Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys crack me up Good to see we can laugh at the current situation
Old 20 Mar 2004, 20:33 (Ref:912702)   #177
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Testure! imho we have forgotten that racing is a sport that we should enjoy. Feelings of rage, jealousy, anger, betrayal are definitely not in my lexicon of fun.

If I want to experience some of the above feelings I could go into work or call my ex-wife to tell her I am getting married this fall.

By the way, the International Cabal is reviewing the aero package on the Lola and Reynard. Under the new rules they may be able to use Atticus' excess feathers to improve the turn-in. Because of the Cabal's connections with Bridgestone, the cars will feature racing rubber with Gangster Whitewalls.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 00:43 (Ref:913117)   #178
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which rap group is going to crew 'em?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 03:48 (Ref:913361)   #179
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
Dear Dov,

I can only comment that I heard the same from "the highest possible source".

Things are very, very difficult, and it would be foolish for anyone to celebrate, but I can ensure you that there is some people working extremely hard to make Champ Car happen.

Even if I do not agree with some of the decisions taken by the leaders of the series, I have to recognize that there has been a lot of work been done backstage.

Don't believe everything you hear or read, but the article published by the Journal de Montreal is very close to the "truth".

Muzza

Hey Muzzy,
I thought that "the highest possible source" told you that Gigante/Jourdain is going to be with RuSPORT - that's why you had Sklenka post that kaka ?!

zerO
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:27 (Ref:913772)   #180
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
zerO,

1.) Please read the threads before making incorrect associations.

2.) No, I did not hear from anyone that Jourdain and his sponsor Gigante would be with RuSPORT. Another member in this forum asked me if this would be feasible - and I commented on that. You seem to have a large capacity of distorting things, shaping words as they please you, don't you?

3.) Contrary to you, I usually mention the name of what I hear - bar when I am asked not to do it (you, zerO can mention "my imagination" as your source)

4.) Don Sklenka and I are friends, and I never discussed this Jourdain/RuSPORT connection.

5.) I suggest you to stick to your fantasy lists of drivers and teams, as that's the only thing you seem to be able to produce.

Muzza
Old 21 Mar 2004, 12:22 (Ref:913890)   #181
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the announcements Friday, that makes 13 cars and 11 drivers, with Jourdain pretty sure to land somewhere. The Coyne cars are going to be "pay" entries to the highest bidders, or they would've named drivers.

But quality rides for Jourdain and Carpentier aren't available. The second Herdez seat was the "best of the rest," so it'll be tough for those guys to swallow what they'll probably get.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 15:14 (Ref:913975)   #182
zerO
Veteran

zerO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
zerO,

1.) Please read the threads before making incorrect associations.

2.) No, I did not hear from anyone that Jourdain and his sponsor Gigante would be with RuSPORT. Another member in this forum asked me if this would be feasible - and I commented on that. You seem to have a large capacity of distorting things, shaping words as they please you, don't you?

3.) Contrary to you, I usually mention the name of what I hear - bar when I am asked not to do it (you, zerO can mention "my imagination" as your source)

4.) Don Sklenka and I are friends, and I never discussed this Jourdain/RuSPORT connection.

5.) I suggest you to stick to your fantasy lists of drivers and teams, as that's the only thing you seem to be able to produce.

Muzza

Trust me, I can "produce" much more - wait a few weeks 'til you'll see the "new look" ChampCarFan.com ?!

zerO
Old 23 Mar 2004, 00:36 (Ref:915893)   #183
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Champ Car team forming! UPDATE : AR1 has confirmed that the Reynard's in Forsythe's shop are for Hemelgarn who will field them out of his own shop. Look for an announcement in the near future. The cars are getting the latest Forsythe trick pieces before going to Hemelgarn. We are working on finding out which drivers he is talking to...
Old 23 Mar 2004, 00:48 (Ref:915904)   #184
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Betcha a buck I can name at least one of those drivers.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 00:58 (Ref:915909)   #185
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one more – sounds good and I hope it's thru: Forsythe decides to field 3 cars, including Carpentier! In an AutoRacing1.com exclusive, we have learned from Gerald Forsythe that Forsythe Racing has decided to field three cars for the 2004 season for Canadians Paul Tracy and Patrick Carpentier, and Mexican Rodolfo Lav*n. Expect an announcement from the team in a few days. The news will certainly be welcomed in Canada where everyone was upset that Carpentier was being cast aside. We also understand that the sponsorship picture is looking up. This news item is not on our rumors page for a reason...

and Hemelgarn: As for the driver, it's anyone's guess at this time, but one rumor is Jamie Melo...
Old 23 Mar 2004, 01:15 (Ref:915917)   #186
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
IMO, it's more like Forsythe was "forced" to run three cars through public opinion. May I quote, and add in my two cents?
"The news will certainly be welcomed in Canada where everyone" (including Molson) was upset that Carpentier was being cast aside."

Last edited by macdaddy; 23 Mar 2004 at 01:16.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 01:17 (Ref:915920)   #187
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Hemelgarn? Maybe Howdy Holmes is coming out of retirement!

Seriously, IF this happens I wonder if Forsythe was painted into a contractual corner with Patrick: all the "top rides" are gone, a lend-lease to IRL may have been unworkable/undesirable.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 01:21 (Ref:915922)   #188
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
The only "contractual corner" GF has is simply that Pat get paid a preset salary regardless.
ChampCar, in the meantime, has a vested interest in what Molson thinks about all of this.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 02:54 (Ref:915977)   #189
cartpix
Racer

cartpix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
The only "contractual corner" GF has is simply that Pat get paid a preset salary regardless.
ChampCar, in the meantime, has a vested interest in what Molson thinks about all of this.
Actually, Pat's contract also says he's to be in a competitive ride, along with his paycheck.

Jeff
Old 23 Mar 2004, 03:02 (Ref:915978)   #190
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
That post serves as alot of "food for thought", but I must ask how you could possibly know this? Last year, Tags would've gotten paid for watching the races on TV.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 03:06 (Ref:915981)   #191
cartpix
Racer

cartpix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was mentioned during the press conference, in Long Beach.

Jeff

Last edited by cartpix; 23 Mar 2004 at 03:06.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 03:10 (Ref:915988)   #192
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Thanks, Jeff. I just found it interesting. Last year at this time, Pat was given the boot and Tags was to partner PT. All of that changed with the drop of a hat. And so I found it hard to believe that Forsythe would hand Pat such a golden contract. If this is indeed the caae, then I give kudos to Carpentier's lawyers.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 17:02 (Ref:916719)   #193
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Just took a look at the schedule, as posted on CART.com.
There have been a few changes, nothing major. There are still 2 TBA's, one in September and another in November. But what I found at least a little bit interesting is that nowhere on the page is "LasVegas" found. (It used to be).

I'm assuming that the two TBA's are SouthAfrica and Vegas. But why would they run SA in September, and then not race again until Soeul on Oct.17?
Old 23 Mar 2004, 17:31 (Ref:916763)   #194
indycool
Veteran

That Vegas deal was last reported to be something around the Mandalay Bay. A friend of mine in Vegas looked at the site and emailed me that there just isn't room there and there isn't any "buzz" in town about it, nor has there been. Have a feeling that one's going quietly away.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 17:59 (Ref:916801)   #195
racinthestreets
Racer

racinthestreets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If not Vegas, then how about Fontana? Is that a dead deal with the owners of OWRS and California Speedway? I know of the lawsuit with CART, but this is CCWS and OWRS! The Speedway would be missing a good source of income if they choose to be obstinate. The crowds have steadily dwindled since 1999, but they still drew plenty of people.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:00 (Ref:916805)   #196
indycool
Veteran

Yeah, think Fontana's out, with all the entanglements.....
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:00 (Ref:916806)   #197
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
OWRS did not pick up the contract, and I think that one of the Tres Hombres made mention that Fontana was not in the cards.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:04 (Ref:916811)   #198
racinthestreets
Racer

racinthestreets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OWRS did not pick up the contract

My guess is that the Speedway wanted OWRS to assume CART's obligation from 2003. Time could heal this rift once the Speedway accepts it's losses and CCWS performs as expected. So, what is the TBA for November? Vegas is losing speed, the Speedway is out, is it Phoenix?:confused:
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:05 (Ref:916813)   #199
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
And what's the TBA in September? Vasser's comments today about SouthAfrica being "next year" have me wondering.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 18:12 (Ref:916820)   #200
FastCar5
Rookie

Canada
Toronto, Canada
FastCar5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
:confused: So is Hemelgarn, Racing with Reynards, in or out?

The boards and forums are conflicting on this one. (Like that is different from the norm!)