Old 4 Aug 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2515585)   #176
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Is this Usmanov character the one trying to get hold of Arsenal??
Yes, sadly He's already a shareholder, about 15% as I recall.

Last edited by Super Hans; 5 Aug 2009 at 20:58.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2515812)   #177
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Kubica reportely linked to a Renault drive for next year according to Autosprint
Old 5 Aug 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2516119)   #178
TheMong
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants
TheMong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Karthikeyan remains hopeful over F1 return Narain Karthikeyan hopes the addition of three new teams to Formula ..

please no
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...474612,00.html
Old 5 Aug 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2516171)   #179
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMong View Post
Karthikeyan remains hopeful over F1 return Narain Karthikeyan hopes the addition of three new teams to Formula ..

please no
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...474612,00.html
I miss Karthikeyan and his over-steery antics. He's like the Indian Gilles Villeneuve (sort of).
Old 5 Aug 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2516194)   #180
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMong View Post
If only an Indian, billionaire businessmen came into F1 and set up an Indian F1 team (I know, crazy thought), surely Narain would be a shoo-in for a drive...
Old 5 Aug 2009, 17:43 (Ref:2516263)   #181
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I miss Karthikeyan and his over-steery antics. He's like the Indian Gilles Villeneuve (sort of).
I miss him, too. Maybe he's the Indian version of Takuma Sato.

In the real world, however, I fear he has probably been overtaken as India's next big thing by Karun Chandhok.
Old 6 Aug 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2517058)   #182
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I miss him, too. Maybe he's the Indian version of Takuma Sato.

In the real world, however, I fear he has probably been overtaken as India's next big thing by Karun Chandhok.

Did you mean "Indias next Rich Thing" there?

Actually Narain was pretty handy in F3 wasnt he.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 01:35 (Ref:2517085)   #183
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
If only an Indian, billionaire businessmen came into F1 and set up an Indian F1 team (I know, crazy thought), surely Narain would be a shoo-in for a drive...
You would think so wouldnt you.......................... Well when an Indian F1 team materialises then maybe he might get a drive. Oh wait........
Old 7 Aug 2009, 15:21 (Ref:2517409)   #184
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Peter Windsor of USF1 in an interview says it still looking for American drivers to race it's cars, but who? He also says Danica Patrick will not be one of it's drivers. My money is that Summerton will be one of it's drivers.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 15:29 (Ref:2517415)   #185
nycuk
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
Peter Windsor of USF1 in an interview says it still looking for American drivers to race it's cars, but who? He also says Danica Patrick will not be one of it's drivers. My money is that Summerton will be one of it's drivers.
Apparently Danica's too big for them. Is that like when Nigel Mansell was too big for McLaren..?
Old 7 Aug 2009, 15:39 (Ref:2517418)   #186
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Peter Windsor the reason Danica is not being considered is that she has already decided that she is going to NASCAR where she will make millions.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2517426)   #187
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
A link to the above comment,which also mentions that two GP2 drivers have offered to bring 3/4 of the required racing budget into the USF1 team if they are signed up.The team says that it is sticking to its 'American' theme however !

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/150804/..._for_usf1.html
Old 7 Aug 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2517471)   #188
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hahaha! He thinks the fact that Danica was 'reasonable' in formula ford is reason for her to get an F1 test?!
Old 7 Aug 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2517501)   #189
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
A link to the above comment,which also mentions that two GP2 drivers have offered to bring 3/4 of the required racing budget into the USF1 team if they are signed up.The team says that it is sticking to its 'American' theme however !
Yes, saw that. Would be interesting to learn the id of the 2 wealthy GP2 drivers....

I suspect that one is Russian and the other one possibly either an Austrian with a Middle Eastern licence, or a Spaniard, or maybe a Venezuelan.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2517505)   #190
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yes, saw that. Would be interesting to learnt the id of the 2 wealthy GP2 drivers....

I suspect that one is Russian and the other one possibly either an Austrian with a Middle Eastern licence, or a Spaniard, or maybe a Venezuelan.
But hopefully not Angolan..........................
Old 7 Aug 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2517507)   #191
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_cat View Post
But hopefully not Angolan..........................

Yikes, hadn't thought of that possibility!!!
Old 7 Aug 2009, 20:47 (Ref:2517550)   #192
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"We've been offered well over three quarters of our racing budget by two drivers already, neither of whom have raced in Formula One but both have won races in GP2,"
From that we can see that Teixeira isn't one of them. His only hope to win GP2 race is 25-car crash in the first corner. Teixeira is of course too slow to get involved.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 21:07 (Ref:2517562)   #193
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
There are several who have won just one race or more. Bruno Senna is an obvious one, but taking him on-board would very much divert attention from the fact that it's an all-American F1 team.
Old 7 Aug 2009, 23:29 (Ref:2517623)   #194
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
From that we can see that Teixeira isn't one of them. His only hope to win GP2 race is 25-car crash in the first corner. Teixeira is of course too slow to get involved.
Not to worry, though... he can crash all by himself!
Old 8 Aug 2009, 01:48 (Ref:2517657)   #195
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Read an article in an American magazine which says Windsor is looking to contract Summerton and because of time constraints, to sign an experienced F1 driver for the other car. Wurz, Villenueve, Bourdais, Barichello?

Of the GP2 drivers with bags of money don't discount Perez who is sponsored by one of the wealthiest men on this planet or any other
Old 8 Aug 2009, 01:51 (Ref:2517658)   #196
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Forgot to mention that Pedro de la Rosa is almost certain to drive for Campos F1. Apparently he has been released from his McLaren duties. Perez if he can get a superlicense might be the second driver as I stated weeks ago
Old 8 Aug 2009, 02:05 (Ref:2517664)   #197
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thought Pedro had already signed with Campos...
Old 8 Aug 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2517808)   #198
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
sauber11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Things getting hot here in Russia ( by the way , i live in russia but wasnt born here - i am saying that to prevent "He is russian and just favouriting Petrov". So lets continue:
About week ago we heard rumour , saying that after Grosjean will be promoted to racing driver Petrov will be named third and reserve driver at renault.
Press immediately phoned to Petrov manager team and they said:"We cant comment that , just wait a little bit and soon you will know".
Then some days after it was confirmed that 16-17 september there will be formula1 road show at Sochi(olympic games 2014) and one of the team that will be presented there for sure is ... renault. Interesting, right ?
And for dessert: Petrov on the phone ( i myself heard that) said to press, that he have already racing ?pre?contract with one of the team but it all depends on position where he will finish gp2 championship. For sure its not campos or manor right?, saying for example :"We will take you only as a gp2 champion". Must be some established team like williams or more likely renault( Petrov talked with Frank during recent moscow bavaria show , and Frank afterward said :" pretty soon there will russian driver in formula one ") or Coulthard also in moscow said:"one russian driver will be there but i cant name who (mb because its not redbull junior Aleshin)". Of course these words doesnt mean much(almost nothing) as they saying every year since 2005(renault show in moscow) that soon formula one will come to russia and still nothing done here.
And to finish this "poem" final rumour again about Usmanov that he will increase Megaphone sponsorship in renault as ING leaving team.( But again,remember Carlos Slim already bought honda in 2008). Also apart from renault some others team willing to sign contract with Petrov(also said on phone) but he is just waiting for right moment.

Conclusion: Petrov will be in formula1 2010 for sure as a racing driver, but maybe with bigger team than most of us( me also, i thought about campos) expected
P.S. English not my native language so i believe it was hard to read. My apologies.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2518678)   #199
csirl
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
Read an article in an American magazine which says Windsor is looking to contract Summerton and because of time constraints, to sign an experienced F1 driver for the other car. Wurz, Villenueve, Bourdais, Barichello?

Hope this is true - is the best way forward for USF1. IMHO Summerton is the best young driver in the US.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 10:14 (Ref:2518691)   #200
nycuk
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by csirl View Post
Hope this is true - is the best way forward for USF1. IMHO Summerton is the best young driver in the US.
Looks like Wurz or maybe De La Rosa are moving closer to a drive with USF1, alongside (perhaps) Summerton.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77606
Closed Thread