Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Nov 2021, 00:42 (Ref:4084291)   #1776
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Simple Question. What is it?
I must be showing my youth - I actually know that one!

PM Sent

Edited to add: I could probably name the driver & the weekend that the photo was taken if you want as I have pictures from the same meeting.

Last edited by Alfaholic; 19 Nov 2021 at 00:57.
Old 19 Nov 2021, 07:27 (Ref:4084309)   #1777
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Well its a red car. Simple answer.
Simpleton!!

Al has it right.
Old 19 Nov 2021, 08:46 (Ref:4084317)   #1778
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
E.B, it looks like a Vertigo but must be something else. Probably not many of the belgian rocket Cheetah inspired in the UK.
Old 19 Nov 2021, 08:59 (Ref:4084320)   #1779
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
E.B, it looks like a Vertigo but must be something else. Probably not many of the belgian rocket Cheetah inspired in the UK.
Remind me to tell you the joke about the 'Wide Mouthed Frog' sometime.
Old 19 Nov 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4084322)   #1780
bauble
Veteran

England
GCC, has it right and in full detail. Top Man.
Old 19 Nov 2021, 09:50 (Ref:4084324)   #1781
bauble
Veteran

England
RBs has it, obviously not as hard as I thought it would be. But then the name is on the windscreen
Old 19 Nov 2021, 11:05 (Ref:4084335)   #1782
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
RBs has it, obviously not as hard as I thought it would be. But then the name is on the windscreen
Hehehe.... I saw the name and googled, but didnt add the word car... it found nothing. Now I do it again and there are those cars everywhere.
Old 19 Nov 2021, 19:02 (Ref:4084419)   #1783
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I did not enlarge the pic because I know te car and found the name was changed for Vertigo Streiff when googling. I know one of the guys behind the development, he works for a Bimmer dealer near my place.
Old 23 Nov 2021, 00:14 (Ref:4085033)   #1784
bauble
Veteran

England
Post 1772;
The cars were, Alta, Cooper, Maserati, HWM, Rover the sixth marque was.

MARCH.
Old 23 Nov 2021, 00:16 (Ref:4085034)   #1785
bauble
Veteran

England
Can you identify this unique Special?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4455 (3).JPG   IMG_4455 (4).JPG  
Attached Images

Old 23 Nov 2021, 00:29 (Ref:4085035)   #1786
bauble
Veteran

England
What separates;
Colin, Eric, & Geoffrey;
From Archie, Cyril, and John?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180818_0001.jpg  
Old 23 Nov 2021, 00:30 (Ref:4085036)   #1787
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Can you identify this unique Special?
No. Not a chance. Stupido Club for me.
Old 23 Nov 2021, 14:35 (Ref:4085114)   #1788
DAYTONASME
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oulton Park's my local
DAYTONASME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#1785 post Bentley Napier
Old 23 Nov 2021, 15:06 (Ref:4085121)   #1789
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYTONASME View Post
#1785 post Bentley Napier
Now you have given the game away. Answer by PM please, it gives other a chance.

In this instance there will be no points added to your licence, as it is a first offence.

Oh! You are correct, of course. (Yah, boo, sucks to you EB beaten by a rookie
Old 23 Nov 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4085124)   #1790
bauble
Veteran

England
Re post 1786.
The picture of Ayrton Senna and my daughter has nothing to do with the question, but it is supposed to be Picture Puzzle.
Old 23 Nov 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4085126)   #1791
bauble
Veteran

England
roof of the pudding.plus a contribution from RBS;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4455.JPG   thumbnail_Napier Bentley Legend.jpg  
Old 23 Nov 2021, 15:46 (Ref:4085133)   #1792
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Oh! You are correct, of course. (Yah, boo, sucks to you EB beaten by a rookie
Particularly stupido of me considering I identified the very same car with no trouble just 3 weeks ago in the picture thread.
Old 24 Nov 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4085300)   #1793
bauble
Veteran

England
1786 seems to have baffled everyone, some help is needed.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8618.JPG   A B 01.JPG   IMG_0044.JPG  

IMG_0250.JPG   IMG_0306.JPG   IMG_8373.JPG  

Old 24 Nov 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4085316)   #1794
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had all of surnames & cars sorted just can not the answer!
Old 24 Nov 2021, 18:31 (Ref:4085337)   #1795
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I had all of surnames & cars sorted just can not the answer!
RBS, you are not alone, so let me point out the obvious.

Three of the manufacturers name their cars after themselves Cooper Keift, Frazer Nash.

The other three don't! Lotus, Lola, Alta.

A fresh Puzzle for you to work on;

work out these three anagrams.

Louts, 'allo, Lata. They are all racing cars.
Old 24 Nov 2021, 18:33 (Ref:4085338)   #1796
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It just came to me. PM sent. Very clever Baub.
Old 24 Nov 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4085339)   #1797
bauble
Veteran

England
Another wreck to re assemble;
I think it will be a doddle for RBS, and should be for EB.
Attached Images

Old 24 Nov 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4085340)   #1798
bauble
Veteran

England
Now you have the idea why not try;

Brian, Frank, Daohne

Arthur, Rodney, Frank.
Old 24 Nov 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4085341)   #1799
bauble
Veteran

England
1797 proved easy for Cheddars.

Awarded.
Old 24 Nov 2021, 19:04 (Ref:4085342)   #1800
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
PM sent for 1797.