Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Jan 2008, 03:41 (Ref:2112404)   #1826
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Graham Moore....His name seems familiar, but I just can't place him. Does he still race?
Gardner's first co-driver at the mountain, but I haven't heard anything since he was in a Super Tourer in the mid 90's.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 03:55 (Ref:2112405)   #1827
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great work anthony81901!

A couple of comments questions...

Graham Moore ran at Bathurst in 1992 with Wayne Gardner as co driver and on the strength of that drive Gardner picked up the HRT gig for 1993 (until Tom Walkinshaw told him candidly what he thought of him later in 1993!).

One of the Lansvale ex WGR Commodores went to the Sydney Star Truck and Bus team, to be driven by Grant Elliott in the Development Series, before it was sold to NZ. I had a feeling Richard Mork may have acquired the other shell at some stage.

The car that went to Forbes was sold to Phonsy Mullan, who also ran it a few times in the then Konica series. He may also have tried to qualify for a few main game races (back when you could do that sort of thing).

David Skillender had 2 Commodore VSs. The ex Trimble car was rebuilt and run by Tim Sipp at Bathurst one year but I think the car Dean Canto crashed at Bathurst in 1999 (and which was rebuilt in to the green machine raced by Wakefield a few times in 2001) was the ex Price Attack VR/VS.

I think Clive Wiseman owned the team Michael Donaher drove for. The ex Morris car was PE#021, the car Morris crashed before Bathurst 1994, and which was subsequently sold to Peter Field. It went to Tony Evangelou and I think Mal Rose now runs it as one of his hot lap cars. The Wiseman Ultratune team then had an ex Gibson ex Garry Rogers VS for a while before they acquired an ex Perkins VT (PE#031). This car appeared a bit later with Stephen White driving in a once off, in a team with Paul Romano. Does Bap own this car now?
Old 24 Jan 2008, 05:34 (Ref:2112418)   #1828
PE 030
Rookie

PE 030 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car that Phonsy Mullen had for a while is now owned by Tony Floriani who has raced in a couple of rounds of the Vic Sports Sedan Series.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 17:10 (Ref:2112738)   #1829
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From my records, the Skillender car raced in the 99 enduros by Canto & Wakefield was the ex Trimble car. This car didn’t reappear until 00 when Wakefield drove it at the Lakeside & Bathurst dev series races. The ex Heffernan car 1st raced at the Eastern Creek dev series race in 01 and after being driven by Wakefield throughout the series and at the Queensland 500 with Ryan McLeod, was driven by Tim Sipp & Shane Beikoff at Bathurst. Sipp then raced it at the dev series at Bathurst in 01.

Clive Wiseman did own the Ultra Tune team. Wiseman purchased the VS that had been driven by Garth Tander in 98 and Steven Richards in 97 for Garry Rogers, having previously been Mark Skaife’s 95 Gibson car.

The VT (PE032) was purchased from Perkins and debuted at the 00 Queensland 500. It last appeared at the Clipsal 500 in 02 with Stephen White driving. It was entered using the 2nd Romano franchise, but run by Wiseman. Both this and the Romano ex HRT car carried Ultra Tune sponsorship at this event, but I don’t think Bap ever owned it.

PE021 is a bit confusing. PE021 was built at the beginning of 94 for Paul Morris. It was badly damaged in a testing accident at Lakeside just before Bathurst. At the end of the year it received a new Perkins shell and became PE024, this was then sold to the Alcair team for 95, but kept the logbook from PE021. Then to complicate matters, after Donaher crashed the ex Schembri car at Bathurst in 97, it was reshelled with the shell that had been damaged at Lakeside, so not sure if should be referred to as PE021 or its Finnigan number?
Old 24 Jan 2008, 22:20 (Ref:2112929)   #1830
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From my recollection, the red car in '99 was the ex-Heffernan car. It was first raced by Wakefield/Canto at the QLD 500 before Bathurst, where it was shortened. Wakefield earlier in the year had driven for John Trimbole, Charles Ryman, and had a steer of a Gary Baxter owned white Commodore at Sandown.

For the start of the '00 Konica Series, Wakefield was abaord the rebuilt Mezera/Trimbole 'white' car, which went on to be raced by Beikoff/Sipp et al.

The 'green/gold' car which was debuted by Wakfield at Lakeside was the rebuilt ex-Heffernan car.

Which car did Skillender himself drive at the Mallala Development Series round one year, and what running gear wound up in the Skillender VH Commodore Improved Production car?
Old 25 Jan 2008, 03:41 (Ref:2113112)   #1831
Suttory
Racer

Australia
Too far away from a racetrack !
Suttory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The plot thickens! No wonder AMC couldn't definitavly identify what happened to the Percy/Grice 1991 Bathurst car. With all this re shelling buisness how canyou ever know which cars which. (Unless it has a defining feature, eg Lowndes/Murphy Bathurst 1996 Roll Cage design)

"You could call it Falcon Unbelievable!"
Old 25 Jan 2008, 11:55 (Ref:2113307)   #1832
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901
From my records, the Skillender car raced in the 99 enduros by Canto & Wakefield was the ex Trimble car. This car didn’t reappear until 00 when Wakefield drove it at the Lakeside & Bathurst dev series races. The ex Heffernan car 1st raced at the Eastern Creek dev series race in 01 and after being driven by Wakefield throughout the series and at the Queensland 500 with Ryan McLeod, was driven by Tim Sipp & Shane Beikoff at Bathurst. Sipp then raced it at the dev series at Bathurst in 01.

?
It was definitely the ex Heffernan car which went into the wall in 1999. It didn't reappear again until 2001 and hasn't been seen since.

Wakefield ran in the ex Trimble car in 2000 in the Konica series but did the Qld 500 and Bathurst that year with Ryan McLeod in the JFR ex HRT VS McLeod had raced that year, in Chiko roll colours. Tim Sipp and Shane Beikoff did Bathurst in the Graphic Skills car.

Where is the Ultrtune VT these days?
Old 27 Jan 2008, 01:36 (Ref:2114443)   #1833
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmookeyj033
Gardner's first co-driver at the mountain, but I haven't heard anything since he was in a Super Tourer in the mid 90's.
Graham Moore was a 30+ year veteran of Australian motorsport, a regular at the Mountain throughout the Group C era, he gave Dick Johnson his first Bathurst start in a Ford (having previously race Holden and Alfa Romeo) in 1976. Ran Commodores during Group A, organised the entry of WilliamsF1's touring car Renaults for Bathurst in 1997. His last regualr drive was in a Sentul sponsored Opel Vectra in the 1995 Super Touring series where he finished fifth in the series, best of the rest after the Morris BMWs and Jones Audis.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 03:11 (Ref:2114463)   #1834
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore
Graham Moore was a 30+ year veteran of Australian motorsport, a regular at the Mountain throughout the Group C era, he gave Dick Johnson his first Bathurst start in a Ford (having previously race Holden and Alfa Romeo) in 1976. Ran Commodores during Group A, organised the entry of WilliamsF1's touring car Renaults for Bathurst in 1997. His last regualr drive was in a Sentul sponsored Opel Vectra in the 1995 Super Touring series where he finished fifth in the series, best of the rest after the Morris BMWs and Jones Audis.
And tennis partner of Garry Wilkinson.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 08:59 (Ref:2114519)   #1835
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Moore raced often in Europe as did many other Aus drivers in the Group A era - the disinterest in Europe in the performances of V8 Supercar performances appears to have resulted in significantly less opportunities for Aus drivers on the international stage.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 23:53 (Ref:2115106)   #1836
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There might be some optimism in the price of This one

This one never ran here in Group A specs did it? Only KB's 2 litre car, and the one Mr Taylor once ran were the spec that were pukka local Group A cars??
Old 27 Jan 2008, 23:55 (Ref:2115107)   #1837
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How about This for a DJR fan's museum piece??
Old 28 Jan 2008, 00:09 (Ref:2115118)   #1838
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
[QUOTE=GTRMagic]There might be some optimism in the price of This one

Depends if the transporter is included. It seems to be so you get 2 bits of history...the ex Bill O'Brien VR/VS and the ex GRM Valvoline trailer.
Old 28 Jan 2008, 05:36 (Ref:2115239)   #1839
Suttory
Racer

Australia
Too far away from a racetrack !
Suttory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It comes with the transporter. Can anyone tell me what ever happened to Mark Larkhams first V8Supercar, Mitre 10 Falcon 1995, and what ever happened to the Dunstan/Harrington Quix Commdore from Bathurst 1993 ?

"You could call it Falcon Unbelievable!"
Old 28 Jan 2008, 08:13 (Ref:2115297)   #1840
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The bloke I know in Bathurst that has a car from Morky doesnt have the log book for it. It was sold to him as an ex hrt car, but word has it that it isnt an ex hrt but a chasis that Mork built, with some help. So that would probably make it Morky's first car, the v8racing.com car.

this same person has just bought another vs which i am trying to find out its origins. It has the "larry bar" roll cage and the last lot of sponsors on the car had Red Lion racing on it.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 28 Jan 2008, 08:18 (Ref:2115300)   #1841
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suttory
It comes with the transporter. Can anyone tell me what ever happened to Mark Larkhams first V8Supercar, Mitre 10 Falcon 1995, and what ever happened to the Dunstan/Harrington Quix Commdore from Bathurst 1993 ?
I think the Larkham car became the original Colourscan Falcon which was later pressed back into service after the replacement was destroyed in an infamous collision with Craig Lowndes at the Clipsal.
Old 28 Jan 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2115306)   #1842
PE 030
Rookie

PE 030 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suttory
The Quix car stll exists but currently in VS form.

A great car with good history given it was originally a Brock Mobil 1 VN Group A.
The current owner is currently toying with the idea of selling it.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 03:30 (Ref:2115995)   #1843
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama
The bloke I know in Bathurst that has a car from Morky doesnt have the log book for it. It was sold to him as an ex hrt car, but word has it that it isnt an ex hrt but a chasis that Mork built, with some help. So that would probably make it Morky's first car, the v8racing.com car.

this same person has just bought another vs which i am trying to find out its origins. It has the "larry bar" roll cage and the last lot of sponsors on the car had Red Lion racing on it.
That Mork v8racing.com car was recently owned by John Bourke. This chassis may have been built up from an ex Lansvale/Wayne Gardner chassis that I am sure Mork acquired at some stage.

The Red Lion car sounds like the VS run by Bruce Oaklands in the TCC, which was built originally by Mike Quinn ( I think) for Ron Searle in about 2000 or 2001.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 12:12 (Ref:2116225)   #1844
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The original Colurscan Falcon was the orginal Longhurst Falcon, run by Tony in 95 and Steve Ellery in 96. Was sold to Osborne at the end of 96 who raced it up until Waneroo 98.

At Hidden Valley he moved to the ex Larkham car until it was destroyed in an accident at the Clipsal 500 with Lowndes in 99, so the Longhurst car was wheeled back out until a new AU was debuted at Indy, the pig that Rodney Forbes would end up driving for Gibson Motorsport.

The Quix car was rebuilt by Perkins Engineering in 94 and sold to Phil Ward, who last raced it at the Adelaide GP in 95. He eventually sold it to Rod Salmon who ran it a few times in 99.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 07:36 (Ref:2116818)   #1845
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know the histroy of the ex Shell Helix Bowe car with the red roll cage in it?
Old 30 Jan 2008, 07:48 (Ref:2116821)   #1846
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was there ever a Shell Falcon with a red cage ? I cant recall one - all the shell fords had either yellow or later on, silver insides... a EB/F/L with a red cage... hmm.. a teaser !
Old 30 Jan 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2116833)   #1847
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
Yes! But not driven by Bowe.

The first AU built by DJR and debuted by Paul Radisich in 1999 (Bowe having left the team) was DJR AU#9. The interior and cage were yellow.

This car made its way to Ross Halliday and then to the HMS outfit, where Peter Gazzard ran it in the 2003 Konica series. At that time, the interior was resprayed red to match the exterior paint scheme.

The car was owned by Ross Tebbs (Sydney Star) and was run at Bathurst in 2004 by Garth Walden and Grant Elliott. It is now owned by Aaron McGill and was driven by him in last year's Fujitsu series.

Last seen for sale but hardly an original DJR weapon anymore!
Old 30 Jan 2008, 08:40 (Ref:2116840)   #1848
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60
Yes! But not driven by Bowe.

The first AU built by DJR and debuted by Paul Radisich in 1999 (Bowe having left the team) was DJR AU#9. The interior and cage were yellow.

This car made its way to Ross Halliday and then to the HMS outfit, where Peter Gazzard ran it in the 2003 Konica series. At that time, the interior was resprayed red to match the exterior paint scheme.

The car was owned by Ross Tebbs (Sydney Star) and was run at Bathurst in 2004 by Garth Walden and Grant Elliott. It is now owned by Aaron McGill and was driven by him in last year's Fujitsu series.

Last seen for sale but hardly an original DJR weapon anymore!
For sale again Here
Old 30 Jan 2008, 10:54 (Ref:2116943)   #1849
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry folks, I forgot to mention EL model. It does exist, I've seen it. It has a Shell Helix label on the floor near the pedal box with the number 18 on it. It is appropriately aged and looks to be the genuine item.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 13:44 (Ref:2117022)   #1850
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
Off the top of my head, I can't think of any ELs built with an original red cage..plenty of white, yellow and blue!

Maybe it's a respray??

Of the surviving DJR ELs, all have a yellow cage. One of the first EBs later went to Mike Conway with a white cage but it was written off