Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:37 (Ref:3579145)   #176
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I mean if the race has to be stopped, how long can the suspended period of time be before the race has to resume if it is to run 10 hours?

For example, if the race was stopped at 2:10pm local time (7 hours left), when could it resume so that the remaining 7 hours could be run in full?
I cannot answer this. I was under the impression the race clock would continue running down, no matter the color of flag displayed. It seems likely my understanding is wrong in this instance Let's wait for the first red and see what happens, I guess.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:37 (Ref:3579146)   #177
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Just to keep track of at least some things that did not happen

#33 - should've been black flagged for reversing onto track
#5 - should've had a drive-through (or stop & go / hold) for overtaking under yellow
#90 - should've been black flagged for reversing onto track
#90's team should've be reprimanded for their hilarious driving tips
Does the rule say you're not allowed to reverse ON the track, ONTO the track or both?
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:40 (Ref:3579147)   #178
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It is my understanding that this is exactly what they cannot do (if they stick to their own word, which is a sketchy bet at best admittedly)
Oh, im sure thats what Sportscar 365 said, who knows

Teams who need to make drive time would be smart to put in the slower driver because this yellow will last for a while.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:41 (Ref:3579148)   #179
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Does the rule say you're not allowed to reverse ON the track, ONTO the track or both?
I don't know. The lack of action IMSA-wise suggests IMSA doesn't have a rule. Both cars had where travelling against the race direction under their own power and will, is the point. I'd be surprised if somebody would treat "on" and "onto" differently, frankly, if they were to treat it as something in the first place, that is. WEC at CotA saw #42 get into trouble for rolling down the hill back onto track, for instance.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:43 (Ref:3579149)   #180
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Oh, im sure thats what Sportscar 365 said, who knows
yeah:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton
I was under the impression (...) It seems likely my understanding is wrong in this instance
Obviously I was basing my conversation on outdated memories.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3579150)   #181
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Amazed they are going green, fingers crossed.

What did they think was going to happen?
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3579151)   #182
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
20 seconds later ... car in the wall .. 20 seconds later .. still green...
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3579152)   #183
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
DW stranded on the grass at the outside of T11. Rockenfeller decides Valiante did it wrong and spins in exactly the same place, only fancier.

FCY. Time to watch Pointless Celebrities.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:48 (Ref:3579153)   #184
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don't know. The lack of action IMSA-wise suggests IMSA doesn't have a rule. Both cars had where travelling against the race direction under their own power and will, is the point. I'd be surprised if somebody would treat "on" and "onto" differently, frankly, if they were to treat it as something in the first place, that is. WEC at CotA saw #42 get into trouble for rolling down the hill back onto track, for instance.
Difficult to say people should be black-flagged if we don't know what the rule is - if there even is one. To me there is a difference between 'on' and 'onto'.

Either way this probably needs to be red-flagged.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:48 (Ref:3579154)   #185
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a mess. IMSA is going to have to go red soon. Horrible way to end a great season.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3579155)   #186
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
DW stranded on the grass at the outside of T11. Rockenfeller decides Valiante did it wrong and spins in exactly the same place, only fancier.

FCY. Time to watch Pointless Celebrities.
The #90 might as well be put out of its misery now.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3579156)   #187
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey guys, your tires are cold.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3579158)   #188
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
If IMSA are smart they will red flag this, otherwise they will have 100 more lawsuits like Ben Keatings
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:52 (Ref:3579159)   #189
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is getting rediculous
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:52 (Ref:3579160)   #190
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Difficult to say people should be black-flagged if we don't know what the rule is - if there even is one. To me there is a difference between 'on' and 'onto'.

Either way this probably needs to be red-flagged.
Isn't it usually just about reversing on the track? So it might not be against the rules to reverse back on to the track but the way some of these guys do it is very very questionable.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3579161)   #191
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Quote:
If IMSA are smart ...
I expect to be at least as worried about IMSA's version of "smart" as I am about IMSA's version of "endurance racing"...
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3579162)   #192
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
If IMSA are smart they will red flag this, otherwise they will have 100 more lawsuits like Ben Keatings
Disagree 100%. Clean the track let em race again. Lets see who can tough it out.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:54 (Ref:3579163)   #193
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Isn't it usually just about reversing on the track? So it might not be against the rules to reverse back on to the track but the way some of these guys do it is very very questionable.
Yeah that was the point I was trying to make. Normally you have the no reversing on the track rule to stop people who miss the pit entry reversing I guess.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:54 (Ref:3579164)   #194
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Pretty special when you're watching the 90 backing out of the grass under full course yellow and can hear the freaking race leader coming down the hill on the gas trying to catch the pace car as fast as possible.

To think people have tried to tell me that FCYs are safer than local yellows because they get the track under control right away.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:56 (Ref:3579165)   #195
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even if the #90's pit wall is telling the car to reverse onto the track... do they not know where the field is? Reversing onto the track immediately in front of the leader? Really?
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:56 (Ref:3579166)   #196
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Given that we just had an identical incident and IMSAs reaction to the incident was also identical, that suggests that they feel they're taking the correct actions. The fact that we had the same issue twice, and they did the same thing is completely unacceptable. IMSA clearly have no idea how to run a race safely.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3579167)   #197
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Given that we just had an identical incident and IMSAs reaction to the incident was also identical, that suggests that they feel they're taking the correct actions. The fact that we had the same issue twice, and they did the same thing is completely unacceptable. IMSA clearly have no idea how to run a race safely.
This makes no sense at all.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 17:59 (Ref:3579168)   #198
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
This makes no sense at all.
I wholeheartedly disagree.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 18:00 (Ref:3579169)   #199
DeezPutz
Racer

Quote:
I wholeheartedly disagree.
I disagree with your disagreement.
Old 3 Oct 2015, 18:02 (Ref:3579170)   #200
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Disagree 100%. Clean the track let em race again. Lets see who can tough it out.
Agreed. Let this be a battle of survival like endurance races should be