Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jan 2015, 17:22 (Ref:3493621)   #151
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Enough already! I feel POWERless to stop the flow in the CURRENT thread.
Old 17 Jan 2015, 17:34 (Ref:3493624)   #152
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Enough already! I feel POWERless to stop the flow in the CURRENT thread.
so RESIST the temptation, just follow the FORCE

But don't care.
Old 17 Jan 2015, 19:07 (Ref:3493641)   #153
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For all our sakes, this exCELLent thread needs some input from Lucas. That would see it stop stone dead.
Old 17 Jan 2015, 19:34 (Ref:3493648)   #154
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
For all our sakes, this exCELLent thread needs some input from Lucas. That would see it stop stone dead.
I don't think so, it would just ....

Distribute it.

And, as we appear to going even more off topic - we could get the Film Industry involved who could promote it.

Maybe an Oscar .....

But don't care.
Old 17 Jan 2015, 20:27 (Ref:3493662)   #155
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would like to contribute more to this thread, but my wrist is week, so I will wait until my arm matures, meanwhile I'll brush up on Ian Flux with my friend Dinah Mow. She is an actress and was offered the leading roll in two different films, however, after a while she decided to jump leads and try to bump start her career.

I think I'm losing the will to live, I don't know whether to join the AA or switch to AAA. I ended up in jail after drinking battery acid, and got charged, maybe I'll ask the warder to move me to a dry cell.
Alright ignore me I'm just a punter.
Old 18 Jan 2015, 17:18 (Ref:3493853)   #156
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I ended up in jail after drinking battery acid, and got charged, maybe I'll ask the warder to move me to a dry cell.
You'll be ok there - most are AC/DC even if they are in for assault and BATTERY.

But don't care.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 23:06 (Ref:3494285)   #157
paddock.one
Racer

England
Cumbria
paddock.one should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MODERATORS - this has been good punning fun, but could we please have a NEW thread for any serious answers to the very first post regarding who's running the event, venue details, how to volunteer etc. Have been following this, and found the link to safety info etc very interesting. Yep, I'm a petrolhead too, but this new tech is not going to lie down, and is contributing to the UK motorsport engineering industry, Also should provide a great boost to UK motorsport PR as the final championship round (or maybe double-header two rounds?) will be at Battersea Park.
Let's give it a fair look rather than just take the p**s, ok?
Old 20 Jan 2015, 01:14 (Ref:3494315)   #158
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When there actually is any information on who's running it, how it will be marshalled and how/who can volunteer I'm all for starting a proper thread to discuss it.

At the moment, there's none of those, and this thread has become harmless fun and quite popular. I may just change the title and then we can have a sensible thread should there be any sign of the event actually happening.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 09:58 (Ref:3494394)   #159
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
When there actually is any information on who's running it, how it will be marshalled and how/who can volunteer I'm all for starting a proper thread to discuss it.

At the moment, there's none of those, and this thread has become harmless fun and quite popular. I may just change the title and then we can have a sensible thread should there be any sign of the event actually happening.
We must have used every possible pun on the electric theme (I sense a challenge there) so what we really need is a new thread to 'pun' on.

Let's face it the winter is only half over, and a race at Batterysea Park is still some way off.

Any suggestions?

No woolly minded think please, or some will get themselves into a paddy ock!
Or have The Pits mining even deeper puns, causing some to go Greem with envy. Have I reached pun number six in this post yet?
Old 20 Jan 2015, 10:32 (Ref:3494403)   #160
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No woolly minded think please, or some will get themselves into a paddy ock!
Or have The Pits mining even deeper puns, causing some to go Greem with envy. Have I reached pun number six in this post yet?
I think you're flogging a dead squirrel with that idea.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 10:46 (Ref:3494410)   #161
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsquirrel View Post
I think you're flogging a dead squirrel with that idea.
No need to lash out at me, I may have to whip round to your post, deal out some PUNishment by cropping your tail with my Bull Whip.

Yee! Ha! We're up and running.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 13:10 (Ref:3494445)   #162
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had hoped that some of these puns would make me laugh, but no pun in .... (you know the rest)
Old 20 Jan 2015, 13:13 (Ref:3494446)   #163
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
I'm seriously thinking I might have made the wrong decision...
Old 20 Jan 2015, 14:03 (Ref:3494455)   #164
bauble
Veteran

England
I'm seriously thinking

Always a mistake!
Old 20 Jan 2015, 15:22 (Ref:3494471)   #165
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
I'm seriously thinking
as opposed to ?

Quote:
I might have made the wrong decision...
At least you made one

p.s. I recently did a theatrical performance about puns. Really it was just a play on words.

But don't care.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 19:38 (Ref:3494563)   #166
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepits! View Post
p.s. I recently did a theatrical performance about puns. Really it was just a play on words.

OK, it was worth it for that one.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 20:03 (Ref:3494574)   #167
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
OK, it was worth it for that one.
So, it was the right decision

I relish the fact that you've mustard the strength to ketchup to me

and theres more

But don't care.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 14:58 (Ref:3494817)   #168
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepits! View Post
So, it was the right decision

I relish the fact that you've mustard the strength to ketchup to me

and theres more
Such sauce puts me into a proper pickle, and I find myself driving round-and-round Picalilly Circus, which reminds me;
Do you plan at marshalling at Le Mons. and what date might it be, I can't fig er it out.

Carry on Pits the world's your lobster.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 15:15 (Ref:3494820)   #169
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

PLEASE, PLEASE stop the dreadful puns and leave this thread alone until you have something useful to post! i.e. something thats actually relevant to marshaling the Formula E London event.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 21 Jan 2015, 16:03 (Ref:3494831)   #170
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1 View Post

PLEASE, PLEASE stop the dreadful puns and leave this thread alone until you have something useful to post! i.e. something thats actually relevant to marshaling the Formula E London event.
What can you add to the original purpose of this thread Mike? Do you know what, when and where or even who?

Many would love to have that information.

As this seems to be in short supply, these fabulous puns are at least keeping the subject at the top of the forum.

A totally disinterested loser.

PS; Best to hibernate until there is light at the end of the tunnel, and leave us idiots to our pun fun.

Cheers,

Bauble.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 17:20 (Ref:3494850)   #171
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Best to hibernate until there is light at the end of the tunnel,
and we all know what is don't we?

An oncoming train!!!!!!!

Quote:
and leave us idiots to our pun fun.
'ere! I resemble that remark

But don't care.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 17:30 (Ref:3494855)   #172
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1 View Post

Mods please give Simon and Bob a playground thread where they can take the mickey out of whatever they please; but stop taking the p*ss out of FormulaE just cause you don't appear to approve of the concept.

Old 21 Jan 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3494866)   #173
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post

Mods please give Simon and Bob a playground thread where they can take the mickey out of whatever they please; but stop taking the p*ss out of FormulaE just cause you don't appear to approve of the concept.

may I refer my honourable friend to an earlier post ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolley

In the meanwhile we're not taking the p1ss out of E - honest guv

But don't care.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 17:56 (Ref:3494868)   #174
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post

Come on Chiggers, this is not about FE or it's concept, personally I'm neutral on the subject, BUT UNTIL there is something more concrete about the London round, what is there to discuss?

I make you and Simon a promise. As soon as information emerges that can give rise to serious matters, I'll disappear from this thread entirely. Or sooner if required by the all powerful Moderators.
After all I am only a guest here.

God Bless,

Bob.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 18:18 (Ref:3494879)   #175
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Come on Chiggers, this is not about FE or it's concept, personally I'm neutral on the subject, BUT UNTIL there is something more concrete about the London round, what is there to discuss? I make you and Simon a promise. As soon as information emerges that can give rise to serious matters, I'll disappear from this thread entirely. Or sooner if required by the all powerful Moderators.
After all I am only a guest here.

God Bless, Bob.
Why promise me?

Okay, If/When this becomes a serious Lundun E CIRCUIT thread I'll stop AMPlifying any CURRENT issues with the whole electric/ECO concepts and keep any comments SHORT - or non-existent.

But don't care.
Closed Thread