Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 8 Oct 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1119129)   #176
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it is called WORLD Motorsports Baz...
Old 9 Oct 2004, 07:59 (Ref:1119544)   #177
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

Steve Wood 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thruxton edit for Sky being done early next week.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 21:40 (Ref:1119952)   #178
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes I know Ian, but what about things like Dutch/French/German one make championships, Scandinavian FF championships etc, etc things that would interest the UK enthusiasts. There is some superb stuff out there but it only seems to be stuff that just serves as a programme filler and nothing more.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 21:54 (Ref:1119966)   #179
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I expect it is what they can get footage of at the cheapest prices that really decides what is shown...
Old 11 Oct 2004, 05:36 (Ref:1120782)   #180
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

Britcar Silverstone summary.

Rouses and Wyatt/Simpson retire during qualifying.

Handkammer/Leslie win after brilliant pit-stop strategy.
Seldon/O'Brien second - solid drive
Mercer/Parsons third - strategy again.
Back/Ward/McCormick Ferrari 4th
Allen/Kempton 5th
Paul O'Neill/Fiona Leggate 6th
Single seater ace Ed Moore and absolute beginner Tony Rodriguez - brilliant drive to 7th despite 2-min penalty.
Zak/Barry Linley win class 4 in MG.

Full report in a few days.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 12:28 (Ref:1121040)   #181
DelaRonde
Racer

Canada
Cardiff
DelaRonde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How come MST has nothing yet/at all ??

del
Old 11 Oct 2004, 12:50 (Ref:1121050)   #182
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A real shame for you Del on Sunday-it would have been great to see...and drive I guess! My gripe regarding both Britsport/Britcar. As soon as ALL the drivers names have been found-ie: They must all sign on in the morning so someone has all the names of who are competing. Please can the press/media please be notified with an updated sheet of info. It helps everyone who has to report on such things. I can understand about starting drivers etc as they are last second things but it would be good to know who we are watching/reporting on before the end of the race...and even then its not clear by looking at just surnames on result sheets!
Old 11 Oct 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1121056)   #183
DelaRonde
Racer

Canada
Cardiff
DelaRonde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snapper - yes very frustrating, especially as we had a potential new sponsor turning up with a load of people. I think we managed to seal the deal with the "static display" !! I think the sponsor was impressed with Andy Grant and my display of stoic indifference, when in fact we wanted to thrash the car with the nearest wheelie bin....
Old 11 Oct 2004, 14:33 (Ref:1121100)   #184
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Don't know what you're complaining about Baz - I was commentating on the 5 hour Uniroyal race at Rockingham yesterday and had got no idea who was in any car at any given time, other than the Team Honeywell outfit which I managed to keep track of!
Old 11 Oct 2004, 14:35 (Ref:1121103)   #185
jhawkins
Rookie

jhawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I race in the Gold Arts 100 with the Bristports and have a great time - I would like to see some more promotion of it by the EERC as I think that more people would join in the fun. Great series - I just think it needs a few more people to sing it's praises....
Old 11 Oct 2004, 17:43 (Ref:1121268)   #186
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Funny you should say that Ian, Steve (Wood)asked if I was up for doing the pitlane commentary during the race which sounded like fun."Unfortunately" I had to do the report-and pictures for Autosport and MN so didn't have any time to help out but I'd love to do it at some of the longer races if the offer came up again...at least some of the photographers and reporters would get interviewed if I did it! Mr Pye from Autosport did it in between his races and worked out very well otherwise it would have been difficult. I'm sure you managed to keep yourself awake somehow during those 5 hours Ian? If you need anything from the Festival thought! Think "TH" above is correct in that perhaps the Britsports possibly could do with some more plugging but I'm sure James/John/Steve will be onto that. I wouldn't mind doing half hour or so in the pits at Brands for the Britcar!!
Old 11 Oct 2004, 17:54 (Ref:1121278)   #187
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Baz, I too got asked to do the pit lane commentary, with the threat from Steve about my lift home! I off course had to turn him down too, I don't do public speaking

Quote:
Originally posted by jhawkins
I race in the Gold Arts 100 with the Bristports and have a great time - I would like to see some more promotion of it by the EERC as I think that more people would join in the fun. Great series - I just think it needs a few more people to sing it's praises....
What car/number do you run?
Old 11 Oct 2004, 18:24 (Ref:1121306)   #188
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

Re. the pitlane commentary, you can see the depth of the barrel that was being scraped on Sunday. I also asked Matt Seldon, who hummed and hahed, hoping for somebody else to come along. Thank God for Marcus Pye, who did an outstanding job at short notice. I know that the job is up for grabs at some of the remaining races this year, but commentary is up to the organising club, and not the EERC.

Regarding Britsports promotion, do you mean with drivers/teams, or spectators ? If you mean drivers, then there is nothing better than a fellow competitor to spread the word.

Regarding driver's names, there were several copies of a sheet going round, Baz, and Ian Titchmarsh took mine. I'll try to improve this in the future, but I'm continually belting around like a blue-arsed fly before the race.

You lot are sooo demanding !
Old 11 Oct 2004, 21:03 (Ref:1121520)   #189
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Well thanks Steve! I ended up interviewing most of the drivers anyway doing my own bit. I think Matt wanted to help his dad and also do his own tv stuff. Is there any more news on visiting any of the european circuits next year Steve-Spa was mentioned somewhere along the line?
Old 11 Oct 2004, 22:01 (Ref:1121597)   #190
ChironWSC
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcester UK
ChironWSC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BritSports

We where racing in the Britsport race and had a good time i just wish the 2x45min races would go and we could have the 90min races with refueling and driver changes with out a timed stop so the teams play there parts in the race more aswell. Will some of the end of year races Donington/Brands be 90min?
The best way to attract drivers teams is TV coverage some of the races have been covered i think there was abit on last years end of season races. Has there been any covered this year? Getting Sponsorship would be easy if the class had a bit of TV coverage like BritCar had.
We will be doing the Donington and Brands Races with definatly one car at Donington if not 2 and 2 cars at Brands Just to upset the Big power cars Again

Henry
Old 12 Oct 2004, 06:52 (Ref:1121800)   #191
jhawkins
Rookie

jhawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I run car number 28 in the GoldArts - a black Westfield. I'm the one overtaken by the Caterhams down the straights......until my new engine arrives!

With promotion, I would like to see some TV coverage, as Chiron WSC was saying, it helps with the sponsorship. Hopefully some more profile in the press and on the website. All the reports are mainly of Britcar on the website it would be nice to see a bit more made of Bristsports/GoldArts.
I agree about the drivers promoting it with other competitors. I have been getting different drivers from the other championship I have been running to be my second driver - after that I think there are three or four who are likely to join in next year.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 09:59 (Ref:1121918)   #192
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would probably be right in saying that if you wanted TV coverage then the entry fees would have to go up to cover it - tell me if I'm right?

I am looking at the Production S1 for next year (plus a slight chance of running in some of the Britsports as well!) there a more than enough cars out there which would liven up the whole series (it's very very good anyway) and would see more or less full grids every time out. I suppose each and every one of us should spread the word.
There was only one thing missing on Sunday - the crowds!
I volunteered for marshalling - I know I they feel now especially being on a post on their own for 9 hours!
Looking forward to Croft should be a really good event.

PS. It seems that Thruxton is not like by a lot of people who choose to safe their money (or car!) for other events. Grids always seems lower when a series go's to Thruxton - what do you think? hrug:

Last edited by Wilbo; 12 Oct 2004 at 10:02.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 12:44 (Ref:1122111)   #193
martinparsons
Racer

martinparsons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone.

Several things to say bear with me

If Mr Allan or Mr Kempton read this, many thanks for our little tussle mid race, its great running wheel to wheel with confidence that the other driver is not going to try something silly, thanks guys. (no thanks to the Ferrari who tried to unsuccessfully block me into a backmarker on the start finish straight, wake up pal, we all want to finish but not at the expense of an accident).

This ones for James, I talked with quite a few "pro" & "gentleman" drivers on Sunday and the general thought seems to be that the Croft night race is not such a good idea, most drivers do not know croft as well as they do other circuits and racing at night there may prove to be a little tricky, I hope they are wrong, for me I have raced quite a lot there and its not an issue, but would be interested to hear what others readers think of this matter.

Finally many thanks to James, John, Steve and all the other guys and gals involved for a great meeting on Sunday.

MP.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 18:32 (Ref:1122462)   #194
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

I'll try to answer as many questions as I can :-

2005 Calendar - Any news will be on the EERC, which is where I get my info from !

2x45 minute races - necessary because not all of the cars have dry-break fuelling systems, particularly the Gold Arts competitors.

I'll anticipate a further question - Why mix Britsports and Gold Arts ? Answer - to fill the grid. We tried once to mix Britsports and Britcar, but the saloon drivers were concerned because they can't see sportscars in their mirrors.

Croft night race - not the EERC's idea, but a request by the BARC, reason unknown to me, presumably to incorporate a few more single-seater races into the programme, or prove to the BRSCC that they're not the only ones breaking new ground.

Britsports reports on the website - new site under construction - coverage of Britsports/Gold Arts assured.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 19:14 (Ref:1122512)   #195
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

Sorry, forgot the TV costs question.

Yes, we have to pay to be seen on the box, and we also have to get a production company interested enough to think its worth televising. I really don't know the future of the TV coverage.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 21:00 (Ref:1122612)   #196
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Martin, don't thing Andy or Dave reads this site-but I'll tell them about it! Your right as well-they are fine gentlemen!! Looking forward to the two mags this week. Only problem it would need at least 1500/2000 words to cover a Britcar/Sport meeting properly in words but unfortunately the mags have no more than 200/250 to spare...better than none at all though!
Old 13 Oct 2004, 10:48 (Ref:1123048)   #197
martinparsons
Racer

cheers baz

MP
Old 13 Oct 2004, 12:01 (Ref:1123106)   #198
KennyG
Racer

KennyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be covering this meeting at Croft. I am looking forward to the night racing having sorted out my warmest woollies and flasks of hot drinks. Take sympathy on a teeth chattering photographer if he comes poking his lens in your direction.

Professional Motorsport Photographer
Old 13 Oct 2004, 12:33 (Ref:1123139)   #199
martinparsons
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by KennyG
Take sympathy on a teeth chattering photographer if he comes poking his lens in your direction.
I'll take sympathy on anyone after 7 o'clock when i'm finished driving as long as they got a hip flask of whiskey

MP
Old 13 Oct 2004, 12:38 (Ref:1123145)   #200
KennyG
Racer

KennyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As one of my flasks will have coffee, how about an Irish version?

Professional Motorsport Photographer