Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Sep 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2754054)   #176
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
The thing is, you don't have to compete in all ILMC rounds to be elegible for points. So far I've seen nothing that would indicate MIK (aka Racing Box) showing up for Petit).
Old 3 Sep 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2754072)   #177
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
The thing is, you don't have to compete in all ILMC rounds to be elegible for points. So far I've seen nothing that would indicate MIK (aka Racing Box) showing up for Petit).
I would agree that there has been no indication. But, if they wish to compete against Oak (who have stated all rounds), for the Team prize of the auto-invite, then all rounds will be required. No?

L.P.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2754078)   #178
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I would agree that there has been no indication. But, if they wish to compete against Oak (who have stated all rounds), for the Team prize of the auto-invite, then all rounds will be required. No?

L.P.
Banking on the American P2 teams blowing Oak out of the water?
Old 3 Sep 2010, 15:43 (Ref:2754079)   #179
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
But, every entry in P-2 should score points if they make the 70%.

L.P.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2754082)   #180
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Looks like MIK will run a Lola Judd. And yes Oak are competing in P2, and a lot of us are excited to see the Pesca in person for the first time!
Ive seen it lots of times , and I reckon you wont be disapointed . The dayglo pink works brilliantly too . Looks good , sounds good . Any word on who is doing the driving ?

Mik looks cool too , and sounds good also .
Old 3 Sep 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2754084)   #181
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
That would depend on who Oak has doing the driving . That car is a good solid and quick little beast , but I expect Highcroft and Cytasport will show them a thing or two ..... but dont expect them to have it all their own way .

Im hoping Moreau will be teamed with 2 other quick drivers , then sparks should fly .
Old 3 Sep 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2754147)   #182
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the only thing going against Oak for the Petit round is inexperience at Road Atlanta, but I'm sure they will get the hang of it quickly. I agree, solid drivers make that car fast, but they have been pretty reliable with all drivers the past few years. So I hope they can keep the car in one piece with the traffic and put in a good result.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2754211)   #183
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I ASSume that the Pesca was built with LM in mind...

Just about every "new team" and drivers to Road ATL struggle for the first few sessions or they are just easing their way into it. Surely OAK has some set ups in mind but the others have logged many a mile there.

Worrisome, as always and as discussed in this thread before, trying to push the limits too early at Road ATL usually ends in a disaster and tears.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2754238)   #184
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Peugeot seemed to do just fine during the day practices at Road Atlanta during the debut in '08.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2754303)   #185
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
As long as the balance issues are sorted out, I fully expect Oak to be racing for maybe 3rd in class, if not lower. Graf proved he can pedal that Porsche quickly and I don't care about the feel good moment of Oak finishing on the podium at Le Mans, those cars are not the Wirth or the Porsche who went toe to toe for two straight seasons.

An ALMS white-wash in LMP2 is very likely with only Strakka being the other car threatening for class victory.

What I wanna know is if Dyson are going to switch to ACO spec to qualify for Auto-Invite and run the smaller rear wing?
Old 3 Sep 2010, 23:54 (Ref:2754308)   #186
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
As long as the balance issues are sorted out, I fully expect Oak to be racing for maybe 3rd in class, if not lower. Graf proved he can pedal that Porsche quickly and I don't care about the feel good moment of Oak finishing on the podium at Le Mans, those cars are not the Wirth or the Porsche who went toe to toe for two straight seasons.

An ALMS white-wash in LMP2 is very likely with only Strakka being the other car threatening for class victory.

What I wanna know is if Dyson are going to switch to ACO spec to qualify for Auto-Invite and run the smaller rear wing?
Strakka won't be at Petit.
Old 4 Sep 2010, 02:08 (Ref:2754322)   #187
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Peugeot seemed to do just fine during the day practices at Road Atlanta during the debut in '08.
I'm sure the factory team did...
Old 4 Sep 2010, 15:51 (Ref:2754476)   #188
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I thought they wrecked a car in testing the week before the race, or was that last year?
Old 4 Sep 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2754489)   #189
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I thought they wrecked a car in testing the week before the race, or was that last year?
I don't remember, but even if they did: They pretty much wrecked a car whenever they went testing in 2008, so they wouldn't have been doing worse at Petit than anywhere else.
Old 4 Sep 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2754563)   #190
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
I don't remember, but even if they did: They pretty much wrecked a car whenever they went testing in 2008, so they wouldn't have been doing worse at Petit than anywhere else.
Ouch!
Old 4 Sep 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2754571)   #191
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Peugeot wrecked their car during a promoter's test day the Saturday before PLM when it tried to avoid an other wrecked car. Peugeot had only a few spare parts because of all the wrecks in testing, at Le Mans and at Silverstone in '08. At least they now bring a spare tub with them to most races-something learned from Audi, Porsche and Acura, who usually brought one if not two to most ALMS races back then.
Old 5 Sep 2010, 03:55 (Ref:2754636)   #192
Captain Spyro
Rookie

United States
West Virginia
Captain Spyro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it has been unlikely, but I was personally hoping for the Rebellion Lolas to make an appearance, but maybe next year, I hope. Ah well.

But most of all, Flying Lizard Motorsports.
Old 5 Sep 2010, 07:05 (Ref:2754649)   #193
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spyro View Post
but I was personally hoping for the Rebellion Lolas to make an appearance
Nice idea , but with the luck they have been having this year , I suspect they cant wait for 2010 to be over !!!
Old 7 Sep 2010, 03:15 (Ref:2755475)   #194
06pony
Rookie

United States
Hoschton, Ga
06pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last I heard the Aston Martin P1's were not coming over correct ? On the radio today there was a commercial for Petit and it mentioned P1's Audi, Peugeot, Aston Martin. I know it's a commercial but I find it strange the Aston being mentioned since it's never run at Petit. Any thoughts or rumors about this ? Mariantic still shows them on their list on the ALMS tab but not the Petit tab.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 03:40 (Ref:2755477)   #195
nissangtrfan
Rookie

United States
30 Miles from Road Atlanta
nissangtrfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think is was an oversight. Commercial was more than likely made before Aston Martin decided not to make the trip. I had wished to see a P1 Aston at Petit as well. Maybe next year....
Old 7 Sep 2010, 06:08 (Ref:2755493)   #196
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Signature plus were planning to come & recent rumours put them in zuhai as well - personally I'll not bank on it, but you never know
Old 7 Sep 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2755718)   #197
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to IMSA regulations, the maximum number of cars running on the track at the same time was 50 anyways, so 48 entries is not a bad at all. Now if we could just see them.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2755920)   #198
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
It will be Graf, Maassen and Luhr in the Cytosport Spyder.

L.P.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2755927)   #199
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

L.P.
That should get the job done! Looks like we will see a good scrap with Brabs, Simon and Marino.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2755940)   #200
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

L.P.

Great news. The joint venture of Porsche and Audi delegating their works drivers works very well...