Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 15 Mar 2005, 04:20 (Ref:1252141)   #151
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I thought Gavin was to make his debut in 1995 with the pacific team but couldnt obtain a superlicence or something and therefore missed out ?

is that correct , and didnt he go on to be the safety car driver or something ?
Old 15 Mar 2005, 06:23 (Ref:1252166)   #152
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
I thought Gavin was to make his debut in 1995 with the pacific team but couldnt obtain a superlicence or something and therefore missed out ?
Yes, there was some sort of mix up which prevented him driving in Adelaide.

Team shareholder Bertrand Gachot stepped back into the cockpit for what proved to be Pacific's last Grand Prix.

Quote:

is that correct , and didnt he go on to be the safety car driver or something ?

Yes he did.

Now a sportscar driver in a Chevrolet Corvette ALMS GT.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 07:27 (Ref:1252179)   #153
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure how many of you have seen this site, but there's a wealth of data on the subject of this thread. Scan the teams sections, focusing on the weaker ones... non-starters, garagistes etc...

http://www.gpracing.net192.com/teams.cfm
Old 15 Mar 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1252377)   #154
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually for me the worst driver is one who wastes his chances. To that extent laydees and genelmen I give you ...............................................

Betrand Gachot.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 13:51 (Ref:1252414)   #155
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not only is Gachot probably the only driver to miss F1 races through being in jail, and put tonnes of his own money into Pacific (who's other drivers were all atrocious) he's also directly responsible for Michael Schumacher getting his chance. That alone qualifies him for hatred.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1252461)   #156
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't hate him martin. But I do think he was stupid.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 14:01 (Ref:1252466)   #157
312T4
Racer

Italy
312T4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubts...Andrea De Adamich!
Old 15 Mar 2005, 14:35 (Ref:1252488)   #158
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I don't hate him martin. But I do think he was stupid.
Peter, I know this is not the place for this... but I can't help myself in asking... where do you get the time to post so much and at the same time find the hours to prepare the coolest Capri in the UK ? Second... for the real Capri-o-file what is the significance of 24.01.1969 ?

--- for everyone else --- apologies for taking a time out in dissing F1 drivers !
Old 15 Mar 2005, 14:52 (Ref:1252502)   #159
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 312T4
Great touring car driver, though.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1252539)   #160
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
Peter, I know this is not the place for this... but I can't help myself in asking... where do you get the time to post so much and at the same time find the hours to prepare the coolest Capri in the UK ? Second... for the real Capri-o-file what is the significance of 24.01.1969 ?

--- for everyone else --- apologies for taking a time out in dissing F1 drivers !
I'll pm you.
Old 16 Mar 2005, 00:17 (Ref:1253022)   #161
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Not only is Gachot probably the only driver to miss F1 races through being in jail, and put tonnes of his own money into Pacific
I never knew that Gachot funded Pacific... wow, you learn something new every day. I thought it was put together by Keith Wiggins of F2/F3000 fame [and now with Herdez racing or something in the States]. Was Gachot well heeled before he came into F1 or did he use his earnings from F1 in this 'investment' ? How much did he put in ?

--- by the way, will look forward to the pm on that one Peter... cheers ---

Last edited by davyboy; 16 Mar 2005 at 00:18.
Old 16 Mar 2005, 02:41 (Ref:1253070)   #162
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Norberto Fontana.

Mazzacane has to be pretty close to the mix as well.
Old 17 Mar 2005, 22:08 (Ref:1254625)   #163
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Got to be Deletraz or Yoong.
Old 17 Mar 2005, 22:26 (Ref:1254642)   #164
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 312T4
4th in a Surtees in 1973? No way Pedro.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 00:12 (Ref:1254713)   #165
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
lol. Best thread EVER! I call it a celebration of mediocrity. No...wait, Mediocre would be a compliment for these guys!
Old 18 Mar 2005, 00:25 (Ref:1254725)   #166
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Actually, the irony is that very few of those so far mentioned are anything other than good racing drivers. Out of their depth in F1, perhaps, but bad drivers? Hardly.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 00:33 (Ref:1254733)   #167
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Norberto Fontana.

Mazzacane has to be pretty close to the mix as well.
Since his definitive return to Argentina, Norberto Fontana is among the best Touring Car drivers in Argentinean motorsport. In 2002, his second full year in TC2000 (similar to BTCC at that times) he was crowned Champion and he's been a constant animator in this series since he entered in during 2001. 2003 was the year he made the leap to Turismo Carretera, very different to TC2000 when it is a '70s Stock Car-like series, and since the beggining he made the pace and in his second year he got three wins, being the driver with most wins in that series during 2004, and showing as one of the candidates to the title for this year. A great racer to be a mediocre one, huh?

Mazzacane, instead, hadn't shown his abilities in local motorsport since he made the trip to Europe in 1994 (in 1993 he raced in the B class in the SouthAm F3).
If only Gastón tried to think to turn driving for driver management, like Inoue did...

Last edited by Mekola; 18 Mar 2005 at 00:35.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 00:34 (Ref:1254735)   #168
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still remember Fontana racing at Magny-Cours and Martin exclaiming on air, "you can even hear him lifting through turn one - no one ever lifts for turn one in a Formula 1 car!"
Old 18 Mar 2005, 00:36 (Ref:1254738)   #169
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
lol. Best thread EVER! I call it a celebration of mediocrity. No...wait, Mediocre would be a compliment for these guys!
So what's your own F1 driving history ? Have you driven an F1 car ? Have you tried to qualify for a GP ? Have you driven against an F1 driver ?
Old 18 Mar 2005, 00:39 (Ref:1254744)   #170
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I still remember Fontana racing at Magny-Cours and Martin exclaiming on air, "you can even hear him lifting through turn one - no one ever lifts for turn one in a Formula 1 car!"
Martin himself lifted in many places F1 cars shouldn't have done. Great driver that he is, let's not forget that equipment counts for more than 95% of the performance package !
Old 18 Mar 2005, 03:57 (Ref:1254840)   #171
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
So what's your own F1 driving history ? Have you driven an F1 car ? Have you tried to qualify for a GP ? Have you driven against an F1 driver ?
Oh, sorry I must have misread the thread, it must be called "We rate Skam's ability to drive an F1 car". Sorry I thought it was called Worst Driver Ever.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 04:46 (Ref:1254881)   #172
davyboy
Veteran

Maybe I misread the thread title myself. If the kinds of people named here, who managed to reach F1 and expose their skills to the world, are candidates for the title of 'worst driver ever'... then what about those of us who never managed such a feat.
Not to single you out Skam, but with the full support of the Ferrari GP team, and a week's testing, does anyone on this thread think they could get an F2005 within 5 seconds of Albers' Minardi ?
Old 18 Mar 2005, 07:05 (Ref:1254978)   #173
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As we have descended into bickering (if we came that way to it) I think we'll call time here.

If any of these characters that have added something to F1 down the many years then please discuss further.

I think also another mention should go to f1rejects.com for compiling a list of some of them.

Thread closed