsoever (fingers crossed).
Old 19 Sep 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3306200)   #167
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Remember Vince until she gets a completed booking form and current membership number then she can not process anything and at the moment the ACO has not announced any dates yet
Old 19 Sep 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3306217)   #168
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I didn't use any booking form last year. I just gave her all my data: name, address, phone, credit card number, expiry date, security number and ACO membership number and ticket request. Went very well
Old 19 Sep 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3306223)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Le Mans 2014 - Who is Attending?

Simon just gave her his criminal records office number......
Old 19 Sep 2013, 15:12 (Ref:3306230)   #170
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Simon just gave her his criminal records office number......
Old 19 Sep 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3306246)   #171
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well, not much use of removing the e-mail address buried deep inside a thread when Beermountain lists it on its 'How to get tickets' page. But still wondered why James was asked to cut down on his ticket request from 3 to 2 while my order of the same amount went through no problem whatsoever (fingers crossed).
Suspect we've all got our favoured means of securing tickets etc, for me Brian at 1st Tickets has always done a perfectly decent job, and for all that I'd hope he never got so busy he didn't have time for me, I think the more likely scenario is the more business he does the more likely he is to stay in business and be able to continue sorting out tickets.

Thinking back to my days as a novice I was eternally grateful to those who helped demystify the process, which always came across as pretty arcane and probably helped delay my first trip by a few years - it's easy to wish for us to have the track to ourselves, and I, like probably everyone, like it best when you can find a relatively quiet but good spot where you don't have to jostle with others for a view, but without bums on seats, the whole thing is likely to go away pretty quickly.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 15:55 (Ref:3306248)   #172
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I owe both my Le Mans trips to Kenn Korsager (KpKorsager)
Old 20 Sep 2013, 09:08 (Ref:3306496)   #173
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have to agree with isynge that to the first timer there does seem to be a bit of a barrier towards getting tickets. That's certainly how I remember it.

I'm also happy to pay a little bit extra to an agent and hopefully get that piece of mind.
Old 20 Sep 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3306595)   #174
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I had less worries. The first years (1996-2004) I just went to the Rotonde and asked for a campsite and entrance tickets. That was in the time when you could still return your bought tickets so I only ended up at Beausejour once, but have stayed at at pretty decent sites too: Karting Nord, Maison Blanche, Technoparc, Tertre Rouge.

Actually, my first Le Mans I came by train (the horror!) and sneaked my way in at Houx Annexe which was much and much larger than it is nowadays. Only bought entrance tickets. I was under the impression that camping was free But arriving on foot, without a car, and no marked out campingspots, it sort of was. Only discovered my naivety later in the week. Couldn't be bothered to buy campingticket by then though. As I came by car the next time, I then started to buy them at the Rotonde.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3308175)   #175
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As someone whose only stayed in Houx, I was intrigued by Maison Blanche as we wandered through to look at the Porsche curves this year.

What's it like to stay in?