Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 31 May 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2472980)   #176
gerritvdh
Rookie

gerritvdh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look at the lefthander website and you wil see how cheap the parts are .These cars are cheaper to run than a national hotrod
Old 1 Jun 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2473173)   #177
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerritvdh View Post
Look at the lefthander website and you wil see how cheap the parts are .These cars are cheaper to run than a national hotrod

OK, but to the casual viewer, just getting in to it for the first time, then that doesn't mean much & I wouldn't ebven know what "lefthander" was, let alone look for the website. You have to help newcomers out in order to help build a following. If the comentator could day something like "that looks like a £2k or 5K accident" or " that looks bad but he'll be back out for the next race" etc etc that would all help put in to context.

I also think it should be explained whether contact is allowed or not, encouraged or just accepted as part of the racing!

I also think that the differences/ similarities between this and Hot Rods or even NASCAR should be explained. And finally, I think that it should be explained what a drivers progression is into these cars - do they start in Hot Rods & move up or what? How do you get to be a Late Model driver, what experience is needed? etc etc.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2473243)   #178
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
http://www.lefthanderchassis.com
http://www.howeracing.com

Why are there huge gaps between the cars at (re)starts?
Old 1 Jun 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2473455)   #179
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no idea whether this represents a good deal or not, but if you could get all of these cars out it would add massively to the spectacle http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...equipment.html

By my reckoning thats about £16K per car. Whose gonna take the plunge, then??
Old 1 Jun 2009, 15:50 (Ref:2473460)   #180
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Cool - they come with Scalextrics too

Seriously though - that does look like incredibly good value for what you're getting. (assuming you have that sort of cash available)
Old 1 Jun 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2473530)   #181
Duane
Rookie

Duane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not only is it very reasonable to race in the late model series you get practice most of the day saturday and can even get time on Friday (a far cry from the 20 mins practice we got on british tracks last year) tyres are 105 euro each and seem to be everlasting plus ive never used so little fuel of a race weekend............. then there's the beers of an evening.

as i represent ASCAR i can point you the way of a number of cars for sale from £7500 - £12,500, we have ownership of the chassis jig and body moulds to help keep damage costs down, gone are the days of this sport costing an arm and a leg to compete for a CAMSO or an ASCAR

PM me if seriously interested in buying an ASCAR and testing in one of our Revolution racing cars is availible too.

our web site www.revolutionracing.co.uk is currently being rebuilt and a testing page should be up after the weekend.

Duane
Old 1 Jun 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2473539)   #182
Tractorboy.
Rookie

England
The capital of Suffolk
Tractorboy. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You need very little experience too, i have no racing license and have only raced the odd go kart and done the Stowe circuit in a formula ford, the Camso boys are very eager to help new drivers and will be more than willing to get you into the race school they have there before a race to get you up to speed. they have a white line rule it does work and is a god send!! i didn't do the best in the 2 meetings i have done and have had the experiene of meeting the wall but after a race you get out with the biggest of smiles ever!! As for damage yep theres some but its mainly tyre rubs and the odd bumper and bonnet getting some stick!!
i can't wait for Lydden Hill anyone out there wanting to have a go just try it if its not for you at least you've had a go! Theres plenty of cars out there to rent and buy and i'm sure Duane and Tony Roots will help no end to get you out.

roll on the 27th june

Tractor.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2473540)   #183
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fire, we start in a grading system. As the Howe cars are new to Warneton, they are the equivalent to "White roofs" in a domestic Stock car formula. You will see the gap to the lead group closed up or drivers moved to different groups as the season progresses.

Andy, although I assume everyone knows that contact is not allowed in this kind of racing, maybe you are right and it should be pointed out. I don't think the pricing of accidents is necessary, you can see if a car gets out for the next race. It almost always does.

I also don't think the similarities between NASCAR or NHR needs pointing out. We are neither.

You are quite right about the getting involved bit, it was covered in the first episode but there would be no harm in covering it again.

There is no competition between CAMSO and ASCAR and now Tony has won a race will will move towards the cars not being referred to as ASCARs or CAMSOs, they are all just Late Models.

I also totally take on board what you say about the racing being hard to follow, I did too and knew the results! We are working on putting that right as soon as we can.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2473541)   #184
Tractorboy.
Rookie

England
The capital of Suffolk
And i wanna put a picture up how do i do it?? I'm new to this forum!!!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2473558)   #185
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractorboy. View Post
And i wanna put a picture up how do i do it?? I'm new to this forum!!!
1. Upload the photo to a site like tinypic.com (or is the photo already stored online?).
2. Put the link to the photo between: [img]link to photo[/img] tags.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2473562)   #186
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin88 View Post
Fire, we start in a grading system. As the Howe cars are new to Warneton, they are the equivalent to "White roofs" in a domestic Stock car formula. You will see the gap to the lead group closed up or drivers moved to different groups as the season progresses.
Thx
Old 2 Jun 2009, 08:01 (Ref:2473854)   #187
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:

Andy, although I assume everyone knows that contact is not allowed in this kind of racing, maybe you are right and it should be pointed out. I don't think the pricing of accidents is necessary, you can see if a car gets out for the next race. It almost always does.

I also don't think the similarities between NASCAR or NHR needs pointing out. We are neither.

You are quite right about the getting involved bit, it was covered in the first episode but there would be no harm in covering it again.

There is no competition between CAMSO and ASCAR and now Tony has won a race will will move towards the cars not being referred to as ASCARs or CAMSOs, they are all just Late Models.

I also totally take on board what you say about the racing being hard to follow, I did too and knew the results! We are working on putting that right as soon as we can.
Thanks Kelvin, I didn't see the first episode so didn't get the intro! Plenty of people will find this for the first time as the year goes on & so there needs to be a way of "introducing" the series regularly and yet not alienating the enthusiasts with bsasic stuff!

I think that the gaps in the start & te grading system need to be explained; I too thought "why haven't they closed up?"

I think that a lot of casual (and not so casual) ish motorsport fans will be familiar with NASCAR & maybe even NHR so I do think that the similarities and differences do need to be pointed out. To the uninitiated, like me, its "just" oval racing, and the cars look like NASCARS so what about it is better/ different etc. There are also plenty of afficianados of both other codes who could be attracted to Late Models.

I was using the pricing thing just as an example of ways of putting damage into context, but even if the commentator said something along the lines of "that looks bad but I have no doubt it'll be repaired in time for the next race" it would help us see that the damage can be less bad than it looks.

That's my twopennyworth, for what its worth. Good luck.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 14:28 (Ref:2474052)   #188
Tractorboy.
Rookie

England
The capital of Suffolk
Most times if the fronts had some stick or the rear its a case of pop rivets and alloy strips!! in severe cases that Kelvin had a dam load of duck tape is needed!!!! and a french man whos very handy with a spray gun to hide my damage!!

I want to put a profile picture up not a link to pictures i worded it wrong, how do i put a profile pic on. I'm useless withcomputers so go slow and explain cheers!!!
Old 2 Jun 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2474099)   #189
gerritvdh
Rookie

gerritvdh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you wanna show your face on this forum tractorboy
Old 2 Jun 2009, 16:15 (Ref:2474117)   #190
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
All good points Andy. I shall see what I can do. Please don't put your face up Tractor, some people read this whilst eating!
Old 2 Jun 2009, 17:34 (Ref:2474157)   #191
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IIRC - Tractor can't have a picture of a Massey Ferguson up until he's posted a certain amount of massages - or he subscribes (pays money ! shock ! horror !)

I agree with you Kelvyn - there is no CAMSO, there is no longer ASCAR, only Late Models.

I had a look on Chas Howe's site (Howeracing) and they also have a number of 'true' Late Model chassis & body options available now. The old ASA/ASCAR/SASCAR chassis, is available for Late Model use, but the recommendation is to go for an offset chassis for short circuits, plus the pukka offset chassis has a lower roof height, and a wider track, so it should be ultimately faster.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 20:32 (Ref:2474292)   #192
Duane
Rookie

they are still Camso and Ascar as far as im concerned, until we come up with a hybrid of the two cars that can run on all tracks, Warnerton, Venray, Lydden, Mallory, Rockingham, Ipswich, Hendersford, Lausitz...ect ect, we have the cahssis jig and body moulds why on earth would we want to re invent the wheel Rob, doh
Old 3 Jun 2009, 00:01 (Ref:2474383)   #193
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
Quote:
Originally Posted by R59 View Post
I had a look on Chas Howe's site (Howeracing) and they also have a number of 'true' Late Model chassis & body options available now. The old ASA/ASCAR/SASCAR chassis, is available for Late Model use, but the recommendation is to go for an offset chassis for short circuits, plus the pukka offset chassis has a lower roof height, and a wider track, so it should be ultimately faster.
The lower roof height allows more air on the rear foil and will be combated by restricting the foil height on the off-set chassis. The track can also be dealt with by wheel off-set. Duane is on his own with his CAMSO/ASCAR thing, The European Late Model Series recognises any American stock car with a wheelbase of 104-105 inches. If you wish to approve a Howe Off-set or a Port City or whatever, it's an email away.
Old 3 Jun 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2474660)   #194
Duane
Rookie

Hey its ok Kelvin, its not that i need to be on my own with anything, you may say yours is a lefthander but our chassis states ASCAR, thats all and we run in the Europen late model series which as you well know im very happy to be part of with you guy's
Old 4 Jun 2009, 14:50 (Ref:2475366)   #195
Tractorboy.
Rookie

England
The capital of Suffolk
Anyways, whos looking forward to Lydden??!! i personally can't wait. And then over the pond to Belgium the next day!!! rob i hope you can get the yellow peril out soon mate.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 13:36 (Ref:2475966)   #196
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
The lower roof height allows more air on the rear foil and will be combated by restricting the foil height on the off-set chassis. The track can also be dealt with by wheel off-set. Duane is on his own with his CAMSO/ASCAR thing, The European Late Model Series recognises any American stock car with a wheelbase of 104-105 inches. If you wish to approve a Howe Off-set or a Port City or whatever, it's an email away.
From the left field......could someone ask to run a EuroCar V8 car? There are several for sale relatively cheap.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 13:42 (Ref:2475969)   #197
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Oh & what about feeder (or support) series? Is there any intention to link up with the UKs Pick Up Truck series or re-establish something like the EuroCar V6 series in order to give people lower powered initial experience before unleashing them in to the LMSC?

It might be useful to be able to offer a promoter a "package".
Old 5 Jun 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2476046)   #198
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im with you on the eurocar v8 idea Andy, if they can be balanced with the other two models then why not?
Thought i saw a least 3 for sale on a website the other day ex team Brask cars.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2476085)   #199
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Oh & what about feeder (or support) series? Is there any intention to link up with the UKs Pick Up Truck series or re-establish something like the EuroCar V6 series in order to give people lower powered initial experience before unleashing them in to the LMSC?

It might be useful to be able to offer a promoter a "package".
Pickups and Legends?

Did the Pickups ever race at Warneton?
Old 5 Jun 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2476123)   #200
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
im with you on the eurocar v8 idea Andy, if they can be balanced with the other two models then why not?
Thought i saw a least 3 for sale on a website the other day ex team Brask cars.

Yeah, I've seen the same cars & a freind of mine has one with a Mercedes type front end that he's rebuilding.