Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Nov 2014, 18:38 (Ref:3475088)   #176
kaivo
Racer

Estonia
kaivo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RAdio le mans said Sarrazin doubel stinted, it this true ?
Old 15 Nov 2014, 18:57 (Ref:3475095)   #177
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Well, the change of guard in endurance racing is happening... should Toyota win in Interlagos!
Then again putting Le Mans aside it's not like their season long record since works opposition started has been that great anyways

ALMS 2007 - champs but no (P1) competition
ALMS 2008 - champs but no (P1) competition apart from Sebring&PLM
LMS 2008 - champs
ILMC 2010 - defeat
ILMC 2011 - defeat
WEC 2012 - champs but Toyota only started from 3rd round
WEC 2013 - champs
WEC 2014 - defeat tba

But I guess since they won all Le Mans bar one none of that really matters at all, same next year
Old 15 Nov 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3475104)   #178
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
So much for Bahrain isn't worth be watched!

Plenty of drama & great racing in all classes.

Toyota's stronghold on the WEC is really getting impressive, if it hadn't been for the torrential rain in Le Mans & Austin they could have easily won all rounds this year!
Old 15 Nov 2014, 19:19 (Ref:3475105)   #179
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regarding Audi Domination... all ends someday!!

This year Toyota is showing they are the best, but Porsche will go faster in 2015.

Next year will be awesome...Audi will fightback, Toyota will cary on their strong pace, Porsche will be serious contenders.... and Nissan... let's wait and see.
Old 15 Nov 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3475140)   #180
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, it makes your mouth water, doesn't it!
Old 15 Nov 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3475149)   #181
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Congratulations to Toyota and the #8 crew.
Called it. Everyone please ignore the fact that I was obviously talking about the race victory as the drivers' title was a formality

Not sure why so many people think Audi being comprehensively outpaced is novel, but as long as they keep winning Le Mans the illusion of speed will stick in your mind I suppose.

Edit - Just seen a replay of the #1 punting #27 off @ T1. Can someone who watched it happen live explain how/why #27 was penalized (instead of #1) for that?
Old 15 Nov 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3475160)   #182
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
but as long as they keep winning Le Mans the illusion of speed will stick in your mind I suppose.
Winning Lemans is still probably the most important result of the season.
I'm guessing Toyota would happily trade their WEC season championship, for Audis Lemans win.
Hopefully next year, Toyotas reliability can match their pace at Lemans!
Old 15 Nov 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3475161)   #183
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Congrats Anthony Davidson and Sebastien Buemi! 2014 wec drivers champions!
+1
Old 15 Nov 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3475176)   #184
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
I'm guessing Toyota would happily trade their WEC season championship, for Audis Lemans win.
Not disagreeing there, although I'd rather have a thrilling race won by Audi than a rout from Toyota or anyone else for that matter.

The thing is, Toyota will have to be not only that much faster, but also that much more reliable and efficient with their pit work if (when) the lack of a third car becomes a factor.
Old 15 Nov 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3475182)   #185
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Well done to Toyota! Well deserved, hope they can go one better and win Le Mans next year.

Congrats also to Gimmi and Fisi for winning the championship again. Forza forza forza!!!! . Brilliant rebound from the early exit in Shanghai.

And last but not least kudos to the Dane Train for winning GT AM . Way to go guys
Old 15 Nov 2014, 22:27 (Ref:3475189)   #186
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Speaking of misconceptions, the Toyotas ARE reliable. This alternator problem was the first major issue for the TS040 this season. At LM, the #8 lost 8 laps because of accident damage and ended up finishing only 6 laps back and the #7 was infamously stranded by an FIA sensor burning through a wiring loom. Both Audis lost multiple laps replacing turbos, the Toyota seems reliable by comparison.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 01:58 (Ref:3475245)   #187
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Speaking of misconceptions, the Toyotas ARE reliable. This alternator problem was the first major issue for the TS040 this season. At LM, the #8 lost 8 laps because of accident damage and ended up finishing only 6 laps back and the #7 was infamously stranded by an FIA sensor burning through a wiring loom. Both Audis lost multiple laps replacing turbos, the Toyota seems reliable by comparison.
Right! To me, the 'reliability' was actually driver error and partial fia sensor bad luck. Until today theyve been nearly bulletproof. It was a good race, one of the best this year.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 02:44 (Ref:3475258)   #188
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts:
1) Audi better step it up or even their Le Mans dominance will be at risk. They lack straight away speed. Seems obvious to me what their problem is

2) My hunch is that Nissan will probably be about halfway between Audi and Rebellion in terms of speed next year.

3) GT3 should replace GTE-AM starting in 2016.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 09:05 (Ref:3475352)   #189
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Edit - Just seen a replay of the #1 punting #27 off @ T1. Can someone who watched it happen live explain how/why #27 was penalized (instead of #1) for that?
No. Inexplicable - to me.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3475437)   #190
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
was Mr Alonso in the position of judging the incident or did i just mishear that proir to the race starting
Old 16 Nov 2014, 17:03 (Ref:3475476)   #191
outnumbered
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading
outnumbered should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any pointer to the video of the 1/27 incident?
Old 16 Nov 2014, 18:13 (Ref:3475497)   #192
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
My thoughts:
1) Audi better step it up or even their Le Mans dominance will be at risk. They lack straight away speed. Seems obvious to me what their problem is
And what is the problem? Conversative choice (focussing on reliability) or unfavorable rules for diesel engine (inability to fully exploit ERS incentive because of higher engine weight)?
Old 16 Nov 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3475504)   #193
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
And what is the problem? Conversative choice (focussing on reliability) or unfavorable rules for diesel engine (inability to fully exploit ERS incentive because of higher engine weight)?
They can always go for petrol if they feel that way. And the rules are ok the way they are now, because petrol will always be a better race engine than diesel.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3475506)   #194
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokata View Post
And the rules are ok the way they are now, because petrol will always be a better race engine than diesel.
Interesting theory...
Old 16 Nov 2014, 18:53 (Ref:3475516)   #195
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Interesting theory...
You prefer the sound of Diesels over proper Racing engines then? Each to ther own!
Old 16 Nov 2014, 18:57 (Ref:3475517)   #196
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
You prefer the sound of Diesels over proper Racing engines then? Each to ther own!
No I don't, and I too have wished Audi to ditch those diesels now that they've been proven over and over again to the marketing people - so that one annoying factor of the equalization process could be removed. However if he meant that the pure performance (/efficiency) of the petrol engine would always be superior to that of diesel...
Old 16 Nov 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3475518)   #197
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I quite like being able to tell the factory LMP1s apart with my eyes closed - and equally I think Peugeot and Audi would argue their powerplants have comprehensively shown themselves to be proper racing engines!

Back on topic, watched the second half of the race by the fire after a pretty cold spell at Brockley Market, and found it genuinely enjoyable. Is it a magnificent track? No I don't think so, but there was plenty to entertain in both prototype classes, so overall kept attention throughout.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3475521)   #198
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokata View Post
They can always go for petrol if they feel that way. And the rules are ok the way they are now, because petrol will always be a better race engine than diesel.
Quote:
A Diesel engine will always be more superior to a petrol engine in any application.it may lose by weight but it's power out put and efficientcy will always be superior.

I tried to watch the race but the links some of you guys gave me (thank you by the way!)kept freezing up and the WEC app kept crashing.i updated my iPad to ios8.1 which took forever so I just went to sleep.i woke up during the last fifteen minutes.looked like a good race,I just missed out.should be able to watch Brazil.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 20:18 (Ref:3475538)   #199
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I love the variety currently displayed within the P1 class. It is awesome to see different ideas all delivering similar results.
Old 16 Nov 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3475553)   #200
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Unfavorable rules for diesel! man, how things have changed from just last year.