Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jul 2015, 03:09 (Ref:3556087)   #151
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
1:41's? 1:42's easy. Basically faster than ever.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 04:14 (Ref:3556094)   #152
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
The #4 Corvette set a pole time at Daytona this year at 1 min 43.5 sec. What do you think could be the GTLM pole time in 2016 with the new specs? I think the GT3 cars even on Conti's will be in the 44's.
Full GT3 aren't going to be much, if any, faster than this years GTD times at Daytona. The current GTD cars have a big top speed advantage on full GT3 cars because of their lack of downforce.

-mike
Old 6 Jul 2015, 07:23 (Ref:3556113)   #153
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
But the M3 GT2 did, with transaxle layout.

MC12 didn't meet GT1 regs (dimensions, as far as I recall). Ford GT supposedly meets the new GTP regs.
there were 2 different models of M3 GT2, a more prototype oriented one that ran in 2009-2010 ALMS, 2009-2011 24HN and 2010 spa 24H, and the so called "schnitzer specs" that ran in 2010-2011 ILMC/le mans 24H and 2011-2012 ALMS.
The schnitzer specs car was full ACO specs, but kept however the transaxle gearbox layout (like the vantage).

About MC12, the car was too wide, about 210cm... all other early mid 2000's GT1 cars width was less than 200cm (not so sure about murcielagoo R-GT). Actually in 2010 there was the JLOC murcielago R-SV that more or less was as wide as the MC12.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 13:47 (Ref:3556198)   #154
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
kept however the transaxle gearbox layout (like the vantage).
All AML cars including the Vantage have transaxle in the road going version, even the 4-door Rapide. So they didn't need a waiver, unlike the M3. And it's a very major waiver in my book.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 19:28 (Ref:3556271)   #155
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
About MC12, the car was too wide, about 210cm... all other early mid 2000's GT1 cars width was less than 200cm (not so sure about murcielagoo R-GT). Actually in 2010 there was the JLOC murcielago R-SV that more or less was as wide as the MC12.
With MC12 it was obviously non issue because it wasn't recognized by the ACO (today it would probably get clearance in one second...)

Regarding the Lambo, are you saying that the brand new R-SV JLOC received from Reiter was the only Lambo that year that was that wide? Because the other so-called "new" 2010 GT1 cars were over 200mm as well, IIRC Nissan & Lambo were close to 205 and Ford GT1 was 210mm. And I don't think the VDS and Matech Fords lost any of that width for the two ACO races they did...

Anyway it doesn't really matter, that year was out of place
Old 6 Jul 2015, 19:30 (Ref:3556272)   #156
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The width wasn't the biggest problem with the MC12. The biggest grope the ACO had with it, was that it raced before it went on the road. The racecars were basically the first rolling cars off the band.
This in effect made the roadcar a homologation special, and the racers nigh on prototypes.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 19:35 (Ref:3556273)   #157
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lynx View Post
The width wasn't the biggest problem with the MC12. The biggest grope the ACO had with it, was that it raced before it went on the road. The racecars were basically the first rolling cars off the band.
This in effect made the roadcar a homologation special, and the racers nigh on prototypes.
They didnt like it because it wasnt a spec race car
Old 6 Jul 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3556286)   #158
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
And I don't think the VDS and Matech Fords lost any of that width for the two ACO races they did...
Including 2010 Le Mans 24h.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3556297)   #159
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Including 2010 Le Mans 24h.
Obviously
Old 7 Jul 2015, 01:14 (Ref:3556338)   #160
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
TThe last paragraph for this vision of new GT4 sounds like this category brought alongside GT1 and GT2 a decade ago, called GT3. And we know how that turned out when it got out of control...
I meant something closer to road spec than GT2/GTE, rather than further away (GT3's prototype-ish chassis with strangled engines is the direct opposite of what I meant). Perhaps even use some sort of weight/power formula to have Bentley racing Exige V6 and Alfa 4C. And introduce underfloor regs to allow these cars safely travel strictly parallel to the ground at whatever altitude they feel like going above Flugplatz to never again worry about introducing speed limits at the Ring.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 08:28 (Ref:3556408)   #161
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With MC12 it was obviously non issue because it wasn't recognized by the ACO (today it would probably get clearance in one second...)

Regarding the Lambo, are you saying that the brand new R-SV JLOC received from Reiter was the only Lambo that year that was that wide? Because the other so-called "new" 2010 GT1 cars were over 200mm as well, IIRC Nissan & Lambo were close to 205 and Ford GT1 was 210mm. And I don't think the VDS and Matech Fords lost any of that width for the two ACO races they did...

Anyway it doesn't really matter, that year was out of place
yeah, I know that brand new 2010 GT1 cars were all wider than 200cm (cm not mm... ), infact my opinon was that maybe in 2010 the MC12 could be accepted for le mans because of the presence of other cars that were already over the width limits.
Anyway, even if the car was elegible in previous years, I guess that vitaphone racing could never match the corvette racing and AMR pace and effort.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 17:35 (Ref:3557361)   #162
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Gimmi Bruni won't be leaving the Ferrari fold anytime soon as he's re-signed with Ferrari for multiple seasons (doesn't say specifically so at least two). Thank god! Hopefully Vilander stays on also as we need both of them to help develop the new 488.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 18:01 (Ref:3557365)   #163
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully we get Bruni/Vilander and a good second pairing and the 488GTB works out of so we can see some epic Ford vs Ferrari.

In other news : Honda NSX GTE/GTLM?
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/11912...et-to-conclude

While the car is a hybrid and im not sure the ACO would let that slide im willing to bet IMSA would let Honda have a homologation special, they allow BMW to get away with it.
Old 11 Jul 2015, 08:05 (Ref:3557491)   #164
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
The MC12 had a lot of eligibility problems, it pretty much only ever raced because FIA GT couldn't afford to turn away a manufacturer.

The race car had a shortened nose and then the ALMS one ran with a shortened splitter and it was still too long for a GT1 car...
Old 5 Aug 2015, 21:47 (Ref:3564013)   #165
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Do we know when the FIA BoP tests for the new cars are? Somewhere in September but when and where exactly (probably Paul Ricard)?
Old 5 Aug 2015, 23:18 (Ref:3564028)   #166
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I notice that the 488 has a similar concept (with a far more subtle execution) to the Ford GT with regards to air flow through the tail of the car. The ducting above the rear wheels exits out the back while doubling for cooling, and much work has been done with the underbody, the sort of stuff you usually don't see with production based racing.

It will be very interesting to see what Aston Martin and Porsche can come up with, but I predict a very interesting evolution of GTE over the next few seasons.
Old 6 Aug 2015, 06:03 (Ref:3564078)   #167
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Do we know when the FIA BoP tests for the new cars are? Somewhere in September but when and where exactly (probably Paul Ricard)?
The BoP tests will be conducted at the michelin test tracks in Ladoux but the exact dates seem to be a closely guarded secret for some reason.
Old 6 Aug 2015, 17:12 (Ref:3564189)   #168
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
I notice that the 488 has a similar concept (with a far more subtle execution) to the Ford GT with regards to air flow through the tail of the car. The ducting above the rear wheels exits out the back while doubling for cooling, and much work has been done with the underbody, the sort of stuff you usually don't see with production based racing.

It will be very interesting to see what Aston Martin and Porsche can come up with, but I predict a very interesting evolution of GTE over the next few seasons.
Rumour on Midweek Motorsport last week (?) that there would be no Porsches in GTE Pro next year while they concentrate on rumoured development of rumoured mid-engined supercar to sit between 911 and 918. Apparently.
Old 6 Aug 2015, 19:25 (Ref:3564215)   #169
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Rumour on Midweek Motorsport last week (?) that there would be no Porsches in GTE Pro next year while they concentrate on rumoured development of rumoured mid-engined supercar to sit between 911 and 918. Apparently.
How do you interpret this? Porsche is taking 2016 off for a return in 2017 with a GTE supercar? GTLM in TUSC could be just 7 cars next year with 2 Corvettes, 2 Fords, 2 BMW M6, and Risi with 1 Ferarri 488. I hope Walker racing can stick around somehow.

I suppose the current 911 RSR will be obsolete in GTLM in 2016.
Old 6 Aug 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3564218)   #170
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
How do you interpret this? Porsche is taking 2016 off for a return in 2017 with a GTE supercar? GTLM in TUSC could be just 7 cars next year with 2 Corvettes, 2 Fords, 2 BMW M6, and Risi with 1 Ferarri 488. I hope Walker racing can stick around somehow.

I suppose the current 911 RSR will be obsolete in GTLM in 2016.
You mean like they did for the 2013 season, dropping Flying Lizard as their semi-Werks team, ahead of the 991 that debuted in 2014?

L.P.
Old 6 Aug 2015, 22:04 (Ref:3564247)   #171
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They might continue in GTLM in TUSC but sit out GTE Pro in WEC. That would at least keep some of their drivers busy.
Old 6 Aug 2015, 23:55 (Ref:3564271)   #172
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They might continue in GTLM in TUSC but sit out GTE Pro in WEC. That would at least keep some of their drivers busy.
I think that P1 in WEC and GTLM in TUSC is probably what makes the most sense for Porsche. That would give them a factory funded program in both camps.
Old 7 Aug 2015, 02:57 (Ref:3564290)   #173
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I think that P1 in WEC and GTLM in TUSC is probably what makes the most sense for Porsche. That would give them a factory funded program in both camps.
I hope so but they'll have to do something to make the 911 RSR a much faster car next year. And we are not talking about a couple tenths of a second per lap we might be talking about 2 seconds a lap faster at Daytona
Old 7 Aug 2015, 08:32 (Ref:3564326)   #174
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I hope so but they'll have to do something to make the 911 RSR a much faster car next year. And we are not talking about a couple tenths of a second per lap we might be talking about 2 seconds a lap faster at Daytona
Doubt that is going to happen, considering that they are working on a new mid-engine car for 2017
Old 7 Aug 2015, 08:35 (Ref:3564327)   #175
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Not so rumored Mike. I have it from a pretty good source that it is fact.