Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Oct 2023, 09:25 (Ref:4183051)   #176
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With more new top class cars due in 2024, suspect tickets will again be in high demand.
Old 26 Oct 2023, 09:43 (Ref:4183052)   #177
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Since I've sent a deposit to TD I may buy a camping slot and depending on what TD does I can resell it later.
I have to try and get one for one of the guys who is with the group I used to go with. I think I have it covered elsewhere but I need to be sure. If I can snag him something, all well and good.
Old 26 Oct 2023, 09:47 (Ref:4183053)   #178
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Does force a decision if you want camping and GS as to what goes in basket first - ideally your group does a pincer movement to cover both asap.
I think people will be better organised than last year. I didn't have any issues, to be honest, but, like last year, I'm probably going to have to buy on two accounts, pretty much simultaneously.
Old 26 Oct 2023, 14:40 (Ref:4183098)   #179
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Interesting. That's how I read it too. The grandstand tickets seem to apply to the week (or the weekend only), rather than specifically for Saturday and Sunday as they have been - for quite a few years, anyway. I guess it's to make people buy GS tickets rather than think, well, I can get into the stands on Wednesday and Thursday for practice and qually for free. It'll be interesting to see how things actually work once the ticketing goes live. I fear there may yet be more 'surprises'.
Had another look and the note 10 info and Green ticks for GE from 12-14 June and ticks for Practice days GE does seem contradictory to the above.

Selling two types of GS tickets could lead to a real mess or half empty GS for qualifying practice. Did anyone ask them what they are up to?

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/ticket...tent=C_J-15_FR

doesn't seem to allow direct link access to tickets page?
Old 26 Oct 2023, 15:17 (Ref:4183099)   #180
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There's a page in between....

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/ticket...#ticket-offers

To be honest, I don't know. I intend to make the same purchase as usual anyway.
Old 27 Oct 2023, 19:09 (Ref:4183236)   #181
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I naive in thinking tickets should be relatively easy to get if you're a ACO member?

Ten years ago you could get GA, grandstand seats opposite the podium and a camping spot in February.

Not sure it's got that much more popular?
Old 27 Oct 2023, 19:35 (Ref:4183243)   #182
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You missed all the shenanigans last year then.....? It was a complete sell-out well before Christmas. Those who got in quick within an hour of ticketing opening mostly did OK. Those who waited, not so... A lot of people missed out on grandstands some of which sold out within the opening hour and when they opened camping ticketing a month later, having got rid of some of the favourite camping sites, there was a lot of unhappiness. The days of leaving your ticketing needs until February are (for the time being at least) a thing of the past, I'm afraid. If you plan to go, don't sit on your hands....
Old 28 Oct 2023, 08:51 (Ref:4183292)   #183
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It will all depend on the aco allocations to the various agencies i think. Certainly for those that have specific demans it will be very difficult. If the aco gives the agencies most of the prime camping spots and those agencies insist you purchase at least 2 ge tickets with each camping one then everyone will be trying for camping and ge/grandstand tickets on the 7th. If they get what they want then they can either cancel tickets ordered with agents or sell them i suspect the second option will be quite profitable
Old 28 Oct 2023, 09:44 (Ref:4183297)   #184
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That is a definite issue Simon. Because I am trying to negotiate tickets for my old pals (who want a camping ticket this year), I know for a fact that the agencies haven't a clue what their allocation will be. That does mean that people will be trying to cover themselves by buying (particularly) camping tickets that they may not need if their agency comes through for them. I suspect that there will again be a resale site which could be doing good business once tickets are sold out and the agencies get their allocations. The ACO won't be at all worried if the event sells out again - after all, that's the intention isn't it? How concerned are they are that loyal supporters over many years can no longer get what they need ?
Old 29 Oct 2023, 10:13 (Ref:4183502)   #185
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's interesting to read comments from previous Le Mans 'diehards' elsewhere. Up until last year I tended not to bother with CA or PH as both were pretty dead anyway, Le Mans-wise. Interestingly, with just over a week to go to members ticketing opening, they're dead again other than a few people bemoaning the way in which the ACO have turned against the loyal camping fraternity. There were a lot of comments in those places and elsewhere on social media after this years race by people saying they wouldn't go again (next year or even at all).
Old 29 Oct 2023, 11:05 (Ref:4183512)   #186
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
There were a lot of comments in those places and elsewhere on social media after this years race by people saying they wouldn't go again (next year or even at all).
I can understand it - feeling like you're owed something. However there are plenty of examples in sport of "legacy fans" (to use an ugly term), who have been happily cast aside in favour of new eyeballs and revenue streams.

To walk away at the start of a golden era does feel a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I hope everyone is able to get what they need.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 11:17 (Ref:4183513)   #187
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I definitely agree Rich. There is a strong feeling of 'entitlement' at both CA and PH amongst the older LM fans. As I said in one thread there, it does seem weird to make the decision to quit Le Mans right now after the best race for almost as long as I can remember. I'm sure the pages there will liven up a bit as we get to 7th November. I only go there as very occasionally there is a useful snippet of info that I can pass on here.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 17:50 (Ref:4183545)   #188
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It has been a bit sleepy on PH recently
Old 30 Oct 2023, 09:11 (Ref:4183652)   #189
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Still no info on camping, how late can they leave it?
Old 30 Oct 2023, 09:32 (Ref:4183654)   #190
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
7th November Sean.... I don't think anyone will know what's on offer until then. But I expect it to be the same as last year with all the best spots gone in minutes....
Old 30 Oct 2023, 13:00 (Ref:4183706)   #191
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
7th November Sean.... I don't think anyone will know what's on offer until then. But I expect it to be the same as last year with all the best spots gone in minutes....

The email said camping details would be available soon, so I expected them to be published before 7th. I will certainly be logging in early to try to get a better choice of camp site
Old 30 Oct 2023, 17:50 (Ref:4183743)   #192
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, they told us nothing at all this time last year... I'm not expecting anything much more this year.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 14:46 (Ref:4184179)   #193
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I've just received order form for the race. Camping prices for Tertre Rouge, Houx and Epinettes have risen from 105/125 (ACO/Non-ACO) to 147/175. GE and Grandstand combo ticket also on the up. Not a happy bunny.

Edit to say: Pricing list included in attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BON DE COMMANDE 24H 2024 - Split.pdf (583.7 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by vincegail; 3 Nov 2023 at 14:55.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 14:55 (Ref:4184180)   #194
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Tourist Office has sent out order form for the race. Camping prices for Tertre Rouge, Houx and Epinettes have risen from 105/125 (ACO/Non-ACO) to 175/147. GE and Grandstand combo ticket also on the up. Not a happy bunny.

Edit to say: Will try to split the pdf, and post all pricing here.
Supply and demand, innit …
Le Shuttle prices also seem to have shot up for next year.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 15:02 (Ref:4184182)   #195
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Well, my demand might lessen a bit this way. Thank you very much, ACO.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 17:21 (Ref:4184199)   #196
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yep massive increases but appear the fears that som sites would go have not materialised. Perhaps the higher prices and limit on camping tickets may help in the quest for tickets those of us that require certain sites.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 17:26 (Ref:4184200)   #197
claude2cv
Racer

No Garage Vert camping. A couple of new sites, but no indication where those are.
Old 3 Nov 2023, 18:34 (Ref:4184211)   #198
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just to check, if you have a camping ticket, how many people can you have on it? Is there a limit? I know everyone will need an entry ticket and I assume one ticket - one car. .
Old 3 Nov 2023, 18:48 (Ref:4184215)   #199
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well mut point as no limit. so van with 10 in or miniibus with 20 people towing caravan with another 20 people in it all require just one camping ticket. Motorbike's require 1 ticket unless they are inside or strapped to the vehicle. Just noticed that on the form i just sent back all sites say no electricity, strange as they have spent a fortune putting power points in some of the sites over the last few years. Last year some of the outfits that turned up grabbed several spaces just with the vehicles themselves. i complainted to the ACO about it but they choose to do nothing
Old 3 Nov 2023, 19:16 (Ref:4184219)   #200
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Simon.