Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jun 2014, 08:14 (Ref:3423330)   #176
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Though I haven't been to B12 for a couple of years, the prices were normal, but there was a minimum stay of 4 nights.
Minimum 4 nights at my hotel also with no inflated prices.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 22:53 (Ref:3423624)   #177
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
I have nothing but complete admiration for Henley and that RX8. Since he bought it he has pretty much raced it at every possible meeting across 3 States. Sydney drivers struggle to make the effort to go to Wakefield, yet Bruce brought the RX8 up for the run. For those that have not heard it live, the sound it makes is incredible.

The 12hr organisers should pay his entry fee to get it there.
He has definitely done some miles this year.

Probably one other IP driver lined up, though they may be otherwise engaged on that weekend

About 20, for anyone wondering, similar price to Sepang, maybe a little less
Old 18 Jun 2014, 23:36 (Ref:3423627)   #178
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift View Post
He has definitely done some miles this year.

Probably one other IP driver lined up, though they may be otherwise engaged on that weekend

About 20, for anyone wondering, similar price to Sepang, maybe a little less
Would think that the current IP driver would be more than happy to just concentrate on the 12hr race.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 09:32 (Ref:3423700)   #179
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can see the possibility of accommodation prices inflating after the tone of that Western Advocate article. On a positive side the improved TV should make sponsorship and GT3 manufacturer involvement more attractive thus improving the quality of the entry. Plus the support program looks the best yet especially with FF now on the list , they usually provide sensational racing on the mountain layout .
Old 20 Jun 2014, 07:07 (Ref:3424081)   #180
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any word on who is footing the bill for the Channel 7 coverage? It can't be cheap
Old 20 Jun 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3424136)   #181
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Any word on who is footing the bill for the Channel 7 coverage? It can't be cheap
Great question.

Previous years there was an early bird entry fee of $5k which ended around now.

No mention of this for next year.

Maybe there's enough interest to not give a discount for next year?
Old 20 Jun 2014, 10:46 (Ref:3424153)   #182
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
Great question.

Maybe there's enough interest to not give a discount for next year?
You might have thought the early bird price was to get some cash flow happening... if its not there now... maybe the race promoter has changed/been supplemented?
Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3424159)   #183
scudd
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
You might have thought the early bird price was to get some cash flow happening... if its not there now... maybe the race promoter has changed/been supplemented?
I guess with $50k for first, you're going to get a lot more wanting to compete.

I think the $11k entry fee could rise too, to cover the first prize and tv coverage.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:33 (Ref:3424172)   #184
scudd
Racer

http://m.speedcafe.com/2014/06/20/ba...hurst-12-hour/
Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:38 (Ref:3424176)   #185
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Well there we go Bairdo in a Lambo bit of a surprise.

And that sorts out the rumors as to whether he would stay at Clearwater.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3424359)   #186
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Seemed like the Mok, Griffin, Baird combination was going to be together forever and a shame that they couldn't have a win with their efforts over the years. Whilst not shocked that Baird won't be with them again, i wouldn't have picked him to go to MM ??
Now definitely a team to beat.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3424407)   #187
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Seemed like the Mok, Griffin, Baird combination was going to be together forever and a shame that they couldn't have a win with their efforts over the years. Whilst not shocked that Baird won't be with them again, i wouldn't have picked him to go to MM ??
After last year personally I wasn't expecting him to stay with the Clearwater squad but I thought maybe he might have ended up at erebus after drive with the team at Clipsal a year or 2 ago netted him a couple of wins if I remember right? Guess with the new 3 driver rule teams like erebus will be out to pick the absolute best pro drivers they can get.

This will be a contentious comment but regarding the entry list and reaching maximum grid capacity I personally believe that any serious gt3 entry should get priority over other entries if we find ourselves in a full grid situation again. Lets face it, they are what the people turn up to watch or tune into and they are the reason the event is becoming an international draw card.

I fully respect that every competitor adds to the overall event and I do enjoy watching the racing in the lower classes but if we are reaching a situation where we can no longer accept entries then I think for the fans and for the event we need to pick the cream of the crop.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 23:23 (Ref:3424411)   #188
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
After last year personally I wasn't expecting him to stay with the Clearwater squad but I thought maybe he might have ended up at erebus after drive with the team at Clipsal a year or 2 ago netted him a couple of wins if I remember right? Guess with the new 3 driver rule teams like erebus will be out to pick the absolute best pro drivers they can get.

This will be a contentious comment but regarding the entry list and reaching maximum grid capacity I personally believe that any serious gt3 entry should get priority over other entries if we find ourselves in a full grid situation again. Lets face it, they are what the people turn up to watch or tune into and they are the reason the event is becoming an international draw card.

I fully respect that every competitor adds to the overall event and I do enjoy watching the racing in the lower classes but if we are reaching a situation where we can no longer accept entries then I think for the fans and for the event we need to pick the cream of the crop.
For purely selfish reasons, I would be also be happy to see a GT3 entry get priority over other entries.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 02:06 (Ref:3424434)   #189
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Great question.

Early bird discounts confirmed as per the Supp Regs:

Quote:
1) Payment prior to 31st July 2014 results in a discount of $3,300 totalling an entry fee of $6,600
2) Payment after 31st July 2014 but before 11th December 2014 results in an entry fee of $9,900
3) Payment after 11th December 2014 results in a payment of $11,000

Withdrawal of entries after 31st December 2014 results in loss of all entry fees submitted
http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/sit...al-29-5-14.pdf
Old 21 Jun 2014, 03:44 (Ref:3424451)   #190
scudd
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Early bird discounts confirmed as per the Supp Regs:

http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/sit...al-29-5-14.pdf
nice work, so much for me not reading the fine print.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 06:33 (Ref:3424471)   #191
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Yeah couldn't agree more. Couldn't see Baird leaving Clearwater and certainly wouldn't have thought of him driving with Justin McMillan, thought he would've gone back to Tony Quinn's equipe.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 06:56 (Ref:3424476)   #192
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Would think that the current IP driver would be more than happy to just concentrate on the 12hr race.
Yes, but he may have another 12 hour drive

And it isn't one of the guys that have previously done the 12H
Old 21 Jun 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3424497)   #193
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In regards to confirmed entries - Darren Cox confirmed on Midweek Motorsport, 1 NISMO run GTR for the 2015 12 Hour and potentially a 2nd at a later date.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 10:03 (Ref:3424519)   #194
scudd
Racer

Quote:
In regards to confirmed entries - Darren Cox confirmed on Midweek Motorsport, 1 NISMO run GTR for the 2015 12 Hour and potentially a 2nd at a later date.
Always thought the GTR would return, kelly was mega quick in it. Had heaps of grunt in a straight line, though not the best on fuel IIRC.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3424555)   #195
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:

That's great to hear, I thought they'd come back after their early exit this year, bit of unfinished business. Plenty of potential there.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 23:06 (Ref:3424743)   #196
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Expecting to see Mok turn up with Griffin and a big name factory driver. Can't see it happening, but would love to see the Quinn's split and enter both cars and have the likes of Tander in the Aston.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 04:13 (Ref:3424795)   #197
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post

The answer to this surely lies with whether the organisers see the event's future as a proper 'Class' race, or as a GT3 race with grid fillers if they need them.

If they want the event to stay a 'Class' race, then they need to ensure that the lower class entries are part of the grid mix every year.

If they want it to be GT3 plus leftovers, then they should give priority to GT3 entries, but also be prepared that any entries they turn away now probably won't come back if we get a 2012-like scenario and they are needing non-GT cars to fill the grid.

I would also think it is much better for the event to accept the works Fiat's ahead of another privateer Class B Porsche for example.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 04:18 (Ref:3424796)   #198
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
are we likely to get a maximum grid, didnt get close in the 2014 race and we had a reduction on the 2013 grid
Old 22 Jun 2014, 04:29 (Ref:3424799)   #199
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
With the new prize money I think we'll do better then last year for sure. That ought to tempt some people onto the grid that otherwise would be in two minds. Plus the new coverage by seven would be beneficial for a team looking for sponsors.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 04:42 (Ref:3424803)   #200
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Expecting to see Mok turn up with Griffin and a big name factory driver. .
I wonder if Clearwater would bring two cars? The McLaren too?

I cant wait for them to announce who will drive. I've heard some really REALLY good rumour, but its best to let it get out first.

Whatever happens, it'll be huge.

I've just been doing some Team Vicious Rumour Racing admin, and at this stage we're going to enter as soon as entries open.