Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 1 Feb 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1215053)   #1826
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks guys

I had a great race (relatively speaking) Pirenzo you deffo got 3rd looking at the replay.

I didnt have to Shift R once which is amazing. Had a few offs but nothing too major. Also beat my PB by a few 10ths in the race so I am happy about that.

I lunched the start again as I was playing with my clutch ... oops.. But managed to stay out of the mess a few corners down the line! Congrate to Ayse winning the race and the season!

See you guys in season 4

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 00:09 (Ref:1215088)   #1827
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry I had to leave, but a girlfriend of mine was sending txt messages saying she was going to OD!
I just chucked it into the armco as it was quite difficult to phone her and drive fast...

I only just managed to talk it out of her head, thank god....

Hmmm, I think I'll be there next season...
Beter get practising then, cause I really need it...
Old 2 Feb 2005, 00:14 (Ref:1215091)   #1828
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, my race is resumed in very wise words: "Sod it!"

PS: Ayse, I'll send you my email address by PM tomorrow (or tonight )
Old 2 Feb 2005, 00:20 (Ref:1215094)   #1829
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
By the way, who was the guy that spun at the Lesmo's on lap 1?
Old 2 Feb 2005, 00:25 (Ref:1215096)   #1830
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Two people spun in front of me on lap 1, first a lotus, and then a ferrari.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 00:30 (Ref:1215100)   #1831
ASCII Man
Veteran

I was the Ferrari...
Old 2 Feb 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1215219)   #1832
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
I had a very bad start and Pirenzo didnt get away too well either but was ahead of me. Then ASCII and carsreunited spun infront of us. ASCII was then giving me quite a worry as he wasnt too far behind and catching for quite a few laps.

Last edited by Cougar21; 2 Feb 2005 at 07:49.

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 08:19 (Ref:1215249)   #1833
ASCII Man
Veteran

Oh, that was you?
Yeah, I can't say I wasn't trying to catch you, even though the setup I was on was absolutely terrible, never doing what I wanted to do... Snapping out here, understeer there... (standard setup... yuk...)
Hugging the barrier at Lesmo's didn't do much good on my steering either...

The gap stayed about the same at around 1 second for a few laps though before my mobile phone went off....

My best laptime was only something like between a low & mid 1m32...

It was nice while it lasted though!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 2 Feb 2005 at 08:24.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 08:29 (Ref:1215254)   #1834
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
carsreunited should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spin

Yes, one of my spins was on lap 1. I think my car has a sticking right front caliper! Its totally sporadic. Sometimes under hard braking in what I think is a straight line, it is suddenly drawn to the armco or kerb! Don't understand why!
Old 2 Feb 2005, 08:36 (Ref:1215258)   #1835
ASCII Man
Veteran

That is what they would probably call 'oversteer under braking", try a more neutral brake bias setting...
Old 2 Feb 2005, 09:06 (Ref:1215275)   #1836
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or carry some throttle.
Watch me crossing the line at the end of the replay, thats a nice demo of what happens when you hit the brakes with no throttle on a 49% BB
Old 2 Feb 2005, 09:49 (Ref:1215314)   #1837
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
I watched the replay on GPL TV last night as well! Gives a nice overall picture of whats happening (specially at nurby as well)

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1215326)   #1838
ASCII Man
Veteran

Could someone perhaps send me a replay?
Old 2 Feb 2005, 10:14 (Ref:1215333)   #1839
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
I believe Spudgun has it on the website already Scroll up or click here

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=1822

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1215385)   #1840
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayse, I had yet more technical troubles with my pc. GPL kept quitting to the desktop on the 2nd or 3 lap in practise. I got it fixed by another system restore, but by then it was too late.

Sounds like you all had a great race!!
Old 2 Feb 2005, 15:57 (Ref:1215631)   #1841
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
carsreunited should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noticed....

that you kept logging out during practice. I thought, "Thats confidence for you!"

Thanks for the brake bias tip. Was set at 53% BTW.

Scott

Last edited by carsreunited; 2 Feb 2005 at 15:57.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 16:20 (Ref:1215646)   #1842
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
You might want to try higher than that, say 55-56% while you're still learning
Old 2 Feb 2005, 16:33 (Ref:1215663)   #1843
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
My GPL did a screen freeze for about a second on the last lap that i did... First time that has happened. That made me spin... Come to think of it it myst of been at the same time that the race finished. Ill have a look at that.

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1215780)   #1844
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Fixed my PC, with nothing lost
Old 2 Feb 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1215810)   #1845
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done. I must admit that when I was trying to get the GTR demo to work, I kept having to switch my pc off - it made me cringe every time, but didn't seem to do the machine any great harm.......
Old 2 Feb 2005, 19:53 (Ref:1215824)   #1846
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
No, my brother does it all the time, sometimes just to shut it down at night . Sometimes you have no choice though.

But this time it did do something bad, so there's a warning to you

FWIW, all I had to do was stick the XP disk in the machine before powering on the PC, it booted off that. Then it prompted me to either install Windows or open the recovery console, I chose the latter. Once I got in there I followed instructions on the compaq website to run chkdsk's repair function, and it did that for an hour or so and then reported it had found and repaired errors. That seemed to do the trick.

Last edited by pirenzo; 2 Feb 2005 at 19:56.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1215829)   #1847
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Right, so Windows wouldn't boot normally then? Nasty. I must admit I preferred the old days when you could boot from a floppy bootdisk......
Old 3 Feb 2005, 09:22 (Ref:1216199)   #1848
ASCII Man
Veteran

Well, with XP you can still do that you know...
Old 3 Feb 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1216663)   #1849
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
If you have a boot disk...

I don't.
Old 5 Feb 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1218023)   #1850
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK then people, as there seems to have been little or no contention surrounding last Tuesday's final season 3 race, I thought I'd surprise everyone by posting the results and the final standings now (rather than in a couple of weeks time when I finally remember to....).

A few words of intro though. It was necessary for me to make decisions about one DNS and two DNFs. I have been perhaps a little generous to two drivers, Alex and ASCII and, you may think, a little less generous to another, Gil.

I have accepted Alex's DNS reason (as being similar to Albi), and have therefore placed him last in the results but have awarded points. It is unlikely, I suspect, that this sort of problem will result in such generosity next season!

As far as ASCII is concerned, I have again accepted his (somewhat unusual )reason for his disco as justifying his retention in the results and the award of points.

Unfortunately, just as I was back at Monaco in the early part of the season (and others have been sinmce then), Gil is rather hoist by his own petard - in other words his admission that he disco'd through sheer frustration, rather than other pressing reason. Null points on the TTFRL eurovisionometer, I'm afraid.

So.....

1st - Aysedasi - 10 points (+ 1 point for fastest lap)
2nd - Spudgun - 8 points
3rd - pirenzo - 6 points
4th - Cougar - 5 points
5th - Scott - 4 points
6th - ASCII - 3 points
7th - Alex - 2 points

Unplaced due to voluntary disco - Gil (but 1 point for pole position).

The final standings in Season 3 of the TTFRL are therefore as follows:-

1st - Aysedasi - 104 points
2nd - pirenzo - 86 points
3rd - Spudgun - 81 points
4th - Gil - 54 points
5th - Pete - 49 points
6th - Owen - 41 points
7th - Richard - 34 points
8th - Cougar - 23 points
9th - Muzza - 11 points
10th - Alex - 5 points
11th= - Tony - 4 points
11th= - Scott - 4 points
13th= - Down Force - 3 points
13th = ASCII - 3 points
15th - Dani - 1 point

Once again, many thanks to those who were able to turn out on Tuesday and throughout the season.