Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 13 Sep 2003, 19:52 (Ref:717739)   #151
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is nice to be able to think that it doesn't really matter this time round, and having the christmas break is a good idea. 10 out of 14 races counting might be tough though. After all, we did 10 race last time, and i missed the first three, and the 7 races i did compete in were gruelling enough!
Old 13 Sep 2003, 19:56 (Ref:717746)   #152
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd actually prefer them all to count......
Old 13 Sep 2003, 19:59 (Ref:717750)   #153
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's because you have a stable internet connection!
Old 13 Sep 2003, 20:00 (Ref:717752)   #154
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not my fault!

Old 13 Sep 2003, 20:03 (Ref:717760)   #155
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, how many counted last time? If it were 7 or something, then people could pick and choose their best tracks, and they wouldn't get dispondent about being absolutely crud somewhere. Of course, we'd have to make the Ring compulsory though
Old 14 Sep 2003, 07:37 (Ref:718179)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
7 out of 10. Forgetting Rouen, which I originally competed and then missed the re-run, I drove 9 of them. In fact 10 really, because I did Zandy twice..... I think there is actually some sense in saying some races are compulsory - it would be very easy to pick your 4 worst tracks and give those a miss.....
Old 14 Sep 2003, 09:20 (Ref:718257)   #157
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, whatever. Lets not disagree about this at the 11th hour.

See you guys later.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 09:29 (Ref:718264)   #158
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Indeed.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 11:10 (Ref:718338)   #159
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Still no news from Spud?
Old 14 Sep 2003, 11:18 (Ref:718349)   #160
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just a quick note guys I might me a little late, but I should there at some point, if not see u for the race on Tuesday.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 11:27 (Ref:718353)   #161
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Well the race proper doesn't start 'til 4 rob (what with the hour quali and all), so you've got plenty of time.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:21 (Ref:718398)   #162
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well after a deadly dull Grand Prix, I'm hoping for a bit more excitement at Kyalami!

Still don't know if Spud is OK to host though.....
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:27 (Ref:718407)   #163
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 hour quali? isnt that a bit excessive, surely 30mins is enough.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:50 (Ref:718436)   #164
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
the point of the praccy race is just that - practice. The race is simply an added bonus.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:53 (Ref:718442)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'm in the chatroom - rather lonely here.....
Old 14 Sep 2003, 13:57 (Ref:718447)   #166
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Message to all - TTFL practice is due to start in about 3 minutes......
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:16 (Ref:718466)   #167
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry I missed the race but I have a problem the bit that the bolt goes into so that u can sucre your wheel to the table well it just snapped, so I have had to glue it back together hopefully that will do the job if not then I will be missing for quite while or until I can afford a new wheel........
Old 14 Sep 2003, 14:33 (Ref:718492)   #168
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry guys,

Still haven't traced the fault on my GPL machine, so I'm pretty much stuck.

Hopefully I'll be able to make some headway with the damn thing in the next couple of weeks.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:28 (Ref:718548)   #169
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I got ****ing disqualified

I got a "cut course penalty" I served it, and the board infront of me disappeared, only to reappear as i set off again.
So i went round and came back in, assuming i'd have to serve the penalty again, but oh no "DQ. Ignored Black Flag"

fck.

My connection was ****. I didn't cut the course. I got passed by all of you, because i couldn't see you half the time.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:47 (Ref:718559)   #170
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sorry about that p - shame, it was a good race - while it lasted. I saw no warping at all from anyone.

I'll keep this quick because I'm still fizzing because of effectively having to terminate the practice race. I'm not a TTFL official, I just happened to host the race - so I'll keep most of my comments about it to myself. Suffice to say, however, that I saw no point in continuing with just Damon and I left running. I've been there before.....

As far as the accident in T4 between Owen and Damon was concerned, FWIW, in my opinion it was a pure racing accident. Owen took his line, perhaps not realising just how close Damon was on his inside. Contact was inevitable (it was what I had been hoping for...... ).

Pic 1 shows the frame before contact was made

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Jun 2006 at 19:55.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:49 (Ref:718560)   #171
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Pic 2 shows the frame when contact was made between Owen's back right wheel and Damon's front left.....

That was a shame guys - while it lasted it was a great race, but, as far as I'm concerned, one of the golden (if unwritten) rules of online league racing was broken today.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 14 Jun 2006 at 19:55.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:50 (Ref:718561)   #172
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Ayse, i warped big time!

You guys were disappearing once a lap at least. That's why i fell from 1st to 4th between the start and T5! I just couldn't see where you guys were!
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:52 (Ref:718562)   #173
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I saw you p, but I was somehow able to sneak into 2nd place by T1. What happened afterwards, I have no idea. I rode with you (all of you, actually) during practice, and it seemed OK.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:58 (Ref:718566)   #174
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Seems that way (the incident), if Owen didn't know I was there then I'll let it go as a racing incident, but from on board it looks like Owen, shall we say, didn't give me as much room as I may have given. Whatever though, tuesday is when it counts, lets just hope people hang around for that one.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 15:58 (Ref:718568)   #175
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
nah, practice was the same. I followed you for a lap and a half till you spun at T1, and you disappeared 3 times!