Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Mar 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2659151)   #176
RS500
Veteran

Australia
Australia
RS500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Thanks!
Are you insider?
Have been involved with it for a while, haven't been able to post any pics up of the renders.

these pics were released today
Old 24 Mar 2010, 11:20 (Ref:2659166)   #177
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
It's a small world.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2659724)   #178
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
According to AUTOSPORT,
The top speed of HSV at Suzuka was inferior compared with Nissan and Lexus.
HSV seems to have to improve aerodynamic.
SC430 258-260km/h
GT-R 255-258km/h
HSV 250-255km/h
Old 25 Mar 2010, 12:08 (Ref:2659768)   #179
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
There is no movie that doesn't violate copyright.

This is race digest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxbK1Vp0NzI
Thank you for the link!

Sure wish I could see it on TV here in Sweden; wonderful cars and good, hard racing.

Perhaps if Bjorn Wirdheim manages to win a race or two that some network here in Sweden will pick it up
Old 26 Mar 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2660307)   #180
ohmkung-ix
Rookie

Thailand
ohmkung-ix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to Japanese Samurai I have some question?

1. Why Hasemi Motorsport change Class compettion from GT500 to GT300 ?
2. What's happen HSV-010 crash?
3. What's happen Calsonic GT-R it's down?

Thankyou !
Old 26 Mar 2010, 11:17 (Ref:2660332)   #181
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
1)The budget cutback of Nissan is a reason.
GT500 class depends on support from the auto manufacturer.
In GT500, there are few team(ex. Kondo racing) that have managed the team only with sponsor money.
2)The width drawing by Ralph Firman is a cause.
First of all, it became three-wide of #8, #32, and #18 on the straight.
And, Firman did the width drawing without noticing there was #18 in the side of #32, and crashed into #32.
And, #8 and #18 crashed.
3)The breakdown of a new engine is a cause.
Old 26 Mar 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2660347)   #182
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
addition
Firman moved his's car sideways. and crashed.
Old 26 Mar 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2660349)   #183
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
HSV = Honda Sports Velocity
Got it.

Old 1 Apr 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2664742)   #184
2CL4SKL
Rookie

2CL4SKL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmm, i wonder why there isnt tv coverage outside Japan?..
Old 1 Apr 2010, 12:30 (Ref:2664786)   #185
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
According to AUTOSPORT,
JAF decided the negotiation for the union of technical regulations of SGT and DTM to begin.
They are aiming at regulated union in 2015.
Present regulations of SGT are applied until 2011.
It will aim at regulated union in 2015 because 2012 regulations are almost decided, too.
The proposal of regulated union by ITR is performed to Grand-Am, and there is a possibility that Grand-Am joins this negotiation, too.
Each race style of DTM and SGT doesn't change by uniting these technical regulations.
JAF also aims at holding the exchange race with DTM.
http://www1.as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=2&no=25909
Old 2 Apr 2010, 10:25 (Ref:2665332)   #186
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Okayama round Friday photos
Thunder Asia came to Japan!
http://car.nifty.com/cs/catalog/car_...02268898_2.htm
http://car.nifty.com/cs/catalog/car_...02268898_3.htm
Old 3 Apr 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2665978)   #188
BBSB
Racer

Spain
BBSB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone.

To watch SuperGT live online I found this site: http://www.livep2pstream.com/tv_chan...channels_j.php
This site has many channels including the Japanese J Sports channels where this series is broadcasted.
But I have a problem. I don't know how to unlock the stream If anyone figure it out please post.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 00:38 (Ref:2666206)   #189
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting. The Weider HSV again on pole, and the rest of the HSV's near the bottom.

Does Weider have a good driver lineup, better setup, more money or what?
Old 4 Apr 2010, 04:08 (Ref:2666237)   #190
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
Interesting. The Weider HSV again on pole, and the rest of the HSV's near the bottom.

Does Weider have a good driver lineup, better setup, more money or what?
ORECA picked Loic Duval to race their Peugeot 908 at Le Mans and Kogure is no slouch either. I think that helps. It is rather odd though, as all but one of the other HSVs is also on Bridgestone rubber so that should be equal - I think, anyway.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 07:26 (Ref:2666278)   #191
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As some of you will know, I am just beginning trying to get in to the commentary business.

I have recorded coverage of Super GT round 1 from Suzuka - feel free to grab it here:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0g1...uka_part_1.wav

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0g0...uka_part_2.wav

Word of warning - originally, I was going to dub it over the tv stream & share that, but my video editing skills made it look unwatchable; this means that the level of detail given is assuming that the audience can see what is going on.

Also, the quality is rough as a builer's backside.

both of these will be improved for round 2 (which I hope to record in time for next weekend).
Old 6 Apr 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2667620)   #193
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race digest video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhHuuT5zmVE
Old 6 Apr 2010, 23:13 (Ref:2667989)   #194
BBSB
Racer

Spain
BBSB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
As some of you will know, I am just beginning trying to get in to the commentary business.

I have recorded coverage of Super GT round 1 from Suzuka - feel free to grab it here:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0g1...uka_part_1.wav

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0g0...uka_part_2.wav

Word of warning - originally, I was going to dub it over the tv stream & share that, but my video editing skills made it look unwatchable; this means that the level of detail given is assuming that the audience can see what is going on.

Also, the quality is rough as a builer's backside.

both of these will be improved for round 2 (which I hope to record in time for next weekend).
Just wanted to say "thank you" for sharing your coverage for round1 of this great racing series. You did a great commentary job there. I am a big fan of Super GT but was never able to watch it on TV because unfortunately this is not broadcasted in the west. I hope next time you are able to add image/video to the recordings so we can actually see the action!
Again, thank you for sharing your efforts with us.
Old 11 Apr 2010, 01:46 (Ref:2670375)   #195
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
round 2 English language commentary now availible via
www.raceradio.webs.com

I am crap at video editing + I just don't have good enough equipment (I tried for round 1 and it was horrible).
Old 12 Apr 2010, 18:13 (Ref:2671563)   #196
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
AUTOSPORT reported the interview of Kunihiko Kakimoto about the regulation union problem of DTM and SGT.
JAF set up the working group that conferred on the union regulation proposal from ITR.
Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Subaru, four tire manufacturers, JAF and GTA participated in this working group.
They questioned on ITR and DMSB by the document.
There was the following answers from ITR and DMSB about this question.
(1)This proposal is to unite technological regulations of DTM and SGT. And, each race style is not united.
(2)AUDI and Mercedes have the intention to participate in SGT in 2012 or 2013.
BMW might also participate in SGT if this collaboration goes well.
(It is spot participation, and not a full season participation.)
And, they decided to cooperate aiming at the technical regulation union.
This mutual agreement is to unite technical regulations in 2015.
However, they want to unite regulations earlier.
In the Shanghai round of DTM, SGT machines plan demonstrate to run.
DTM cars are scheduled demonstrate to run in the Fuji Sprint cup(November 13,14) of SGT and Formula Nippon.
http://www1.as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=2&no=26157
Old 12 Apr 2010, 22:08 (Ref:2671679)   #197
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
(2)AUDI and Mercedes have the intention to participate in SGT in 2012 or 2013.
BMW might also participate in SGT if this collaboration goes well.
That makes a lot of sense as all 3 marques are popular sellers in Japan.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 00:10 (Ref:2671731)   #198
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Wonder which class? Theoretically all three could compete in either class.

Just imagine a GT300 class Audi R8 or Mercedes SLS....
Old 13 Apr 2010, 03:13 (Ref:2671768)   #199
The IC
Racer

Australia
The IC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Wouldnt that be the same as the FIA GT Ferraris, Porsches and Lambos already running in GT300? Put an air restrictor on and you're done...would save time and money instead of having to develop a special tube framed version

It would have been awesome if Audi, Merc and BMW had joined GT500 a few years ago when the cars were still different to each other
Old 13 Apr 2010, 04:26 (Ref:2671776)   #200
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Of course, DTM cars run GT500 class(with Performance tuning).
In a word, BMW might return to DTM if the regulation union goes well.