Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Oct 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2555450)   #176
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I for one thought the ACO would have more sense than this, and have no issues being man enough to admitting when I am wrong.
Old 6 Oct 2009, 21:34 (Ref:2555479)   #177
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
can't believe they've done this - really quite annoyed as I am fully of the belief that the single GT category was the best thing that could happen for combined GT & prototype racing. Nissan must be paying someone a lot of money to get this through as this whole category seems to exist so that they don't have to go head-to-head with Porsche.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 01:21 (Ref:2555569)   #178
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
can't believe they've done this - really quite annoyed as I am fully of the belief that the single GT category was the best thing that could happen for combined GT & prototype racing. Nissan must be paying someone a lot of money to get this through as this whole category seems to exist so that they don't have to go head-to-head with Porsche.
Are you suggesting that the manufacturer of the diposable sports car with the exploding transmission is scared racing against the real thing?
Old 7 Oct 2009, 21:44 (Ref:2556214)   #179
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Maserati obviously have an evo MC12 on the stocks!
I look forward to some fun out there next year.
LMS and FIA GT with the new toys, and degraded old kit too.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2556445)   #180
Sirius Motorspo
Rookie

Denmark
Odense, Denmark
Sirius Motorspo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MC12 in LMS ?

Does this mean that the MC12 is allowed in the LMS, LM24H and ALMS from 2010 and on ?
Old 8 Oct 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2556665)   #181
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Motorspo View Post
Does this mean that the MC12 is allowed in the LMS, LM24H and ALMS from 2010 and on ?
Yes, but as it seams only in 2010. Though there might not be an GT1 class in ALMS.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2556670)   #182
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Motorspo View Post
Not ALMS, they are done with GT1.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 8 Oct 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2556690)   #183
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
Not ALMS, they are done with GT1.
I know that is what they have said - but if Nissan and Maserati came along and said they wanted to race GT1 in ALMS would they say no???
Old 8 Oct 2009, 16:01 (Ref:2556707)   #184
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I know that is what they have said - but if Nissan and Maserati came along and said they wanted to race GT1 in ALMS would they say no???
Pretty much!!

L.P.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2556711)   #185
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Pretty much!!

L.P.
I am sure you know more than me.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2556723)   #186
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I am sure you know more than me.
I wouldn't say that. I also would never say never in this situation! But, with all the effort the series put forth to get someone to come and play with Corvette to no avail. Then for them to come along after Corvette was basically forced to switch classes and the ALMS has gone to alternate classes for the season, and a few other considerations... I do not think that is anywhere near close to happening!

L.P.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 17:00 (Ref:2556764)   #187
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IMO the ACO are calling manufactuer's bluff.

By insisting any Le Mans bound manufactuer also competes in the LMS/Asian LMS costs and support are upped significantly.

That immediately sorts the commited from the hopeful and stops GT1 being a 'cheap', compared to factory backed GT2's, entry into Le Mans.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 17:24 (Ref:2556789)   #188
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

By insisting any Le Mans bound manufactuer also competes in the LMS/Asian LMS costs and support are upped significantly.

That immediately sorts the commited from the hopeful and stops GT1 being a 'cheap', compared to factory backed GT2's, entry into Le Mans.
Thats what i've been thinking
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 8 Oct 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2556869)   #189
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

That is crafty! I hope that happens but wouldn't be too surprised if GT1 cars show up in June.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2556885)   #190
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I wouldn't say that. I also would never say never in this situation! But, with all the effort the series put forth to get someone to come and play with Corvette to no avail. Then for them to come along after Corvette was basically forced to switch classes and the ALMS has gone to alternate classes for the season, and a few other considerations... I do not think that is anywhere near close to happening!

L.P.
"For the season" being the crucial part. I can't see the ALMS deviating from the ACO class structure indefinitely while still being called the ALMS. So, I wouldn't say the ALMS is "done" with GT1, they just won't have them next year.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2556901)   #191
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
"For the season" being the crucial part. I can't see the ALMS deviating from the ACO class structure indefinitely while still being called the ALMS. So, I wouldn't say the ALMS is "done" with GT1, they just won't have them next year.
And as far as I have seen the WGT's were only mentioned for 2010, so who is to say that the ALMS would be deviating from the 2011 ACO class structure?!?! Things are far from clear yet, IMO.

L.P.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2557006)   #192
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
And as far as I have seen the WGT's were only mentioned for 2010, so who is to say that the ALMS would be deviating from the 2011 ACO class structure?!?! Things are far from clear yet, IMO.

L.P.
True. But if they have manufacturer involvement I don't see them dropping the class again after one year. It probably depends on how they perform at Le Mans...
Old 9 Oct 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2557124)   #193
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RLM has just mentioned Toyota/Lexus may have already contacted the ACO regarding a GT1 entry in 2010 with the Lexus from the N24
Old 9 Oct 2009, 00:46 (Ref:2557128)   #194
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
RLM has just mentioned Toyota/Lexus may have already contacted the ACO regarding a GT1 entry in 2010 with the Lexus from the N24

Is it an SC430? If you have an VLN/N24 car, may as well race it for SRO too.
Old 9 Oct 2009, 00:48 (Ref:2557130)   #195
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Is it an SC430? If you have an VLN/N24 car, may as well race it for SRO too.
I think it was an LF-A
This year they ran a hybrid if i recall.
Old 9 Oct 2009, 00:49 (Ref:2557132)   #196
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
I think it was an LF-A
No, it wasn't a hybrid.
Old 9 Oct 2009, 00:50 (Ref:2557134)   #197
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think it was an LF-A

Pix?
Old 9 Oct 2009, 01:31 (Ref:2557158)   #198
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Pix?
http://www.4wheelsnews.com/lexus-lf-...ally-revealed/

Dead-Eye was right, not hybrid, V10
Old 9 Oct 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2557398)   #199
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Nordschleife LF-A was a slighty modified road car, 1500 kg heavy and not anywhere near to GT1 or GT2 spec.
Old 9 Oct 2009, 16:51 (Ref:2557616)   #200
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there any reason (beyond wanting to take out Nissan directly) that they couldn't make a GT2 LF-A? I am rather depressed that the ACO hasn't told the 2010 GT1 concept to take a hike; I know they are hardly 100% sensible but this is a little more absurd than I thought. They must be trying to full court press the Asian manufacturers to support that flagging series.