Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Feb 2003, 18:22 (Ref:499771)   #151
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hats of to them it's stunning. It only seems to be a nip here and a tuck there but it sure as hell looks good and it'll probably be blindingly quick as well. Never mind, roll on 2004.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 18:23 (Ref:499773)   #152
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marlboro. Ferrari's haven't been "Ferrari Rosso" since 1997. They're MARLBORO scarlet, not blood red as before.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 18:28 (Ref:499779)   #153
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look at this picture again - how did they manage to get the floor to come out so far/the sidepods to come in so far and still stay within the regs? Very slim and sexy though...
Old 7 Feb 2003, 18:32 (Ref:499784)   #154
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
For goodness sake! the nose really doesn't fit onto a sexbomb like this...I hope it's getting sorted...
Old 7 Feb 2003, 18:48 (Ref:499793)   #155
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Rory says it will be the best, then any improvements made by Mac and Williams will only help them to maintain the status quo...they will still be at least a second per lap slower in race trim. It is really a beautiful car, even if it is the wrong shade of red, and I think we are in for another dominating season.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 18:50 (Ref:499794)   #156
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by facco
Keeps hitting her head against the wall An Improved Ferrari... this is impossible and I'm dreaming ( Isn't it a good way to say hi, I'm back?)
Welcome back baby. We missed you !!

Looks like a red season ahead again...
Old 7 Feb 2003, 18:56 (Ref:499799)   #157
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@ Tristan... TOTALLY AGREE, that's not Ferrari Rosso.
@ Bon et al, missed you too...
Old 7 Feb 2003, 18:59 (Ref:499802)   #158
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its no 641/2 and certainly not a 126 C2 Turbo, so its definatly not the most sexy F1 Ferrari ever.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 19:35 (Ref:499827)   #159
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Look at what those sportscar fellas have been saying, tsk, tsk

Quote:
i think it looks ok, but i'm not fussed either way. thing is, what i love with sportscars is at least theres some vaguely interesting differences between the cars.

surfing the f1 forum makes me wonder what they're all looking at...all the cars basically look the SAME. "ooh....look at the new 2mm added to the sauber bargeboard"

and don't even get me started on the new ferrari...emperors new clothes or what!
Old 7 Feb 2003, 19:40 (Ref:499834)   #160
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bon jour, facco.

"the nose really doesn't fit onto a sexbomb like this...I hope it's getting sorted..."

The F2002 was launched with the 2001 nose to keep it secret. They've done the same thing here. In front of the cockpit it IS the F2002 with different barge boards. Wait untill San Marino for the real car.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 20:04 (Ref:499847)   #161
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
This guy looks excited about it too!
Attached Thumbnails
ferrari--shu.jpg  
Old 7 Feb 2003, 20:15 (Ref:499861)   #162
Guy Goddard2
Racer

Guy Goddard2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Ferrari to make a mockery of F1.... or have they learn't.

Intersting comment by Barichello saying he wanting to win the championship this year...look at your contract my friend, its not going to happen.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 20:21 (Ref:499868)   #163
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Logrence
Look at this picture again - how did they manage to get the floor to come out so far/the sidepods to come in so far and still stay within the regs? Very slim and sexy though...
Its those NASA designed rads/heat exchangers its sporting...
Old 7 Feb 2003, 21:30 (Ref:499908)   #164
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Guy Goddard2

<snipped out first sentence, which was clearly sour grapes>

Intersting comment by Barichello saying he wanting to win the championship this year...look at your contract my friend, its not going to happen.

That's not what I read that he said:

Ma Rubens che obiettivi ha?
"Vincere, vincere tanto e dimostrare che sono qui alla Ferrari non per far numero ma per dare il mio contributo alla vittoria, sempre per il bene della Ferrari come è successo anche l'anno scorso in Austria (quando dovette cedere la vittoria a Schumi per volere del team; n.d.r.). Sono in un momento felice della mia vita e voglio continuare così".
Nemmeno l'arrivo del giovane e promettente Felipe Massa come collaudatore lo preoccupa: "Rubarmi il posto? Ma no, non penso. Sono felice che sia qui con noi perché penso potrÃ* fare un bel lavoro. Penso che però per lui sarebbe stato meglio correre da titolare in un altro team". Infine una chiusura sulle nuove regole: "I più forti resteranno davanti, sicuramente le qualifiche con un giro unico regaleranno qualche sorpresa. E da Silverstone mi divertirò di più anch'io perché senza elettronica la guida è diversa".
----
Rubens, what goals do you have?
"Winning, winning alot and demonstrating that I am here at Ferrari not to make up number but to make my contribution to the victory, always for the good of Ferrari, like happened even last year in Austria. I am in a happy moment in my life, and I want to continue like this."

Not even the arrival of the young and promising Filipe Massa as test pilot worries you?
"Steal my place? No, I don't think so. I am happy that he is here because I think he can do a good job. However, I thought it would have been better for him as a main driver on another team. "

On the new rules:
"The best will stay ahead, and the one lap qualifying will surely give us some surprises. And from Silverstone, I'll have more fun myself, because without electronics, the driving is different"

Sounds to me like Rubens knows his place...
Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:19 (Ref:500000)   #165
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Its those NASA designed rads/heat exchangers its sporting...
And we know how successful they've been lately...
Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:22 (Ref:500004)   #166
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
The old and the new
Attached Thumbnails
compare 2.jpg  
Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:28 (Ref:500017)   #167
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Logrence, that wasn't really necessary, was it - in the wake of last week's tragedy?

Comparing the two cars posted by Armco Bender above, the F2003 does look better!
Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:31 (Ref:500029)   #168
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie
Its no 641/2 and certainly not a 126 C2 Turbo, so its definatly not the most sexy F1 Ferrari ever.
Amen to that! Amen! Gilles, scarlet, and #27... ooooohhhh
Old 8 Feb 2003, 00:35 (Ref:500163)   #169
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
FIAT

Did anyone else notice that FIAT is still on this years car. One could be forgiven for mistaking this to be a FIAT racing car.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 8 Feb 2003 at 00:39.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 01:02 (Ref:500185)   #170
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dats a kwality rass kar!!!

This thread really proves what a strong presence Ferrari has in F1. Were not all Ferrari fans but weve all posted multiple times here in eager anticipation of the F2003.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 01:11 (Ref:500199)   #171
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same nose job....but what a radical change from the sidepod to the rear end! The F2002 was a perfect car and yet the F2003 dosen't look anywhere near it!
Old 8 Feb 2003, 01:37 (Ref:500220)   #172
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
On the surface, it looks as if someone took last years car, and spent the year improving on it from all angles. I may not be a fan of SchM, but that won't stop me from admiring this beauty. On a negative note, this must be extremely demoralising for everyone else who competes aginst this.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 02:25 (Ref:500244)   #173
mirwin
Racer

mirwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The sidepods look incredible. Does anyone expect a radical front end on the final form of the car?
Old 8 Feb 2003, 09:33 (Ref:500390)   #174
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Heres the two noses together,they are both quite different,the front wings are clearly different.I think what you see is what your going to get.Thats certainally not a 2002 nose tacked on for the launch.
Attached Thumbnails
noses.jpg  
Old 8 Feb 2003, 11:11 (Ref:500471)   #175
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But wasn't it stated that last years they used the 2001 nose in the 2002 presentation??

Red, Juke, can you confirm this?