Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Who's going to win the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans?
Audi 49 28.99%
Porsche 23 13.61%
Toyota 94 55.62%
The others...! 3 1.78%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Jun 2014, 09:52 (Ref:3416110)   #176
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I think Joshua might take the honours - Google reckons it's 1,052 miles from Stornaway to Le Mans, while from Aalborg in Northern Denmark it's "just" 993.

Anyone from Shetland want to chuck their hat into the ring?

Not the truth. Via Michelin gives me 1261 km from the danish boarder to Le Mans. It will bee at least 300 ekstra from Aalborg.

Ups. Miles and KM does not go well together. :-)
Old 6 Jun 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3416248)   #177
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is seriously disturbing how many people are predicting a victory for the #8 Toyota in the other thread.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3416255)   #178
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why?
Old 6 Jun 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3416258)   #179
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Why?
Maybe it's classical conditioning. The mere mention of Le Mans victory stimulates a response to mention Audi #1 or Audi #2.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3416260)   #180
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post
I start my journey down the country for next week's 24 Hours of Le Mans tomorrow with a ferry going from Stornoway to Ullapool. Then a 7 hour drive to Warrington where we will stop for the night! After that it's another 4 hours to get to Portsmouth. Then I believe it's a 7 hour ferry to France. Finally it will be another 3 hours to get to my final destination.

I hope to see everyone at my first Le Mans! Hopefully first of many!
That is quite a journey!
I'll be setting off myself from Warrington, not until Tuesday though.
Have fun on the journey, and indeed at the race itself
Old 6 Jun 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3416263)   #181
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
It is seriously disturbing how many people are predicting a victory for the #8 Toyota in the other thread.
It shouldn't be. As far as we can tell, Toyota is the closest to having the "magic" combination of pace, economy and reliability. The #8 in particular has also had the edge over its sister car.

I don't see why it's so shocking that #8 is seen as the favourite to take victory.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3416268)   #182
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
That is quite a journey!
I'll be setting off myself from Warrington, not until Tuesday though.
Have fun on the journey, and indeed at the race itself
I think with it being my first time going. I want to try and be there for all of the week. Scutineering, Autograph sessions, Practice, Qualifying, Support races, Driver's Parade, Pitwalk and of course the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3416271)   #183
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
and the highlight of the week, the tentenths meet
Old 6 Jun 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3416273)   #184
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Maybe it's classical conditioning. The mere mention of Le Mans victory stimulates a response to mention Audi #1 or Audi #2.
You're clearly not a Bob Dylan fan.........
Old 6 Jun 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3416274)   #185
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I thought we were having cheese?
Old 6 Jun 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3416301)   #186
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
As long as none of those scummers from Ten-Hyphen-Tenths show up!
Old 6 Jun 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3416307)   #187
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
As long as none of those scummers from Ten-Hyphen-Tenths show up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE
Old 6 Jun 2014, 19:08 (Ref:3416312)   #188
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What did the Ten-Tenthers ever do for us, eh?
Old 6 Jun 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3416314)   #189
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Splitters!
Old 6 Jun 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3416333)   #190
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
and don't forget the forum
and the cheese
and the pit visit

but apart from that what did they ever do for us
Old 6 Jun 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3416344)   #191
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 20:25 (Ref:3416349)   #192
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

I guess at this point our French friends begin to wonder if we've been on the cheese and booze already.......
Old 6 Jun 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3416350)   #193
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think monty python was popular in france, but then so was the austin allegro
Old 6 Jun 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3416353)   #194
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think monty python was popular in france, but then so was the austin allegro
Wait a minute, my granny used to drive one over here in Holland!
Old 6 Jun 2014, 21:33 (Ref:3416370)   #195
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
RoeDent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a bit off topic, but I don't know where else to put this, so:

I need help getting to the 10Tenths IRC chat on Chatzilla. If someone could either PM me or reply here telling me how to access it, that'd be fantastic. I've tried twice through the IRC chat link above, but when I type messages there, they don't appear and the popup blocker comes in, for some strange reason. Thanks in advance.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 21:38 (Ref:3416371)   #196
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeDent View Post
This is a bit off topic, but I don't know where else to put this, so:

I need help getting to the 10Tenths IRC chat on Chatzilla. If someone could either PM me or reply here telling me how to access it, that'd be fantastic. I've tried twice through the IRC chat link above, but when I type messages there, they don't appear and the popup blocker comes in, for some strange reason. Thanks in advance.
Don't know about Chatzilla, but Mibbit works perfectly for me
http://tiny.cc/tenthschat
Old 6 Jun 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3416372)   #197
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Can the Chat link be edited into the first post?
The Chat is usually the preferred place to be under the 24 Hours
Old 6 Jun 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3416375)   #198
RoeDent
Racer

Wales
Wales
RoeDent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you very much.

To swing it back round, you guys really think this'll be Toyota's year? I've only ever known Audi dominance, and the 24 Hours is unique, even when grouped into a world championship.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 06:32 (Ref:3416449)   #199
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
For those in the UK Mobile 1 the grid is just starting it's preview of the race
Old 7 Jun 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3416733)   #200
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Okay so now that all of the GTEs have been granted extra five liters of fuel in the latest update in the constantly changing BoP, that means Aston has 100 liters compared to 95 of Porsches and 90 of Corvette and Ferrari... meaning that when Sam Collins reported during test day that Aston had said they couldn't possibly add any more capacity to their Vantage which was the reason they were frustrated -> utter BS politics lies. Either that or ACO have allowed them to have second tank in that garbage of a car for those extra liters