Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Nov 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3330390)   #176
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I tried squeezing under the railing at T34 for the first Thursday quali this year, it wasn't a comfortable experience and I just settled for shooting pics over the top of the railing.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3330413)   #177
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Drifting a bit aren't we?
Lesser-known viewing spots, and we're on the start/finish straight.
Not a lot of people know that
Old 12 Nov 2013, 15:53 (Ref:3330426)   #178
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Drifting a bit aren't we?
Lesser-known viewing spots, and we're on the start/finish straight.
Not a lot of people know that
Come on Christopher, we are talking about squeezing below the rail now, thats... Actually pretty well known, sorry
A picture I took this year, from squeezing :
Old 12 Nov 2013, 16:54 (Ref:3330460)   #179
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Those between railing shots from T34 are a favourite of mine. I've taken quite a view from there over the years.....
Old 13 Nov 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3330804)   #180
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry - one more newbie question. Are specific seats in grand stands reserved, or does a grand stand ticket only give you access to the grand stand and it's first come first serve in terms of seating? Thanks!
Old 13 Nov 2013, 12:27 (Ref:3330806)   #181
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
Sorry - one more newbie question. Are specific seats in grand stands reserved, or does a grand stand ticket only give you access to the grand stand and it's first come first serve in terms of seating? Thanks!
Reserved seats for most, if not all grandstands.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3330807)   #182
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You are allocated/sold a specific seat although this is really only important for the start of the race, at other times the GS's are sparcely populated getting slightly more popular at the end if you have a seat close to the start line.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3330824)   #183
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't forget you can also try out pretty much all the stands free of charge during the practice sessions and sit where you want. Your seat only becomes yours during the 24 hours.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3330884)   #184
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hmmm. The Audi Fan Area! I think that will be VERY popular next year. I ignored it last year, I assumed anything Audi was corporate Invitation Only!
THAT is first thing to tick this year, I think.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 16:37 (Ref:3330894)   #185
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Hmmm. The Audi Fan Area! I think that will be VERY popular next year. I ignored it last year, I assumed anything Audi was corporate Invitation Only!
If it will be there again
Old 13 Nov 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3330955)   #186
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
It was brilliant. I can't say what it was like during the really busy times, but on Wednesday during the first practice it was easy to get into (up to) and afforded a great view.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3330962)   #187
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Thanks for the answers!

Quote:
Tim, guess I will need to bring a change of clothes. Plan on wearing in my Porsche gear for most of the week :-) Will try to visit the Audi Fan area too!!
Old 14 Nov 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3331324)   #188
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
They seemed relaxed about folks touring the pit a year or two back with all sorts on, so you should be OK in a Porsche shirt.
Trousers, however...
Old 14 Nov 2013, 17:55 (Ref:3331364)   #189
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
not sure which pit visit it was but worn a pescarollo shirt on one
Old 21 Nov 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3334750)   #190
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Don't forget you can also try out pretty much all the stands free of charge during the practice sessions and sit where you want. Your seat only becomes yours during the 24 hours.
Last year as as I remember, GS were also free of charge during the race, only during start and finish I needed my ticket. It gave a better ambiance while many more fans sat on the GS at night
Old 21 Nov 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3334776)   #191
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The ticket collectors went away at night where we were, but came back the next morning and were around from the start for several hours.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3334825)   #192
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I must admit in the days when I used to wander in the grandstands area all night, I always saw the attendants in the grandstands during the race. These days we tend to leave for Arnage by about 2 am and don't get back to the stands until 10-ish on Sunday. But I wouldn't bank on being able to sneak into a grandstand without a ticket during the race. Worthwhile to use them during practice and qually though.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3334935)   #193
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
This year I also noticed that the Ticket controllers was away doing the night for all Grand Stands except the ACO members GS.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3334936)   #194
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was shattered but I don't remember there being anyone on Raccordement (Ford chicane) in the early hours.

They had a thorough ticket/token system in the daytime.

As Mathias says I think they are mostly all fair game at night.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 02:39 (Ref:3335033)   #195
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Thanks for all of the insight! Just placed an order for grandstand tickets. Thought it would be a good place to see the pre race ceremonies. Since I will be traveling from the States, ended up going with the TD Flexhotel. Interestingly, was initially going with a tent option at Porsche curves but TD was not ready to confirm as of November. Wondering if the delay has to do with potential changes to the circuit?
Old 22 Nov 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3335109)   #196
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Could well be......
Old 22 Nov 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3335175)   #197
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Although I think this picture shows a much too big run-off area, changes to the Porsche Curves will have influence on the Travel Destinations campsite. Just hope it's not a big one!

Old 22 Nov 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3335186)   #198
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
It will also mean that the viewing spot from the old karting pit will be gone.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3335187)   #199
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
The run-off extension shown at the start of the Porsche Curves seems far, far, FAR too exaggerated.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#...!2m1!1e3&fid=7

It would mean turning that whole area in the middle of the screen into a gravel trap, and that's clearly never going to happen.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3335189)   #200
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But I'm sure I saw on another thread a representation someone drew up (Simmi?) which suggested exactly that... Extreme, but......