Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Apr 2013, 19:23 (Ref:3232661)   #176
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saw this on Autoweek.com:

On Youtube--an episode of Clash Of The Titans, a BBC documentary recounting the 1976 Formula 1 World Championship and the clash between James Hunt and Niki Lauda for the title.

Clash of the Titans - Lauda vs. Hunt
Old 11 Apr 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3232738)   #177
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another Rush trailer was just released. This one is the official US trailer. And now we know: this picture has been rated R!

And it's different from the Euro trailer. I think it's designed to appeal to women more than the Euro trailer. "Talk to me James."

Rush - Official Trailer #2 (HD) Chris Hemsworth, Olivia Wilde

Last edited by BobHWS; 11 Apr 2013 at 23:52.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 23:52 (Ref:3232742)   #178
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
That second trailer is far, far better. We just might. We might have a bit of a gem on our hands.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 01:36 (Ref:3232758)   #179
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes indeed !
Old 12 Apr 2013, 02:26 (Ref:3232769)   #180
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah it does look very good. However I did see the stereotypical shot of the foot pushing the throttle to the floor shot in that trailer.

I'm just surprised this story ever made it to the big screen. I'm also surprised all this happened nearly 40 years ago!
Old 12 Apr 2013, 03:43 (Ref:3232784)   #181
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2nd trailer much better, it should be good I'm looking forward to it.
But we're all experts on here so it will get picked to bits for not being 100% correct.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 04:09 (Ref:3232790)   #182
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amazing Trailer.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 08:55 (Ref:3232850)   #183
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, that's put a grin on my face.

Although as my other half often points out, trailers that good have often plundered all the good bits of the film in one go. I hope that's not the case here!
Old 12 Apr 2013, 09:14 (Ref:3232854)   #184
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Anyone know what happened to Suzy Miller?
Still hot........

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20027680@N05/4401209111/
Old 12 Apr 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3232937)   #185
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Yeah it does look very good. However I did see the stereotypical shot of the foot pushing the throttle to the floor shot in that trailer.

I'm just surprised this story ever made it to the big screen. I'm also surprised all this happened nearly 40 years ago!
It was nearly 40 years and I remember it well. It had all the ingredients for a dramatic season. Hunt's disqualification at Spain and his subsequent reinstatement, all be it two months later and then being disqualified at the British GP at Brands, which I went to. That race itself was incident filled, with the pile up at the start on Paddock. Then of course there's Lauda's near fatal crash and return, only to lose the WDC by one point and Tyrrell introduced the P34.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3233095)   #186
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
There's more stuff now on the official Web site:

Rush Web Site

For example, there's a copy of a Q&A session via Twitter with director Ron Howard.

RON HOWARD ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS VIA TWITTER.

celine @quorras How much preparation did Chris and Daniel have to do for their roles as Lauda and Hunt?

Ron Howard @RealRonHoward
Tons. Accents, reading, viewing interviews and races and learning to drive F1s. Guys wrked their asses off...

Last edited by BobHWS; 12 Apr 2013 at 19:26.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3234788)   #187
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
Ron Howard talks to CAR magazine about Rush. I think this interview is older than last week, but that's the date on it.

CAR Blogs
Ron Howard talks to CAR about his F1 race movie: 'RUSH'
By Greg Fountain
Motorsport
08 April 2013 14:30

‘I love the metaphor of sport in terms of rivalry and character,’ he says. ‘I love sport – not F1 particularly, although I’d heard of it and seen it. But George Lucas is a huge fan and he got me interested. I’m no expert, but I know more about F1 than I knew about the space programme before Apollo 13. And the same with firefighters for Backdraft. I have a genuine but casual interest...’

‘I came to this project through screenwriter Peter Morgan. I worked with him on Frost/Nixon and he said he’d found another great story. It’s about the nature of rivalry. I think it will be very cinematic, very fresh for audiences.

...it’s not a literal story, we’re not making a documentary. It takes inspiration from the rivalry. It gives a broad overview of racing in the '70s, but it’s more than a racing movie...

‘It’s a challenge to shoot race scenes but that’s the ying and yang – the attraction and the headache. We’ll be using every contemporary cinematic tool at our disposal to make the audience think they’re actually there. But we’re doing more in the camera – even the SFX people want as much analogue source material to work with as possible...
Old 20 Apr 2013, 03:08 (Ref:3236901)   #188
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
Here's another good documentary about Hunt (and Barry Sheene) that I came across on YouTube. After watching this 2010 ITV documentary, I am even more convinced that Ron Howard picked the right story for his movie about F1.

Barry Sheene & James Hunt - When Playboys Ruled the World

Old 24 Apr 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3238892)   #189
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
More comments from director Ron Howard in an article in Entertainment Weekly, plus an image of the first poster for the movie.

Ron Howard: 'Rush' revved up NASA memories, 'Backdraft' fears -- EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK
by Geoff Boucher
ew.com
April 23

“People ask what has Rush been like and I say from a filmmaking standpoint it’s been kind of like a cross between Apollo 13 and Backdraft...In the case of Apollo 13, that’s for the complexity and the authenticity and the intent to capture an era and an endeavor that blends technology, action and danger...”

“But, then speaking of danger, it reminds me of Backdraft because those fires scared me and so did shooting racing action in this film. I was happy when we wrapped Backdraft and frankly it was the same reaction this time. The relief of it, I was just as happy when we wrapped Rush...”

“Folks from the era are fond of saying of the 1970s F1 racing that’s it time when when sex was safe and driving was dangerous. That’s the way they lived. These folks aren’t forthcoming with a lot of details but there are a lot of winks and nods. I really did sort of fall in love with the sport. I love teams but yet the drivers are really unique talents and fascinating personalities, which is why I was involved in the story that [Frost/Nixon screenwriter] Peter Morgan wrote these characters brilliantly and there’s great acting opportunities blended with this cool, visceral action. I also loved the blend of teamwork and the state-of-the-art technology and, throughout, the wall-to-wall aggressive action.”

Old 8 May 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3244480)   #190
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
From an interview with the co-producers of Rush, Nigel Sinclair and Guy East:

Exclusive Media Co-Chairs on 'Jane Got a Gun' Woes, Ron Howard's 'Rush' (Q&A)

11:00 AM PDT 5/8/2013 by Pamela McClintock
hollywoodreporter.com

...Sinclair and East sat down with THR at the company's L.A. headquarters to talk about their push into studio-style movies, including Ron Howard's $40 million-plus Rush, starring Chris Hemsworth and set for a Sept. 20 release...

THR: ...Why make a Formula One racing movie?

East: Rush isn't a Formula One movie, it's a film about the rivalry and respect between two competitors, and that's what makes it emotional.

Sinclair: You could take these same characters and set that story on a spaceship.

THR: How did Rush come about?

Sinclair: In 2010, we formed a relationship with Brian Oliver and his company, Cross Creek. We made Ides of March together, and he invested in The Woman in Black. We are co-producing Rush together and are putting up all of the financing and marketing. Cross Creek has distribution slots with Universal, so Rush is going out through Universal in the U.S.

THR: With Rush, you have waged one of the largest international marketing campaigns ever for an independent film. What has that entailed?

Sinclair: Our foreign sales company invited Ron to the American Film Market in 2011 to present the project to foreign distributors. Next, we went to the Monaco Grand Prix with Ron. We also started a social media campaign, with Ron tweeting every day. And we've just released a foreign trailer in every language. Major sponsors include Gucci, Ferrari and Ferragamo. Guy is a pioneer in this arena...
Old 8 May 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3244546)   #191
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHWS View Post

East: Rush isn't a Formula One movie, it's a film about the rivalry and respect between two competitors, and that's what makes it emotional.
This, hopefully will be the movie's saving grace!
Old 9 May 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3244834)   #192
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHWS View Post

Sinclair: You could take these same characters and set that story on a spaceship.
Just picking up on that and Sinclair's response, one of the reasons I'm going to see the movie is because of the cars. There was so much variety in F1 in those days and I'm looking forward to seeing those cars 'race' again.
Old 9 May 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3244842)   #193
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
NO doubt it will be a good movie !
Old 9 May 2013, 14:26 (Ref:3244851)   #194
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
NO doubt it will be a good movie !
+1
Old 9 May 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3244930)   #195
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there is ever a Vettel-Webber film I want Paul Hogan to play Webber. He could use the "knoife" line again, say if Vettel brings a smaller knife to a barbecue.
Old 9 May 2013, 19:45 (Ref:3244962)   #196
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Lauda Hunt relationship works because of the characters...
Old 9 May 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3244969)   #197
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
If there is ever a Vettel-Webber film I want Paul Hogan to play Webber. He could use the "knoife" line again, say if Vettel brings a smaller knife to a barbecue.
Paul Hogan is in his 80's isn't he? Rutger Hauer can play Vettel as they both zoom around their retirement homes with their zmmerframes.
Old 9 May 2013, 20:32 (Ref:3244986)   #198
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, the age is an issue but he is Australian and a character and the only Australian actor I could think of.
Old 9 May 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3244987)   #199
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin

Meet Mark Webber aka Guy Pearce.
Old 9 May 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3244995)   #200
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is that Mike from Neighbours?