Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Jun 2008, 21:53 (Ref:2220817)   #176
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No live video in the usa?

Sorry,
Access denied:
Sorry but the Eurosport player Video offer is not available in your country.

http://player.eurosport.co.uk/

Is the next best place to pay to watch the race at this place: ???

VIDEO: Take advantage of our videos and reports about the 24 Heures...

http://www.club24web.com/pages/accueil_gb.html

Liz Halliday with eurosport for 2008

June 3, 2008

Eurosport’s coverage of the Le Mans 24 Hours begins on Saturday 14 June at 7.30am (UK Time) and continues throughout the day. They will also stream all the action live at http://player.eurosport.co.uk/. For more details, visit www.eurosport.com.

http://www.lizhalliday.com/pages/new....aspx?nid=1132
Old 5 Jun 2008, 21:54 (Ref:2220818)   #177
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
I'm not even going to bother to try to record all the segments - too much like hard work pragramming the recorder as it's switching between 1 and 2 constantly. We can all have a fair guess that each of the segments will actually start at a different time so I'll have to over run everything by 15 minutes each way and then have to edit the crud out.

I hope Eurosport do get the coverage right this time, but I by far prefered the Motors set up where it was on one channel for chunks of time.
Guess? You must have a VCR....

In your version of Media Centre (UK/EU version of Windows), it automatically knows where to be. They have to release this information up to 10 days in advantage for guide listings.

I'm not sure what site they pull the information from, but closer to the race I can give you nailed down times on which to turn your recorder on.

Time to invest in a PVR - Tivio HD works great, kinda pricey though.

Or if you wanna set up a PVR with your PC with free software and a couple of cheap TV cards, let me know. I'll point you in the right direction.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 22:21 (Ref:2220844)   #178
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bil588
No live video in the usa?

Sorry,
Access denied:
Sorry but the Eurosport player Video offer is not available in your country.

http://player.eurosport.co.uk/
That looks like some kind of subsciprtion site, maybe they got the wrong link on the lizhalliday.com news.

The LMS races were shown here (well actually on the German version of the site):

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/28042008/...-schedule.html

Then again, I could pay 5 € to see the whole race...
Old 5 Jun 2008, 22:45 (Ref:2220870)   #179
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Us Americans will have to wait for someone to post a MMS link that we can open from the VLC media player.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 23:00 (Ref:2220877)   #180
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, that's where I watched Spa, with RLM on another window...

Not counting MST and live timing/news on a second laptop!
What?
Old 5 Jun 2008, 23:47 (Ref:2220898)   #181
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Like I said earlier, LMS races were never supposed to be there, but the 24H LM stream has been officially promised. So I think there will some differencies too where the webstream will be.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 07:51 (Ref:2221059)   #182
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
Guess? You must have a VCR....

In your version of Media Centre (UK/EU version of Windows), it automatically knows where to be. They have to release this information up to 10 days in advantage for guide listings.

I'm not sure what site they pull the information from, but closer to the race I can give you nailed down times on which to turn your recorder on.

Time to invest in a PVR - Tivio HD works great, kinda pricey though.

Or if you wanna set up a PVR with your PC with free software and a couple of cheap TV cards, let me know. I'll point you in the right direction.
You might have to translate most of that into a language I understand

We've got a recordable hard drive which we use, it works fine although you have to manually set the segments (unlike Sky+ but I refuse to pay more for Sky than I do already!). The problem is that Eurosports adherence to their published schedule is pretty flakey so you have to start each segment early and run it late otherwise you'll always miss the start and/or the finish of segments. I don't think Sky+ helps as it only records to the scheduled times anyway?

We're planning a house move in the new year and want to set up Media Centre type stuff there so I am interested to hear more but you'll have to speak slowly!

Cheers
Old 6 Jun 2008, 11:58 (Ref:2221225)   #183
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think Sky+ helps as it only records to the scheduled times anyway?
Sky+ can help as it records as long as the TV station tell the system that its overrunning. Of course, Eurosport don't bother with such technicalities normally......
Old 6 Jun 2008, 12:25 (Ref:2221243)   #184
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
Like I said earlier, LMS races were never supposed to be there
Yes, they were supposed to be there, according to the German press release. Back then when the deal was announced I already said so. You might remember me telling you about that.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 19:31 (Ref:2221506)   #185
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am i right in thinking Eurosport are not showing the first qualifying session? Why is that> i would have thought it would be quite important!
Old 6 Jun 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2221509)   #186
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner
Am i right in thinking Eurosport are not showing the first qualifying session? Why is that> i would have thought it would be quite important!
they are showing the 1st and last.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 20:37 (Ref:2221542)   #187
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
they are showing the 1st and last.
According to my sky guide they are showing rugby from 6pm till 9pm on wednesday night on Eurosport2.
Old 6 Jun 2008, 20:39 (Ref:2221544)   #188
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian
Yes, they were supposed to be there, according to the German press release. Back then when the deal was announced I already said so. You might remember me telling you about that.
Umm, ok, altough I still don't remember that right now
Old 6 Jun 2008, 20:41 (Ref:2221545)   #189
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner
According to my sky guide they are showing rugby from 6pm till 9pm on wednesday night on Eurosport2.
Posted on DSC Today.

The Eurosport broadcast schedule in UK time is:

Weds June 11- Qualifying Session 1 Live 18.00-20.00

Thurs June 12 - Qualifying Session 4 Live 21.00-23.00

Sat June 14 - Qualifying Highlights 07.30-08.00

Warm-Up 08.00-08.45
Group C Legends 09.00-10.00
Full race coverage from 13.30 (start 14.00)

Sun June 15 - Race until 14.15
Old 6 Jun 2008, 23:17 (Ref:2221620)   #190
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Emillian Stoyko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, DSC has a schedule that's at least two months old. Reffer to my earlier post about the schedule. Only the first session won't be shown because it clashes with a rugbby tournament, the contract for which was signed before Le Mans wen't back to Eurosport. And so that contract must be honoured.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 06:42 (Ref:2221727)   #191
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
You might have to translate most of that into a language I understand

We've got a recordable hard drive which we use, it works fine although you have to manually set the segments (unlike Sky+ but I refuse to pay more for Sky than I do already!). The problem is that Eurosports adherence to their published schedule is pretty flakey so you have to start each segment early and run it late otherwise you'll always miss the start and/or the finish of segments. I don't think Sky+ helps as it only records to the scheduled times anyway?

We're planning a house move in the new year and want to set up Media Centre type stuff there so I am interested to hear more but you'll have to speak slowly!

Cheers
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post12248983

System Building, Hardware and OS suggestions

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/ - TV cards you need for the UK/EU

Last edited by dj4monie; 7 Jun 2008 at 06:47.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 06:54 (Ref:2221733)   #192
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
Posted on DSC Today.

The Eurosport broadcast schedule in UK time is:

Weds June 11- Qualifying Session 1 Live 18.00-20.00

Thurs June 12 - Qualifying Session 4 Live 21.00-23.00

Sat June 14 - Qualifying Highlights 07.30-08.00

Warm-Up 08.00-08.45
Group C Legends 09.00-10.00
Full race coverage from 13.30 (start 14.00)

Sun June 15 - Race until 14.15

Thats a bit silly as if it stays dry Q2 is often when the pole laps are set
Old 7 Jun 2008, 12:21 (Ref:2221868)   #193
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
Umm, ok, altough I still don't remember that right now
I looked it up and, in fact, it seems like I forgot to really type out my reply to your post back then. But I mentioned full races being included on March, 4th, already.

The way German press releases were worded, full races really seemed to have been planned right from the start.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2221871)   #194
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emillian Stoyko
OK, DSC has a schedule that's at least two months old. Reffer to my earlier post about the schedule. Only the first session won't be shown because it clashes with a rugbby tournament, the contract for which was signed before Le Mans wen't back to Eurosport. And so that contract must be honoured.
Apologies if that's the case but the text came from the British commentary team so that's what they are expecting to be on duty for
Old 7 Jun 2008, 14:36 (Ref:2221924)   #195
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Emillian Stoyko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
Apologies if that's the case but the text came from the British commentary team so that's what they are expecting to be on duty for
Nothing to apologize, I guess the commentators have been fed the wrong info. Or maybe the other session will be done by another part of the team.

Anway I just want to tell yo the great news that you may very well see Jeremy Shaw as part of the commentary. I SO hope he'll be at the track early and not just for the race because he's one of my heroes and his dream team with Ben Edwards inspired me to persue this "job". Also more than 10 track cameras will continue working during the night hours, so (fingers crossed) no more cars goinig in/out of the pits for 6 hours.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 16:59 (Ref:2222009)   #196
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Nothing to apologize, I guess the commentators have been fed the wrong info. Or maybe the other session will be done by another part of the team.

Anway I just want to tell yo the great news that you may very well see Jeremy Shaw as part of the commentary. I SO hope he'll be at the track early and not just for the race because he's one of my heroes and his dream team with Ben Edwards inspired me to persue this "job". Also more than 10 track cameras will continue working during the night hours, so (fingers crossed) no more cars goinig in/out of the pits for 6 hours.
Wee!
Old 8 Jun 2008, 03:14 (Ref:2222260)   #197
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Creation says live internet video..

http://www.creationsport.co.uk/news/...038/pr038.html
Old 8 Jun 2008, 04:28 (Ref:2222271)   #198
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Also more than 10 track cameras will continue working during the night hours, so (fingers crossed) no more cars goinig in/out of the pits for 6 hours.
Great.

Do you know has the lack of cameras during the night been simply a money/resources problem or just because one can't see much in the pitch black?

Actually why that latter thing is problem in the first place, they should place some stationary cameras on the Mulsanne and sound (in 5.1 Dolby Digital please) is just enough even if you couldn't see anything
Old 9 Jun 2008, 02:34 (Ref:2223280)   #199
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bil588
Creation says live internet video..

http://www.creationsport.co.uk/news/...038/pr038.html
wow thanks i thought i wasn't going to watch it here, i hope i get a live streaming that really works here at brazil, can't wait!!!
Old 10 Jun 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2224685)   #200
deggis
Veteran

Finland
What does this mean?

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...F_3066_gb.html

"You can buy the video live option directly on Eurosport web site for €5.90"

Also there is list of countries (only Europe I'm afraid) where the Eurosport player works.

Emillian, can you clarify this?

Actually I'd pay that, but then I really won't trouble free stream.

Last edited by deggis; 10 Jun 2008 at 11:24.