Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3183599)   #176
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
Where have you got the extra Toyota from?
It's a speculative entry list.

But as Nigma points out it would appear that we won't be getting the third Toyota we all hoped for according to Graham Goodwin after his trip to TMG.
Old 1 Jan 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3183602)   #177
Nigma
Rookie

Ireland
Sligo, Ireland
Nigma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought a speculative list would have differed from a fantasy list though? We know there is three Audi's for Le Mans so that info is correct. But wouldn't it be better to iron out the speculation from what now know as solid information? ie. Toyota will run two cars for Le Mans
Old 1 Jan 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3183672)   #178
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But wouldn't it be better to iron out the speculation from what now know as solid information? ie. Toyota will run two cars for Le Mans
That would be my preference but it isn't the preference of others. I suppose there's nothing to stop anyone else making a list.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 00:22 (Ref:3183684)   #179
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
OAK Racing, according to John Dagys, are asking for their Morgan LMP2 back from Conquest Endurance. It puts their Le Mans participation (as well as ALMS) in jeopardy.

It's sad how few auto-invites from the ALMS ever make it to Le Mans, but that's just how it goes, I guess. American sports car racing is so unstable that what you fully intend to do in October falls apart by January.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
I think its been pretty well established that their won't be any McLarens at LeMans in 2013, unfortunate though that may be.
Quote:
Where have you got the extra Toyota from?
I didn't know that it was doubted that a 3rd Toyota would not be at Le Mans. I removed the #9, the #15 OAK, and the #95 and #96 McLarens... they all seem as though they will not make the race.

I've updated my list so here's the new link.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 07:16 (Ref:3183729)   #180
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Remove one of dem ESM Ferrari's too , imo .
Old 2 Jan 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3183769)   #181
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Remove one of dem ESM Ferrari's too , imo .
This is a speculative list not a fantasy list Badger

Seriously-I agree. I cant see ESM running two cars but it would be welcome especially if Brown doesnt share a car with Overbeck/Cosmo/Sharp.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 12:16 (Ref:3183792)   #182
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Looks like Brundle Sr is looking for a drive at Le Mans this year. https://twitter.com/MBrundleF1/statu...44462752813056
Old 2 Jan 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3183797)   #183
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Looks like Brundle Sr is looking for a drive at Le Mans this year. https://twitter.com/MBrundleF1/statu...44462752813056
Very interesting. I wonder what they'd drive given they'd need to find a gentleman driver with Alex now a Gold-ranked driver.

Maybe they won't even partner up? Not sure if Martin would have interest in GTs where as I can see Alex looking that way in 2013.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3183864)   #184
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
This is a speculative list not a fantasy list Badger

Seriously-I agree. I cant see ESM running two cars but it would be welcome especially if Brown doesnt share a car with Overbeck/Cosmo/Sharp.
Can they use their invite to run LMGTE-Am? I get the impression that, if it's just one car, it will be with van Overbeek, Sharp, and Brown driving. Similar to their Rolex 24 lineup, which also doesn't include Cosmo. It'd work better in Am, where they could stand a chance to win the class.

Ideally, I'd like to see both cars, one in Pro, and one in Am. If that were possible, I'd be very happy.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3183871)   #185
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What about Bailey? They've sold some cars. Where are they racing?
Old 2 Jan 2013, 17:13 (Ref:3183882)   #186
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Can they use their invite to run LMGTE-Am? I get the impression that, if it's just one car, it will be with van Overbeek, Sharp, and Brown driving. Similar to their Rolex 24 lineup, which also doesn't include Cosmo. It'd work better in Am, where they could stand a chance to win the class.

Ideally, I'd like to see both cars, one in Pro, and one in Am. If that were possible, I'd be very happy.
They have the liberty of choosing the GT class they want to compete in, so they may race in GTE-Am if they want to. Or rather if only one car is entered and Brown is racing, but the problem then becomes that Sharp and JvO are rated at least Gold, so they can't both race in the same car in GTE-Am.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3183884)   #187
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

I believe they can pick Am if they want. If I was them that's what I'd do if they were sticking with just the one car.

Obviously I'd love them to run two. It's just a shame the French are robbing us of the full livery.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 22:35 (Ref:3183984)   #188
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If ESM doesn´t come finally, Sharp, Cosmo and van Overbeek can make some cash as third drivers in any Ferrari squad. It´s difficult to find any better available drivers for the 24 Hours.
Old 2 Jan 2013, 23:29 (Ref:3184002)   #189
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
If ESM doesn´t come finally, Sharp, Cosmo and van Overbeek can make some cash as third drivers in any Ferrari squad. It´s difficult to find any better available drivers for the 24 Hours.
It would be good to see them race but I'm not sure I quite agree with the last part of your statement. Sharp and Cosmo haven't turned a wheel at Le Mans before. Johannes had class podiumed but not raced there in four years.

Not saying they wouldn't be quick. Let's hope we get a chance to see in June.
Old 3 Jan 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3184270)   #190
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Updated: Sharp, Brown, and Van Overbeek in #62 GTE-Am car.
Old 3 Jan 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3184271)   #191
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Updated: Sharp, Brown, and Van Overbeek in #62 GTE-Am car.
Remove either Sharp or JvO, both are Gold-rated and a car in GTE-Am can only have a single Gold or Platinum driver. Speculation is speculation, but let's keep it consistent with the driver regulations, shall we?
Old 3 Jan 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3184292)   #192
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
What about Bailey? They've sold some cars. Where are they racing?
Have they ? I did hear last year that a team was testing one , but nothing happened afaik . Shame , like the look of it .

If one apears , count on George Fouche in it ..... he told me that .
Old 3 Jan 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3184339)   #193
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Good positive bit of Aston Martin news in Autosport today where MD John Gaw confirms they will run two pro cars at Le Mans.

Darren Turner and Stefan Mucke have re-signed with the team and will be in the single car WEC line-up.

They have tested Makowiecki, Matteo Malucelli and Alvaro Barba who Gaw admits are in the running for a drive. The second entry is dependent on the ACO accepting it. Personally I think they will as Aston say they will do as many additional entries as their budget permits. You'd assume they will include Silverstone and Spa.

No word on the rumoured GT-Am stuff so let's see.
Old 3 Jan 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3184380)   #194
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It would be good to see them race but I'm not sure I quite agree with the last part of your statement. Sharp and Cosmo haven't turned a wheel at Le Mans before. Johannes had class podiumed but not raced there in four years.

Not saying they wouldn't be quick. Let's hope we get a chance to see in June.
I know but I think they can adapt fairy well to the track as they know the car.
Old 3 Jan 2013, 23:05 (Ref:3184395)   #195
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
It looks like pound for pound the Daytona 24 driver line-up will have the edge on Le Mans this year.

Some seriously impressive names on the entry list for the American race and more being added each day!

I think the early-season slot really helps. As obviously does the bigger entry.
Old 4 Jan 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3184807)   #196
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Remove either Sharp or JvO, both are Gold-rated and a car in GTE-Am can only have a single Gold or Platinum driver. Speculation is speculation, but let's keep it consistent with the driver regulations, shall we?
I can't find any information from real news sources leading me to driver rankings. Are you saying put Cosmo in the car? Fine by me, I just thought JvO was at a higher ranking than Sharp. I can see a Sharp/Cosmo/Brown lineup happening. Updating shortly.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 08:36 (Ref:3184987)   #197
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I can't find any information from real news sources leading me to driver rankings. Are you saying put Cosmo in the car? Fine by me, I just thought JvO was at a higher ranking than Sharp. I can see a Sharp/Cosmo/Brown lineup happening. Updating shortly.
From what I can recall from the driver rankings, Sharp, JvO and Cosmo are all rated Gold, so that is still not a solution. Best to assume at this point a Brown-TBA-TBA.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3185217)   #198
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What about the Dempsey Lola-Mazda announced at last year's race? Do these guys have an entry (or even a car, considering Lola's troubles)?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ngine-supplier
Old 5 Jan 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3185226)   #199
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
What about the Dempsey Lola-Mazda announced at last year's race? Do these guys have an entry (or even a car, considering Lola's troubles)?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ngine-supplier
Judging by current news, they probably have a car (the car they used last year in LMP2) but not an engine.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3185280)   #200
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Last year they announced Dempsey Racing would be running a Mazda Skyactiv-D diesel powered Lola LMP2 in 2013.

Updated with the ESM situation.

Last edited by Beetle; 5 Jan 2013 at 22:58.
Closed Thread