Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Jun 2023, 11:41 (Ref:4165831)   #176
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They have stated they'll still run Porsches in the stable so I would guess other series with GT3s. They race as a matter of business and more cars means more drivers paying in
Old 3 Jul 2023, 18:26 (Ref:4166581)   #177
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Add Lexus to the fold, as the RC-F will be able to contest the LMGT3 championship, for '24.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 18:42 (Ref:4166584)   #178
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Add Lexus to the fold, as the RC-F will be able to contest the LMGT3 championship, for '24.

The rumor mill indeed seems to be churning. High Profile GT3 team lining up for '24 RCF GT3 Evo Campaign?
Old 3 Jul 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4166586)   #179
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not surprised, I expected this would happen. I'm curious to know which team though. Emil Frey Racing perhaps? Since the article mentions a high-profile GT3 team working to join the World Championship. Thus, a team that's not currently in.

Emil Frey Racing tried to get the nod for Isotta Fraschini Hypercar entry according to an earlier DSC article, which might mean they want to step up to the world podium. Emil Frey Racing switched to the Ferrari earlier this year. But I don't see Ferrari going with them for LMGT3. Prior to Ferrari they ran Lamborghini. But again, I don't see Lamborghini going with them for LMGT3 either. Prior to Lamborghini, they ran Lexus.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 21:07 (Ref:4166595)   #180
Matador
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
I'm not surprised, I expected this would happen. I'm curious to know which team though. Emil Frey Racing perhaps? Since the article mentions a high-profile GT3 team working to join the World Championship. Thus, a team that's not currently in.

Emil Frey Racing tried to get the nod for Isotta Fraschini Hypercar entry according to an earlier DSC article, which might mean they want to step up to the world podium. Emil Frey Racing switched to the Ferrari earlier this year. But I don't see Ferrari going with them for LMGT3. Prior to Ferrari they ran Lamborghini. But again, I don't see Lamborghini going with them for LMGT3 either. Prior to Lamborghini, they ran Lexus.

Emil Frey wouldn't surprise me considering they have a history with the RC F. I really have no idea who else it may be though, looking forward to more DSC intel later this week.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 22:53 (Ref:4166758)   #181
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Are M-Sport going to be running Mustangs?

If mot maybe they will be the Lexus representatives?

Although they do prefer to be car builders above entrants.
Old 5 Jul 2023, 05:41 (Ref:4166771)   #182
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Are M-Sport going to be running Mustangs?

If mot maybe they will be the Lexus representatives?

Although they do prefer to be car builders above entrants.
They are building the Mustang engines. Don't think they will be running any cars.
Old 5 Jul 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4166832)   #183
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seeing an article today about Audi having 4 potential teams looking to them for LMGT3 entries, got me thinking how on earth they are going to fit everyone inside the 38 car capacity

HYPERCAR - 20 Cars (correct me if im wrong! And that’s before anyone else unexpected tries for a customer car)

2x Toyota
2x Ferrari
2x Peugeot
4x Porsche (factory 2x, Proton 1x, JOTA 1x)
1x Cadillac
2x BMW
2x Lamborghini
2x Alpine
1x Glickenhaus
1x Vanwall
1x Isotta

That leaves 18 cars left to hit capacity

2x BMW
2x Corvette
2x Ferrari
2x Lamborghini
2x Porsche
2x Lexus

12 cars from preferred the Hypercar OEM places (if the Lexus thing does indeed happen)

Leaving 6 cars split between the rest:

2x Ford (very likely given Fords Le Mans heritage)
2x Audi (4 teams interested)
2x Mercedes

38 it is….

That leaves Mclaren and Aston Martin on the outside… which I think would be the most likely result, I know Mclaren are keen but they aren’t Hypercar connected and dont have the clout with the ACO that Audi Ford, and Mercedes could muster
Old 5 Jul 2023, 15:09 (Ref:4166836)   #184
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
No way Audi is getting a GT entry.

I'd suspect the 'mystery' Lexus team to be a current WEC GT entrant (possibly a current Porsche team).

Let's see if Alpine is gonna launch a GT3 car soon - that would be a real curve ball!
Old 5 Jul 2023, 15:36 (Ref:4166840)   #185
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post

I'd suspect the 'mystery' Lexus team to be a current WEC GT entrant (possibly a current Porsche team).

Let's see if Alpine is gonna launch a GT3 car soon - that would be a real curve ball!
Alpine launching a GT3 is unlikely. To me the real curve ball would be some team going with the Nissan and FIA/ACO accepting it since Alpine and Nissan are part of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance.
Old 5 Jul 2023, 17:08 (Ref:4166860)   #186
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Seeing an article today about Audi having 4 potential teams looking to them for LMGT3 entries, got me thinking how on earth they are going to fit everyone inside the 38 car capacity

HYPERCAR - 20 Cars (correct me if im wrong! And that’s before anyone else unexpected tries for a customer car)

2x Toyota
2x Ferrari
2x Peugeot
4x Porsche (factory 2x, Proton 1x, JOTA 1x)
1x Cadillac
2x BMW
2x Lamborghini
2x Alpine
1x Glickenhaus
1x Vanwall
1x Isotta

That leaves 18 cars left to hit capacity

2x BMW
2x Corvette
2x Ferrari
2x Lamborghini
2x Porsche
2x Lexus

12 cars from preferred the Hypercar OEM places (if the Lexus thing does indeed happen)

Leaving 6 cars split between the rest:

2x Ford (very likely given Fords Le Mans heritage)
2x Audi (4 teams interested)
2x Mercedes

38 it is….

That leaves Mclaren and Aston Martin on the outside… which I think would be the most likely result, I know Mclaren are keen but they aren’t Hypercar connected and dont have the clout with the ACO that Audi Ford, and Mercedes could muster
The head of GM didn't sound like it was a certainty that the Corvettes will have a place, but I think she was being diplomatic and polite. They will be on the grid if they want to be.

I hadn't thought much about Lambo, have they made any public statements about entering GT next season?

I think Aston is pretty likely to be represented. Perhaps this is what is behind the hypercar resurrection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'm with you here, sure people want to run the cars but that isn't going to happen!
Old 5 Jul 2023, 17:36 (Ref:4166862)   #187
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

I hadn't thought much about Lambo, have they made any public statements about entering GT next season?
Surely they will be on the grid. The Prema LMP2s will be replaced by the Hypercars and the Iron Lynx/Iron Dames Porsches will be replaced by Huracans.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 11:09 (Ref:4166940)   #188
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Lamborghini will be on the grid.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...hini-in-lmgt3/
Old 6 Jul 2023, 12:00 (Ref:4166946)   #189
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im a bit of an idiot but does anyone know if ELMS will be going GT3 as well?

If so will the champions in GTD in IMSA, GT in ELMS and GT in ALMS be given a priority entry into the WEC IF they want to take it up? Im just thinking here that its almost certain we will end up with more people wanting to enter WEC GT3 than there are entries.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 12:58 (Ref:4166952)   #190
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Yes, GTE is done everywhere (bar certain C level series perhaps).

No, manufacturers will nominate the entrants but becoming champs in one of the non-WEC series will undoubtedly move the team up in the unofficial manufacturers rankings. Series winners will receive auto-invites to LM however (IMSA: best Bronze rated driver).
Old 7 Jul 2023, 14:51 (Ref:4167073)   #191
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Thanks, this sounds like a done deal.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 13:52 (Ref:4168238)   #192
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota Gazoo Racing are looking for a senior GT3 mechanic for a customer programme... https://www.motorsportjobs.com/en/jo...anic-m-f-d-gt3
Old 13 Jul 2023, 14:54 (Ref:4168245)   #193
Matador
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Toyota Gazoo Racing are looking for a senior GT3 mechanic for a customer programme... https://www.motorsportjobs.com/en/jo...anic-m-f-d-gt3

Few other listings as well for customer motorsport technical support and after sales support.

Audi Sport guys probably banging away at their keyboards and updating their CVs right now.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 15:03 (Ref:4168247)   #194
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-lmgt3-effort/

Optimum Motorsport trying to position themselves to be the McLaren team of choice - if they get selected.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 15:29 (Ref:4168252)   #195
Mike E
Veteran

Has anything been announced about LM auto invites for Asian and European LMS and IMSA? There must be teams and drivers who know they won't get a WEC place but could be eyeing a regional series in the hope of getting into the big race. But how many extra spaces will there be?

Only 15 or so LMP2 spots, and no G56 announced ,which leaves 47 Hypercar/GT3 places to fill...
Old 13 Jul 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4168256)   #196
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Has anything been announced about LM auto invites for Asian and European LMS and IMSA? There must be teams and drivers who know they won't get a WEC place but could be eyeing a regional series in the hope of getting into the big race. But how many extra spaces will there be?

Only 15 or so LMP2 spots, and no G56 announced ,which leaves 47 Hypercar/GT3 places to fill...
Based on the last 2 years, you could expect around 11-12 auto entries, with 6 of them being for LMP2 and 5 for GTs, so maybe 12-14 slots in all classes available after the auto-entries and WEC field are factored in.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 23:48 (Ref:4168314)   #197
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post

I've thought about that too, you can't really force GT drivers from the local series to jump in a GTP car so they'll have to open a few GT3 spots for those auto entry folks
Old 14 Jul 2023, 13:34 (Ref:4168369)   #198
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I've thought about that too, you can't really force GT drivers from the local series to jump in a GTP car so they'll have to open a few GT3 spots for those auto entry folks
Or they get rid of the auto entries?
Old 14 Jul 2023, 15:25 (Ref:4168382)   #199
Coach Ep
Veteran

No, but the P2 ones are obviously part of the 15 cars allotment.
Old 14 Jul 2023, 18:40 (Ref:4168429)   #200
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Or they get rid of the auto entries?
Well IMSA still talks about them for this season so you would assume the winners would enter 2024. Or buy a DeLorean