Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Sep 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3308244)   #176
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
MB is a very well regimented site, flat and perfect for camping ith good facilities and access to the track but it does lack security as you said anyone can walk through, there are usually some very large groups there and some parts can get noisy but in general it is quite civilised. Access by car to and from the site at times can be difficult but on foot no problem, tickets are expensive and hard to obtain often going for considerably more than issue price on e bay.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 23:16 (Ref:3308434)   #177
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I had an issue with a LOUD mouthed Geordie with "!terrabyte of illegally downloaded music" and a volume knob stuck at 11!
Otherwise, I love MB.
I guess I try for Tertre Rouge this year... I must be getting old?
Old 24 Sep 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3308678)   #178
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
gents, as mentioned earlier, myself and a plus one (no more, we'd need a bigger car ) will more than likely be attending in '14 barring any muppetry from the wsr calendar. we scored a magnificent pitch in mr in '12 for our flying visit, but i think it'd be a bit more fun to camp with some company this year.

does any company want to accept us into their fold? i think we met a decent number of you at the '12 gathering. we're two social birds with a fondness of niffy cheese, cake and cheap french wine, neither princesses nor ladettes, and about a 3 on the fangirl richter scale (no flags or squealing but occasional outbreaks of mentionitis). more than happy to cough up for a pitch in advance.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 10:58 (Ref:3308682)   #179
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's an impressive start to any CV.......
Old 24 Sep 2013, 10:59 (Ref:3308684)   #180
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
See this thread Bella
Old 24 Sep 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3308698)   #181
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well if we get TR tickets for 2014 you are more than welcome to join us, not sure what our group will consist of this year but aware that Helen (elaviel) might miss her first le mans for 8 years so the group might not suit a couple of young ladies, but plenty of other groups around the site including quite a few tenthers.
So if you do get a TR ticket there will always be a welcome for you there.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 11:48 (Ref:3308700)   #182
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well if we get TR tickets for 2014 you are more than welcome to join us, not sure what our group will consist of this year but aware that Helen (elaviel) might miss her first le mans for 8 years so the group might not suit a couple of young ladies, but plenty of other groups around the site including quite a few tenthers.
So if you do get a TR ticket there will always be a welcome for you there.
Assuming we get our usual package we (me and Mrs ISynge) will be on TR, hopefully leavening some of the testosterone driven excess. Always good to see some friendly faces around.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3308703)   #183
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
that's actually what made me post seperately - we're not really what that kind offer had in mind!

senor gt6, don't worry about the young ladies bit. we're definitely not ones to get offended. i'm usually found sharing war stories with truckies at the circuit, i tried discussing shopping with one of the drivers sisters but it just didn't work

i would very much like to give tr a shot, but am aware that it would be a bit delusional to expect to stumble across a ticket in the general sale. bearing in mind i can't really afford to front up anything till the end of october, what's my best option for getting my hands on a ticket?
Old 24 Sep 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3308706)   #184
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
TR tickets are quite hard to get obviously Nadine has a limit and the ACO site might not be fruitful, some agencies like just tickets do have a few and that might be your best bet.
TR is a very small site so you will never be more that a minute or to from anyone else on the site but it is an open site so if you arrive friday space will be very limited.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3308708)   #185
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
that's actually what made me post seperately - we're not really what that kind offer had in mind!

senor gt6, don't worry about the young ladies bit. we're definitely not ones to get offended. i'm usually found sharing war stories with truckies at the circuit, i tried discussing shopping with one of the drivers sisters but it just didn't work

i would very much like to give tr a shot, but am aware that it would be a bit delusional to expect to stumble across a ticket in the general sale. bearing in mind i can't really afford to front up anything till the end of october, what's my best option for getting my hands on a ticket?
While there is a bit of a mystique about laying hands on TR tickets the agencies (many are available) generally can sort something out, equally the last few years it hasn't been full, which indicates to me that there might well be tickets available on various marketplaces in the run up to June.

Obviously this probably means that this year it'll be solidly sold out and none of us regulars will be able to get a pitch...
Old 24 Sep 2013, 12:26 (Ref:3308717)   #186
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
hmm, we'd almost definitely be arriving thursday/friday time so space could be a problem. that said we don't have a behemoth of a tent or a camper, so we're relatively flexible but i do get a bit funny if my car isn't next to my tent.

there was nothing wrong with mb at all, but that place is so big it needs a social group to work!
Old 24 Sep 2013, 12:37 (Ref:3308725)   #187
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
hmm, we'd almost definitely be arriving thursday/friday time so space could be a problem. that said we don't have a behemoth of a tent or a camper, so we're relatively flexible but i do get a bit funny if my car isn't next to my tent.

there was nothing wrong with mb at all, but that place is so big it needs a social group to work!
Arriving Thursday should be fine, Friday, as Simon says, things will be a lot tighter - you shouldn't be separated from your car, but it's likely to be a case of shoehorning yourself in where you can rather than picking from a wide array.

That said, in 2009 it was very busy and there was a degree of camaraderie with people arriving late on Friday and seeing how we could juggle things to manufacture space - all very sociable.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3308726)   #188
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Obviously this probably means that this year it'll be solidly sold out and none of us regulars will be able to get a pitch...
Please refrain yourself from saying such horrible things!
Old 24 Sep 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3308752)   #189
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Arriving Thursday should be fine, Friday, as Simon says, things will be a lot tighter - you shouldn't be separated from your car, but it's likely to be a case of shoehorning yourself in where you can rather than picking from a wide array.
it sounds like the extra day off work would be well spent, in that case!

hmm. does anybody have a recommendation for an agency who don't compel you to buy ge tickets at the same time?
Old 24 Sep 2013, 20:32 (Ref:3308897)   #190
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
We are happy to host on MB if you want to joins us. We have a group of about 25 and you and your colleague may have met one or two of them, we also have tickets in the bag that you could have.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3310678)   #191
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Will the new F1 race of the america's on the same weekend as the test day cause le mans dates to move? I know this was discussed earlier but now the F1 dates have been confirmed what do people think
Old 29 Sep 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3310690)   #192
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Unlikely to have any effect IMO
Old 29 Sep 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3310779)   #193
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Only effect it will have is that a few drivers won't be able to commentate or be stewards at the GP.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3312240)   #194
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
We are happy to host on MB if you want to joins us. We have a group of about 25 and you and your colleague may have met one or two of them, we also have tickets in the bag that you could have.
mal, my +1 is usually your old tenant as per 2012 i'll have a word and see whether she's got any ideas or fancies wearing the trousers on the decisionmaking front for a change but that's a very kind offer, thank you
Old 3 Oct 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3312243)   #195
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Got booking confirmation through this week.

Always a nice milestone in the whole process. Now just trying to ponder whether to do the usual down on Weds back on Mon routine or make it a bit more of a holiday to France. Arguments, predictably on both sides.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3312510)   #196
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
mal, my +1 is usually your old tenant as per 2012 i'll have a word and see whether she's got any ideas or fancies wearing the trousers on the decisionmaking front for a change but that's a very kind offer, thank you
That's the other 'Mal' but we are from the same group, I don't think the other 'Mal' is doing lemans in 2014
Old 4 Oct 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3312675)   #197
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
sorry mal, there's too many of you! rookie mistake

i'll definitely get back to you on that imminently, thanks!
Old 14 Oct 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3317872)   #198
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody know when ticket sale will open for members?
Old 14 Oct 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3317933)   #199
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Last year it was the 6th of November. Not long to go! But you'll get an e-mail from the ACO about 10-14 days upfront.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3321794)   #200
Foxy_Marshal
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Foxy_Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hello,
hope your all well.
Looking for a little advice. Have been to Le man for a couple of years and love it. This year my friend and I are taking a girlie road trip from scotland to le mans.
Can anyone give me a review of the Travel destinations campsite at porsche curves
like i say, we are two single females so really really appreciate cleanish showers

Is there any transport from that area up to the tram depot ? we will have a car but i just wanted to check
we are hoping to book up but nto sure we want to go down the flexotel route as I would like to be able to get down to arnage to the carrefour
cheers

Foxyx