Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Jan 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2618535)   #176
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly, ever since they shifted the date back after the first Classic in 2002 it's been impossible for me to go.......
Old 27 Jan 2010, 06:19 (Ref:2620125)   #177
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I realise this may be a bit late (seeing as tickets and campsites go very fast), but are there any particulars sites etc, that anyone would recommend for purchasing tickets/packages.

Thanks for any help
Old 27 Jan 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2620153)   #178
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
I realise this may be a bit late (seeing as tickets and campsites go very fast), but are there any particulars sites etc, that anyone would recommend for purchasing tickets/packages.

Thanks for any help
I always get mine through Just Tickets - you pay a premium but they have always got what I want without the agonising wait for the ACO letter!

http://www.justticketsandmotoring.co.uk/jtmindex.php
Old 27 Jan 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2620176)   #179
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Thanks for any help
Some agencies will still have camping tickets, but to be honest at this stage don't worry, watch the various web sites and E bay and you will pick up a camping ticket, Club Arnage are good for unwanted tickets and you will not pay over the odds, Race tickets are always available at the circuit so don't worry about them.

E bay can be expensive early on as touts try to make a profit, but closer to the race those people with genuine reasons to sell post hundreds of camping tickets on e bay and you will pay a lot less in late May/early June than they go for in April. You can also pick up returned camping tickets at the ACO when you arrive but it is pot luck, beausjour camping tickets are always available and it is perhaps best to get one now and then see if you can get a better site later on.

If you want a complete package tickets 2 u are still doing them as are some other agencies but you will pay well over the odds.

If you are looking to keep the costs down

Ferry/Tunnel should be no more than £80 per car, Beausjour camping from the ACO about £45 per car and race tickets euro 65 on the gate. Agencies will be charging £250 per person for the same tickets.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 09:07 (Ref:2620184)   #180
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Thanks for any help

Try www.speedchills.com too, they have quite a range of packages on offer.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2620313)   #181
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
E bay can be expensive early on as touts try to make a profit..........
For interest, I just did some searches (on ebay) for 2010 tickets to see what people were asking for them, but nothing, not a single ticket for sale on there at the moment.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2620338)   #182
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
For interest, I just did some searches (on ebay) for 2010 tickets to see what people were asking for them, but nothing, not a single ticket for sale on there at the moment.
There is one maison blanche on there 3 days to go current price £0.01 however I think that might go higher.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2620342)   #183
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
There is one maison blanche on there 3 days to go current price £0.01 however I think that might go higher.
Didn't show up earlier. Did you read the smallprint/description? Gives the reason there are no tickets for sale on there.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2620357)   #184
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Didn't show up earlier. Did you read the smallprint/description? Gives the reason there are no tickets for sale on there.
Looking at it he is a tout, trying to sell a camping plus to generals for a £130 plus profit, you can still get MB's from some agencies and last year very few MB camping tickets reached £200. Did not bother to read the guff just presummed no one had bothered to bid yet. Tickets will be sent out in a month or two and then e bay will be swamped as usual.

But if you think this is expensive Thomas cook are offering packages the prices make your eyes water, they make white rabbit and speed chilles look a real bargain.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2620591)   #185
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
The ridiculous prices operators like Thomas Cook get away with are justified, in no small part, by the myth that it's really difficult to organise a trip out.

Prior to biting the bullet in '07 we'd generally been put off by how difficult it looked. Thankfully things have changed, but to a large part that was down to a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth about how if you hadn't got absolutely everything sorted by the previous autumn then you'd be as well not bother - the more transparency there is about how feasible it is to decide to go really quite late the better.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2620603)   #186
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We're recommending agencies and so on, so to even things up a bit, I'm going to throw in 1st Tickets. Brian Sheehan has served me and many others very well over the last few years.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2620634)   #187
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
The ridiculous prices operators like Thomas Cook get away with are justified, in no small part, by the myth that it's really difficult to organise a trip out.

Prior to biting the bullet in '07 we'd generally been put off by how difficult it looked. Thankfully things have changed, but to a large part that was down to a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth about how if you hadn't got absolutely everything sorted by the previous autumn then you'd be as well not bother - the more transparency there is about how feasible it is to decide to go really quite late the better.
I feel it has more to do with the ACO wanting to deal with less individuals and more Agents, sanctioned or not.

We still have the choice at present to go it alone and DIY. However the Agencies are just catering for the masses who want convenience.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 00:20 (Ref:2620697)   #188
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
- the more transparency there is about how feasible it is to decide to go really quite late the better.
You're quite right, of course. Let's face it, from the UK, a party of four (with a car) could, right up to the last minute, take a ferry for £50-£100, buy a Beausejour camping pass on arrival at 49 Euros and general entry tickets for 65 Euros each and 'do' Le Mans for £100 per person plus petrol and supplies. Bargain, and little or no planning needed.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2620835)   #189
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Some agencies do a very good job and other organisers like White rabbit/Team languistine were formed by Le mans regulars to help people, I would recommend using them to start with and once you knoww the ropes DIY it.

Nadine at the tourist office is always helpful and even the ACO if you get the right person are good, as always the only problem is camping but the volume of camping spaces is now so great that you can always get something perhaps not always your first choice but even they are usually available if you look in the right places and are prepared to sometimes pay a little extra.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 14:43 (Ref:2621042)   #190
Mike Sweeney
Rookie

Mike Sweeney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi chaps - quick question for those of you in the know - a couple of friends have asked me if I know a good camping pitch at LM for them (they both have small-ish camping cars) but having never had the need yet, I wouldn't have a clue.

They'd need to be in the main circuit and be able to reach the paddock etc. Any suggestions? Apologies if this is OT, did have a quick glance but couldn't find a dedicated thread for recommended camping areas.

Cheers.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2621057)   #191
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sweeney View Post
Hi chaps - quick question for those of you in the know - a couple of friends have asked me if I know a good camping pitch at LM for them (they both have small-ish camping cars) but having never had the need yet, I wouldn't have a clue.

They'd need to be in the main circuit and be able to reach the paddock etc. Any suggestions? Apologies if this is OT, did have a quick glance but couldn't find a dedicated thread for recommended camping areas.

Cheers.
There are dedicated camping area's for camper vans (larger plots) but most of the sites do admit them, Why do they need to be need the paddock?, if they are linked to one of the support races they can usually get camping through them.

If they want to be close to the main paddock to save walking then Houx is the best bet for them, it also has electric sockets, tickets are hard to get but if you are prepared to pay then E bay will have several of then before to long.

Most agencies will still have tickets to the cheaper campsites but be prepared to walk.

prices for campsites (see ACO) are best indication of quality/closeness to action

Last edited by GT6; 28 Jan 2010 at 14:58. Reason: adding bit
Old 28 Jan 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2621121)   #192
Mike Sweeney
Rookie

Mike Sweeney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There are dedicated camping area's for camper vans (larger plots) but most of the sites do admit them, Why do they need to be need the paddock?, if they are linked to one of the support races they can usually get camping through them.

If they want to be close to the main paddock to save walking then Houx is the best bet for them, it also has electric sockets, tickets are hard to get but if you are prepared to pay then E bay will have several of then before to long.

Most agencies will still have tickets to the cheaper campsites but be prepared to walk.

prices for campsites (see ACO) are best indication of quality/closeness to action
Thanks for the info - I was thinking about the proximity as they're sure to want to visit the shopping village/maybe the paddock area too, and certainly one of them isn't a spring chicken...so to speak

I'll mention the ebay thing and have already suggested the ACO website - that'll do for starters. Thanks again.

Cheers
Old 28 Jan 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2621178)   #193
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Mike, there are a number of us regular Le Mans goers who probably no longer count ourselves in the 'spring chicken' category. There is likely to be a bit of walking involved for anyone attending - if they want to experience some of the best that Le Mans has to offer. Frankly, that isn't really likely to be what we still rather romantically call the 'Village', as that's now mainly a sanitised F1-style shopping parade* - but there are plenty of other areas that are worth a look.....

(*of course - of more importance is the fact that the Ten Tenths tree is very close to those shops...... ).
Old 28 Jan 2010, 21:21 (Ref:2621301)   #194
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My tickets arrived this morning so excitement for 2010 has finally grabbed me.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2621313)   #195
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Makes it kinda real all of a sudden, doesn't it?!
Old 29 Jan 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2621870)   #196
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar View Post
My tickets arrived this morning so excitement for 2010 has finally grabbed me.
ALLready?! Wow,that is early. I´ve never seen any tickets ´till a month before,ordered at the ACO´s or any ticket agency.
Old 29 Jan 2010, 22:28 (Ref:2622014)   #197
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Makes it kinda real all of a sudden, doesn't it?!
Certainly does. It always feels like something will go wrong until I've got them in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
ALLready?! Wow,that is early. I´ve never seen any tickets ´till a month before,ordered at the ACO´s or any ticket agency.
Surprised me when they turned up on the UPS van to be honest. It's the first time I've ordered from the ACO and didn't expect them for another couple of months at the earliest.
Old 30 Jan 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2622234)   #198
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's certainly a new one on me - Le Mans tickets in January! Heralding a new level of efficiency from the ACO perhaps.......
Old 31 Jan 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2622881)   #199
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's certainly a new one on me - Le Mans tickets in January! Heralding a new level of efficiency from the ACO perhaps.......

Efficiency and the french
Old 5 Feb 2010, 10:08 (Ref:2627129)   #200
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
My tickets arrived yesterday, thank you ACO for giving me front seat tickets on T34!!!
Won't be hard this year to make pitstop pictures as there will be nobody in front.