Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jan 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2611214)   #176
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it's real testing they will have no benchmarks whatsoever. It appears they have crash tested the nose already,
Old 10 Jan 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2611220)   #177
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
If it's real testing they will have no benchmarks whatsoever.
Would it not be like the shakedown tests like the likes of Brawn last year did at silverstone.

Reading the article it says 3 test days before heading to spain to join the rest of the teams.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 21:47 (Ref:2611238)   #178
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Right View Post
All American I see, crash testing in the UK.
I was more interested in the looks on the faces of the blokes watching the test. Its kinda like mild horror

I dont think they were expecting what happened either
Old 10 Jan 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2611277)   #179
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John Anderson joins as Team Manager

Any relation to Ken Anderson, team co-principal?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 01:12 (Ref:2611320)   #180
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
No they are just good friends....
Old 11 Jan 2010, 01:54 (Ref:2611333)   #181
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Rumour has it that they are to team up with Hans Christian Andersen.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 02:16 (Ref:2611336)   #182
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Is he driving for them?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 02:25 (Ref:2611337)   #183
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Is that because the idea of them being a competant team is a fantasy?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 02:47 (Ref:2611343)   #184
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Tonight on the SPEED Report on SPEED Channel, one of the guys mentioned visiting USF1 recently, and said something to the effect of "if their car performs anything how well it looks..." something about it being a work of art.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 03:10 (Ref:2611358)   #185
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
No they are just good friends....
USF1 could borrow Tom Anderson from Andretti Autosport... an Anderson-led operation in all senses of the phrase
Old 11 Jan 2010, 03:14 (Ref:2611359)   #186
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartracer41 View Post
Tonight on the SPEED Report on SPEED Channel, one of the guys mentioned visiting USF1 recently, and said something to the effect of "if their car performs anything how well it looks..." something about it being a work of art.
Sounds like something Mr Windsor might say
Old 11 Jan 2010, 04:17 (Ref:2611383)   #187
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
USF1 could borrow Tom Anderson from Andretti Autosport... an Anderson-led operation in all senses of the phrase
Or contract Kasper Andersen (IFM, Euroseries F3000 ans Superleague racer) as a driver...
Also Andersen Consulting would be superb as a sponsor.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 04:32 (Ref:2611391)   #188
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Speaking only for myself, USF1 won’t make grid in Bahrain. They are pushing FIA to skip the first four rounds. It can't be good.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 05:18 (Ref:2611414)   #189
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard today that USF1 got permission to test their car on a US track. Does anyone have more info?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 07:55 (Ref:2611457)   #190
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
They are pushing FIA to skip the first four rounds. .
Source?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2611506)   #191
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3 View Post
Source?
Reported in James Allen's blog Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blog
In a separate story, there is a suggestion in Gazzetta that USF1 has applied to the FIA for a derogation to miss the early fly away races and start at the Spanish Grand Prix in April. This contradicts USF1 sporting director Peter Windsor’s assertion last week that the team will definitely be in Bahrain. It’s Sunday today, but I will follow this up when the offices open on Monday.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2611529)   #192
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
John Anderson joins as Team Manager

Any relation to Ken Anderson, team co-principal?
I failto see how the lead singer of Yes! is going to help them. Maybe they should write to the lead singer of Echo & The Bunnymen instead.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2611532)   #193
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
John Anderson was most recently Team Manager for De Ferran's ALMS team.

As far as I know, he is not a high-pitched elfin singer.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2611533)   #194
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
I failto see how the lead singer of Yes! is going to help them. Maybe they should write to the lead singer of Echo & The Bunnymen instead.
Ha ha

Maybe Chris Rea or Eric Clapton they like their F1 racing.

My personal favourite would be Mark E Smith or Shane MacGowen... purely for the enjoyment of trying to work out what their saying in interviews
Old 11 Jan 2010, 11:09 (Ref:2611539)   #195
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
I failto see how the lead singer of Yes! is going to help them.
Maybe if he gets them to listen to 'Awaken' a few times or tell them that: 'Yours is no disgrace'.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 13:41 (Ref:2611610)   #196
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
US F1 to get more 'straight-line' testing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80799
Old 11 Jan 2010, 15:37 (Ref:2611692)   #197
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
US F1 to get more 'straight-line' testing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80799
Marbot, that link just sends me through to an empty page so could you elaborate a touch more.

attached is my view of the story
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.JPG  
Old 11 Jan 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2611697)   #198
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Weird!

They've got six days (instead of four) of straight-line/full scale wind tunnel testing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80805
Old 11 Jan 2010, 15:54 (Ref:2611708)   #199
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
The second link works fine, they've probably played a trick on ya my moving the story around abit.

Is it only USF1 that are getting that or is it something all of the new teams are getting?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2611710)   #200
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post

Is it only USF1 that are getting that or is it something all of the new teams are getting?

It's just US F1 from what I can make out. Due to their geographical disadvantage I think.

US F1 are denying reports that they are to start the season later than the other teams.

'I can't say any more than that we will definitely be on the Bahrain grid'. said Windsor.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/155890/...son_start.html

Last edited by Marbot; 11 Jan 2010 at 16:09.
Closed Thread