Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 3 Dec 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2799109)   #176
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Yes, they are! And the red / white / yellow parts of the design have nearly the same shape as the black / white / red in the other Penske cars. Even the helmet is still red but with yellow! I'm so rooting for Helix Castroneves!
Old 3 Dec 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2799137)   #177
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But is it only for Indy or for the entire season?
Old 3 Dec 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2799178)   #178
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how does Penske do it?
everything he touches seems to turn to gold before he grabs it...
enough Shell sponsor ship for Helio and Busch in Nascar- and that was taken from Harvick-RCR.
Old 3 Dec 2010, 17:50 (Ref:2799191)   #179
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's offering them the Same NASCAR exposure with a competitive car (Busch) plus the exposure they'll get with 3-time Indy 500 winner Helio at the Brickyard with a team that could easily put Helio in elite company as the fourth 4-time winner of the Indy 500.

Sounds pretty simple to me.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 3 Dec 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2799192)   #180
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On another forum I read that Vitor meira sent what was supposed to be a private tweet that he accidentally sent to all of his list that he has singed a two-year extension with Foyt through 2012.

He quickly apologized and recalled the first tweet, but it did come out.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 3 Dec 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2799303)   #181
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcostraz View Post
But is it only for Indy or for the entire season?
Anyone have the answer?
Old 3 Dec 2010, 23:42 (Ref:2799316)   #182
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
"I am very excited to be working with Shell and Pennzoil this season and I'm proud to have the opportunity to drive the beautiful Shell V-Power-Pennzoil Ultra car in the 2011 Indianapolis 500, representing the number one premium gasoline and Pennzoil's most advanced motor oil in the US," Castroneves said. "Shell and Pennzoil have such a great history in Indy car racing and they have certainly had some special moments with Penske Racing at the Indy 500. I hope we can create a little bit more history together this May at Indianapolis."
Seems it's Indy only.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2799505)   #183
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With no primary sponsor for 2011, Sam Hornish Jr. might end up in Daytona 500 and Indy 500

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/artic..._Indy_500.html
Old 4 Dec 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2799533)   #184
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcostraz View Post
With no primary sponsor for 2011, Sam Hornish Jr. might end up in Daytona 500 and Indy 500

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/artic..._Indy_500.html
I think it's a good indicator of where the talent is these days and it isn't in indycar. When champions like hornish and francheeki get absolutely flogged drivin' a stock car you know it's got to be bad.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2799676)   #185
PZippy
Rookie

United States
Park Ridge, Illinois
PZippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I think it's a good indicator of where the talent is these days and it isn't in indycar. When champions like hornish and francheeki get absolutely flogged drivin' a stock car you know it's got to be bad.
Star - That statement is just plain ignorant.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2799711)   #186
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PZippy View Post
Star - That statement is just plain ignorant.
Not at all. The proof is in the pudding. Francheeki and Hornish, both champions and ended up relegated to the back in stock cars. Same with danica as well. Even AJ Dinger and Montoya, both of whom never even won a championship in their respective previous open wheel series, shaded both of those dudes. Heck even a meager humble V8 SC driver from Australia, Marcos Ambrose, has clobbered both of those two "champions" in Nascar.
Old 5 Dec 2010, 07:18 (Ref:2799784)   #187
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not at all. The proof is in the pudding. Francheeki and Hornish, both champions and ended up relegated to the back in stock cars. Same with danica as well. Even AJ Dinger and Montoya, both of whom never even won a championship in their respective previous open wheel series, shaded both of those dudes. Heck even a meager humble V8 SC driver from Australia, Marcos Ambrose, has clobbered both of those two "champions" in Nascar.
Montoya won CART and Indy 500......

Plus, Monty wasn't exactly good the first season was he, Dario only got 3/4 of a season before the funding ran out so not exactly the longest time to find out. Plus Ambrose has had a lot longer in Nascar than both Horish and Franchitti so understandable he's going to be quicker.

And if talent flows both ways, funny how the Nascar drivers always get clobbered at the Race of Champions....... just saying....
Old 5 Dec 2010, 09:59 (Ref:2799833)   #188
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would have just thought that driving a stock car & indy car are completely different & it takes time to adjust from one to another...
Old 5 Dec 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2799851)   #189
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
gomick's right. If you drop any of the usual Chase suspects in an LMP at Le Mans, an IndyCar at Long Beach, a GT1 at Potrero de los Funes or a V8 at Bathurst, they will struggle just like any European or South American does when trying stock cars.
Old 5 Dec 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2800084)   #190
PZippy
Rookie

United States
Park Ridge, Illinois
PZippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ok - I'll bite. For a moment - I won't even mention that I wonder why any "driver" wants to go drive in NASCAR except for the fact that's where the $$$$ is in US based racing. (Ooops, I guess I just did). Basic differences, chassis heavier, tires smaller, horsepower differences, handling, almost all ovals, no braking, engine differences, the "lucky dog", pits stops with a guy running around with a jack etc. etc. etc (do they still use carburators? - You can't even buy a car without a fuel-injector.) Its not the same formula, not even close. I don't see how open-wheel drivers get criticized for taking a while to adjust - it's not a fair comparison because no one comes back the other way. I'd love to see Hamlin, Johnson, Earnhardt, Gordon etc. drive an IndyCar at Long Beach or St. Pete. Let's not just talk Indy only. Those guys can't turn it left and right. The days of Mario and AJ going back and forth week to week are 35 years gone. The comparison is just futile. Ambrose spent much time driving in Nationwide getting his feet wet. Montoya is doing fairly well, last time I looked. Wasn't he an F1 champ? Are you saying that Schuey and Vettel and the boys are ******s cuz they haven't driven a NASCAR?

Who gives a bleep? I know Dario a little bit, and he is a fantastic driver. Wonderfully talented. His 1/2 season in NASCAR was a joke. They ran OUT of money! Shut the team down - you telling me they spent as much as they needed to make that thing go fast? No one for that team run up front that year. In fact you could argue that NASCAR is similar to F1 in that you need to drive for only 2 or 3 teams in order to have a chance.

I'm off my soapbox now. Thanks for indulging me.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2800452)   #191
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be very interesting to see how a returning Hornish would perform, given the fact that a returning Franchitti took the Indy 500 and the Series title by storm.
But with Penske and Andretti as 4 car teams and Ganassi and his junior team as well, what room would that leave for the competition?
Old 6 Dec 2010, 19:42 (Ref:2800509)   #192
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Penske adds IZOD.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...s-team-penske/
Old 6 Dec 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2800519)   #193
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Blimey!! Penske's sales/marketing team will be getting a nice christmas bonus this year what with pulling all these deals together! Kudos to them!
Old 6 Dec 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2800530)   #194
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Roberts View Post
Blimey!! Penske's sales/marketing team will be getting a nice christmas bonus this year what with pulling all these deals together! Kudos to them!
Things gotta be pretty depressing at Andretti Autosports when you lose this many sponsors. Two of them to Penske!
Old 6 Dec 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2800587)   #195
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Things gotta be pretty depressing at Andretti Autosports when you lose this many sponsors. Two of them to Penske!
That's what happens when you underperform, then you throw out your best and most personable driver.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2800898)   #196
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Penske also announcing AAA to be a two race sponsor for Long Beach and Texas, as well as for selected races on the Nascar side.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 15:20 (Ref:2800934)   #197
INDY500FAN13
Rookie

United States
Greenwood, IN
INDY500FAN13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

2011 Full Time Drivers

Bold = Confirmed
Italicized = Rumor

Penske Racing

#3 Helio Castroneves (Shell / Verizon Wireless /AAA)
#6 Ryan Briscoe (IZOD / VERIZON WIRELESS)
#12 Will Power (Verizon Wireless / MEIJER)

Target Chip Ganassi Racing

#9 Scott Dixon (Target)
#10 Dario Franchitti (Target)
#?? Graham Rahal
#?? Charlie Kimball

Andretti Autosport

#7 Danica Patrick (Go-Daddy.com)
#11 Ryan Hunter-Reay (TBA)
#26 Marco Andretti (Venom Energy Drink)
#27 TBA

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

#22 Justin Wilson (TBA)
#23 Paul Tracy
#24 Mike Conway

FAZZT Racing

#77 Alex Tagliani (B&W Metals)
#88 Ho Ping Tung (B&W Metals)

KV Racing

#5 Takuma Sato (Lotus)
#8 EJ Viso (Lotus)
#32 Mario Moraes (Lotus)

Panther Racing

#4 TBA (National Guard)
#?? TBA

AJ Foyt Racing

#14 Vitor Meira (ABC Supply)

DeFerran Dragon Racing

#2 Rafa Matos (Hewlett-Packard)
#20 Tony Kanaan
#21 Davey Hamilton (Hewlett-Packard)
**(Indy/Iowa/New Hampshire/Texas)

Dale Coyne Racing

#18 Alex Lloyd
#19 TBA

Conquest Racing

#34 Bertrand Baguette (TBA)
#36 TBA

Newman/Haas Racing

#06 TBA
#02 TBA

HVM Racing

#78 Simona de Silvestro (TBA)

Sarah Fisher Racing

#67 Ed Carpenter (Dollar General)
**(St. Pete, Indy, Texas, Iowa, Mid-Ohio, Loudon, Baltimore, Kentucky, Vegas)

Walker Racing Partners

#70 TBA

Rahal Letterman Racing

#17 John Edwards

Indy 500 Entries

Team REDLINE Xtreme Racing (KV Racing Partner)

# Oriol Servia TBA (REDLINE ENERGY DRINK)

AFS Racing

#27 Adam Carroll (AFS Fire Sprinklers)

Bryan Herta Autosport

#29 TBA

Available Drivers

Graham Rahal (CONFIRMED FULL TIME)
Dan Wheldon
Tony Kanaan
Paul Tracy
Takuma Sato
Mario Moraes
Alex Lloyd
Oriol Servia
Sebastian Bourdais
Jay Howard
Hideki Mutoh
Mario Romancini
JR Hilldebrand
Wade Cunningham
Sebastien Savvadra
Mike Conway
Bruno Junqueria
Roger Yasukawa
Milka Duno
Rafael Matos
Ana Beatriz
Tomas Sheckter
Francesco Dracone
Townsend Bell
Old 8 Dec 2010, 02:49 (Ref:2801185)   #198
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where'd you hear the John Edwards rumor? That would be awesome as I could see him working his way into RLR's ALMS operation, too.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 22:28 (Ref:2801711)   #199
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Where'd you hear the John Edwards rumor? That would be awesome as I could see him working his way into RLR's ALMS operation, too.
Working his way into the ALMS operation means, at least for now, working into the favour of BMW AG. Milner is out and factory boy Dirk Werner is in at BMW Team RLR for 2011, a further sign of tightening ties with the mothership.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 23:19 (Ref:2802227)   #200
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88641 - Wish I was in Star Mazda now

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88632 - Hope he gets it as it would be deserved!