Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 21 Dec 2023, 19:00 (Ref:4189599)   #1776
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Just one question - why???????
Another question: why not? I love the Prowler and assume my -bad- taste. As to own one myself, is another question…
Old 21 Dec 2023, 19:05 (Ref:4189600)   #1777
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'm appreciative that they made it and the people who bought them. At least it's not a Camry or Civic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Another question: why not? I love the Prowler and assume my -bad- taste. As to own one myself, is another question…
At least it came with a decent powrplant in it, unlike the above mentioned Prowler. Drop a Hemi in the Prowler and we would have something. And at least they made the stupid compliance indicator/bumper things easy to pop off with a couple nuts.

SSRs came with Vortec orginally but thankfully 05s got an LS2 in them. And you could actually get a manual although I'm guessing they did not sell many
Old 21 Dec 2023, 19:38 (Ref:4189602)   #1778
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
About dropping something in an existing chassis, I thorougly enjoyed both Caterham's 1600 and 1800 but never be able to cope with a Donkervoort tubo (Audi engine) or an Opel Speedster turbo. Talking about the last one with a german engineer I met exactly the same opinion may be because he too was a great fan of classic Alfas (Bertone of course!). Too old for this kind of stuff I guess (already ten plus years ago).
Old 27 Dec 2023, 17:07 (Ref:4190021)   #1779
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One of my favorite games to play in Atlanta, how many lugs do you really need. I've actually seen a few small cars with 1 on both right side wheels, I moved far far away

This guy was parked next to me getting lunch
Old 27 Dec 2023, 18:09 (Ref:4190026)   #1780
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just out of curiostiy, broad, what did this person order for lunch? Did he tip the waitress? I wonder what can be expected from a person driving with two missing lugs and valve cap… Must be either a van or a big 4x4, I'd go for the new Red Neck model!
Old 27 Dec 2023, 21:17 (Ref:4190035)   #1781
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Large 5th wheel trailer of Schedule 40 pipes and fittings. He was parked in a storage parking lot with a large sign that says no overnight or trailer parking. There always at least one

I had Zaxby's chicken, it was very nice and better than yesterday's Cane's.
Old 27 Dec 2023, 21:48 (Ref:4190037)   #1782
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Zaxby publicity says: "Absolutely craveable, daringly zesty, made-to-order chicken fingers, wings and more. This is gonna be good." Do you still have blue roof restaurants, aka House of pancake over there? Love those places (international passport is my favourite). And free refill coffee is much appreciated.
Old 29 Dec 2023, 02:33 (Ref:4190124)   #1783
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It's not really coffee but you get exactly the quality of coffee you last for at IHOP
Old 29 Dec 2023, 12:49 (Ref:4190154)   #1784
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'd say it's called coffee but if you're looking for a cappuccino or ristretto IHOP is not the best place to ask for. But as a foreigner, I've always enjoy pancakes, eggs any style and stuff. Fair prices included (sometimes smile too).
Old 29 Dec 2023, 14:58 (Ref:4190170)   #1785
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good job I don’t drink coffee, sounds very complicated!
Old 29 Dec 2023, 16:46 (Ref:4190180)   #1786
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Good job I don’t drink coffee, sounds very complicated!
In some places they make it overcomplicated.
I prefer the simple way - walk up to the counter and ask for a coffee. Pay for it, take your receipt to the barrista who will make you a coffee. Drink it, then leave.
Old 29 Dec 2023, 17:03 (Ref:4190182)   #1787
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Efficient but less romantic. Unless you're in Italy.
Old 29 Dec 2023, 18:39 (Ref:4190191)   #1788
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Efficient but less romantic. Unless you're in Italy.
Old 30 Dec 2023, 08:17 (Ref:4190225)   #1789
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Some just prefer the choice of Espresso or Latte
Old 30 Dec 2023, 08:44 (Ref:4190228)   #1790
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Some just prefer the choice of Espresso or Latte
Or to put it another way - Coffee or Milk?

Sorry - we're a bit off topic here. Here's some pictures of a 'Car and Coffee' event in Italy:

Old 30 Dec 2023, 12:07 (Ref:4190238)   #1791
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a gorgeous car the Lancia is. Very sweet
Old 30 Dec 2023, 12:47 (Ref:4190242)   #1792
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done CRM youve got the Ferrari equivalent of the Beauty and the Beast. Enzos make my eyes bleed. Awful overdesigned vehicle.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 30 Dec 2023 at 13:16.
Old 30 Dec 2023, 13:05 (Ref:4190247)   #1793
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
What a gorgeous car the Lancia is.
Hoo, yes! Direct link between the two Rivieras, bringing a glamorous atmosphere of Dolce Vita and Villa d'Este scents. Breathtaking.
Old 30 Dec 2023, 14:09 (Ref:4190251)   #1794
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lancia

This one was in Brackley today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lancia Flaminia  .jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	78434
Old 30 Dec 2023, 14:09 (Ref:4190252)   #1795
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very nice.

I took the MG to Haddenham Classics today. It started to spit and splutter so thinking it was fuel I by passed Haddenham and went the Esso garage at Thame. Having filled the car it wouldn't start. Cost me £180.00 to get back home on a beaver tail. Hey ho, looks like I'll be stripping out the ignition system before venturing out in it again. It's probably the coil.
Old 30 Dec 2023, 14:12 (Ref:4190253)   #1796
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well done, Robert. Thanks for this Touring. I appreciate it but can't say the same for some Zagato productions (Fulvia apart). Everybody has different tastes as they say.
Old 30 Dec 2023, 14:15 (Ref:4190254)   #1797
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's probably the coil.
Earlier this year, we discussed about your B and agreed upon the fact it can't be the coil. Electronic module?
Old 30 Dec 2023, 14:16 (Ref:4190255)   #1798
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Earlier this year, we discussed about your B and agreed upon the fact it can't be the coil. Electronic module?
It has traditional points and I replaced the condenser and points last year.
Old 30 Dec 2023, 14:34 (Ref:4190256)   #1799
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK, sorry, forgot about this. (https://www.distributordoctor.com/ https://www.h-h-ignitionsolutions.co.uk/)
Old 30 Dec 2023, 16:47 (Ref:4190269)   #1800
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Very nice.

I took the MG to Haddenham Classics today. It started to spit and splutter so thinking it was fuel I by passed Haddenham and went the Esso garage at Thame. Having filled the car it wouldn't start. Cost me £180.00 to get back home on a beaver tail. Hey ho, looks like I'll be stripping out the ignition system before venturing out in it again. It's probably the coil.
Poo.

I’ve lost count of number of times it must be the coil and it turns out to be something else. It’s never the coil

Fuel pump? Had that a few times. Ended up putting two in the racer!
Fuel filter? Although that would probably start after a rest, but die a bit later.

I’m sure you’ve been through all this and other random ignition wiring.

But no matter how recent it’s been refurbed I guess the dizzy. It’s a little expensive, but I love the 123 ignitions. Got one in the racer and recent fitted an XK one. It’s never run better.