Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Oct 2013, 15:48 (Ref:3324289)   #176
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Are we talking about the only open lo left, behind the grandstands opposite the pits, I think they have grade 1 listed protection now, a real french historic site, I think James, like me, makes a point of using the wall at least once on every trip tradition should be respected.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3324307)   #177
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed so Simon. Every man must do his duty!
Old 28 Oct 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3324341)   #178
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Is this loo you're talking about built in the same style as the disgusting yellow building in the middle of Houx? Beats me why they don't demolish them and put up some decent ones.

Must be some french cultural heirloom of some sorts, indeed.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3324365)   #179
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Are we talking about the only open lo left, behind the grandstands opposite the pits, I think they have grade 1 listed protection now, a real french historic site, I think James, like me, makes a point of using the wall at least once on every trip tradition should be respected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Indeed so Simon. Every man must do his duty!
That IS a "historic" building
Old 28 Oct 2013, 20:01 (Ref:3324392)   #180
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I understand that Bernie is having replicas installed at every Grand Prix track ready for next season........
Old 29 Oct 2013, 09:27 (Ref:3324630)   #181
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes, I understand that Bernie is having replicas installed at every Grand Prix track ready for next season........
But how will he get that authentic aroma
Old 29 Oct 2013, 12:02 (Ref:3324705)   #182
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was queueing for a showe on the Thursday of this year's race in Houx. For anyone who isn't a regular in Le Mans' premier camping facility if you're using the central shower block and there's a couple of people queuing in front you will be stood next to the infamous long-drop toilets while you wait.

As I stood there waiting an elderly gentleman walked past and entered one of these facilities. Worrying to say the least but I didn't expect too much comeback for me, why should I worry, I'm going to be in the shower soon.

Boy was I wrong.

As the aforementioned Monsieur settled down to his morning movements it became clear he had not had a good merguez the night before.

As a smell that could easily be compared to an abandoned morgue gradually wafted into the crowd I tried manfully to keep my balance as the waves passed. But, roughly 20 seconds later it was too much, the acrid fumed burnt my throat as I waved my white flag and fled.

Suddenly the small portable shower block outside where the light had stopped working and the only way in was through a giant puddle didn't seem so bad.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3324707)   #183
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Complete with floating algae in the gutter above the urinal?
Old 29 Oct 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3324730)   #184
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yes that will give it that authentic look
Old 29 Oct 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3324738)   #185
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Complete with floating algae in the gutter above the urinal?
That is indeed the one.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3324768)   #186
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
Beautiful.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 21:52 (Ref:3324900)   #187
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A cult classic. Never really want to dwell too long there so it is always going to be a 'splash and dash'. But it would be rude not to use it.
Old 30 Oct 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3325033)   #188
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
A cult classic. Never really want to dwell too long there so it is always going to be a 'splash and dash'. But it would be rude not to use it.
I
I hope there is not to much splash
Old 30 Oct 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3325055)   #189
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I only stayed in Houx once - in 1983 but if you are talking about the same toilet block, by Sunday afternoon you couldn't get to it for the lake of sewage surrounding it - having experienced this is why I never complain about the facilities now.
Old 30 Oct 2013, 11:27 (Ref:3325062)   #190
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seems I am missing a lot of 'local colour' by camping off site. What a shame.
Old 30 Oct 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3325066)   #191
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Like any good festival or camping trip, the secret is to be tactical about your 'movements'.
exactly. top tip for the ladies is if you're walking past a reasonably clean girls bog, use it. even if you don't need to go. you never know when you'll desperately need one, discover it's a war zone and want to hang on for the next one. or worse - the boys have been using it
Old 30 Oct 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3325276)   #192
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's a top tip for blokes too bella, especially those of increasingly mature years. You learn not to pass up any opportunity, whether it's an offer by someone to make you a cuppa, or a welcome chance for a 'pit-stop'.....
Old 30 Oct 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3325296)   #193
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's face it! - It's a top tip for everyone!
This year I hated when I had to visit the toilet when I was in my GS seat on top of the pits, as there is a LONG way to the nearest toilet.
Old 31 Oct 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3325391)   #194
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Let's face it! - It's a top tip for everyone!
This year I hated when I had to visit the toilet when I was in my GS seat on top of the pits, as there is a LONG way to the nearest toilet.
Its not that bad - there is one directly below the first stair down from the stand - you have to do a u turn at the bottom and go back towards the stand - they alternate between gents and ladies in each stair block but the furthest you have to walk is to the next block.
Old 31 Oct 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3325401)   #195
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Its not that bad - there is one directly below the first stair down from the stand - you have to do a u turn at the bottom and go back towards the stand - they alternate between gents and ladies in each stair block but the furthest you have to walk is to the next block.
Then I'm blind .
Thank you Mal! - I used to walk to the toilets behind the teams V.I.P tents (the hill, leading up the Village)
Old 5 Nov 2013, 12:33 (Ref:3327489)   #196
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!

And with shiney, clean, loos IN the grandstands, too? DOH!
Old 5 Nov 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3327595)   #197
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post

And with shiney, clean, loos IN the grandstands, too? DOH!
What can I say!?
You get older and wiser... (well, most do)
Old 22 May 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3409055)   #198
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Was driving wife to work this morning and was in tonbridge (kent) when i saw an old red estate backing out of a drive i could see the word Hawaiian and as it backed further the word tropic appeared, the roof box was also painted in the same red and yellow and it was obvious to me the car was ready for the trip down in June, thought i could identify some le mans stickers as well but was not that close
Old 23 May 2014, 06:17 (Ref:3409246)   #199
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Was driving wife to work this morning and was in tonbridge (kent) when i saw an old red estate backing out of a drive i could see the word Hawaiian and as it backed further the word tropic appeared, the roof box was also painted in the same red and yellow and it was obvious to me the car was ready for the trip down in June, thought i could identify some le mans stickers as well but was not that close
was it full of beauties?
Old 23 May 2014, 06:24 (Ref:3409249)   #200
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Was not that close but it looked more like a single bloke rather than a group of bikini clad babes but he could have been going to pick them up, however i think he was heading off to show his mates the new livery on the old car ready for le mans