Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Mar 2006, 14:12 (Ref:1564202)   #176
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good entry list!

I don't think there will be many (if any) complaints.........?
Old 29 Mar 2006, 14:17 (Ref:1564205)   #177
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hoped to see PSI Corverre C6.R on the list
Old 29 Mar 2006, 14:50 (Ref:1564223)   #178
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Question ..... with respect to Russian Age and Larbre and their new DBR9's ..... can they change the car ? I know that you cant change class , like Chamberlain . But can you change from a Ferrari 550 to a DBR9 ?

If thats the case , there could be as many a 6 Aston Martins there !!!

Something always drops out , so I reckon the 2nd Creation will get in .
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:01 (Ref:1564227)   #179
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When's the official release time/date of the list?

(If someone wants to PM me the list (or a link it) then I won't be offended)
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1564231)   #180
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
See panoz LMP1 post above, and click on LIST.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:08 (Ref:1564235)   #181
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe its just me having the hump cos creation never got there second entry after commiting 2 cars for the season..But

Who Are WR Racing ? What have they entered ? (apart from Sebring which they never got to) Why do they get an entry. I could be wrong but I cant see them on any lists ?

pls dont shout at me its just a question ?
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:11 (Ref:1564236)   #182
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
oh yeah sorry forgot to add 1 panoz V 8 Porsches ?? where is the "Variety" there
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1564239)   #183
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WR are a local team with a long history (as both WR and WM) in the 24hrs, so its not surprising to see them in the list, and personally I think they are one of the 'characters' that make the race such a unique event.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:36 (Ref:1564250)   #184
eddsc
Racer

eddsc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One WR was on the list released at the end of January. The latest list has an embargo on it until March 30.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:36 (Ref:1564251)   #185
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ250575
oh yeah sorry forgot to add 1 panoz V 8 Porsches ?? where is the "Variety" there
I have absolutly no problem with that at all . It probably has to do with Multimatic only asked for 1 entry and the majority of GT2 teams are running the 911 . What would you let in but for the 911 ?

There are 2 Panoz , 1 for Team LNT and 1 from Multimatic .

Can somebody please tell me what exactly the Lister LMP1 has "ever" done to get an entry over the second Creation ? This should be interesting !!!
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:36 (Ref:1564253)   #186
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I clicked on the link, but did not see the list...

However, I believe that this list was supposed to be "Embargoed" for release on March 30th....

My calendar says it is still March 29th....

Outlets should not release materials before the date and time specified in an embargo request...

It is not professional, IMO....and that is my professional opinion, since I am in media relations as a career, and have been for 25 years.

FWIW

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1564268)   #187
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
WR are a local team with a long history (as both WR and WM) in the 24hrs, so its not surprising to see them in the list, and personally I think they are one of the 'characters' that make the race such a unique event.
thanks for that..as ive stated before ive been in the f1 wilderness for to long and am only recently getiing back into sportscar (at last ive seen the light) I see a good point there to them having an entry then
Old 29 Mar 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1564411)   #188
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Somebody Erik Comas manages in Japan, maybe? Benoit Treluyer would be awesome, actually.

I wish Henri wouldn't be so oddly vindictive though. JCB certainly has shown that he deserves to be there, since he made his return. Everyone makes mistakes, even if Henri doesn't believe he ever did. Ayari has huge amounts of natural pace. Much like Cottaz with Courage, we're robbed of a chance to see a genuine talent at Le Mans, especially since Ayari won't be in an Oreca Saleen there either.
Franck Montagny?
Old 29 Mar 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1564414)   #189
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Can somebody please tell me what exactly the Lister LMP1 has "ever" done to get an entry over the second Creation ? This should be interesting !!!
Last year I was skeptical about Lister's efforts and whether they deserved a Le Mans entry, especially when they chose to do Vallelunga rather than Istanbul, but thinking about it now the car does add a degree of variety to the grid and in that they probably deserve an entry - after all - it is the sheer cosmopolitan richness of different chassis etc that makes Le Mans and sportscar racing in general so enjoyable for me.

Equally Creation, while they've shown themselves very able over the last couple of years and have clearly got a cracking car, have yet to show they can effectively run a two car team. Further, if there's not a dropout between now and June letting it in I'll genuinely be staggered.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1564419)   #190
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Question ..... with respect to Russian Age and Larbre and their new DBR9's ..... can they change the car ? I know that you cant change class , like Chamberlain . But can you change from a Ferrari 550 to a DBR9 ?

If thats the case , there could be as many a 6 Aston Martins there !!!
Teams can apply to the ACO for permission to change from one car/marque to another, provided the car is eligible for the same class as their original entry.

Russian Age have already applied to change the 550 to a DBR9. I believe this change has now been made, so two DBR9's for Russian Age at Le Mans and I wouldn't bet against Larbre doing the same. Certainly five, and as you say, possibly six DBR9's at Le Mans this year.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1564512)   #191
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Equally Creation, while they've shown themselves very able over the last couple of years and have clearly got a cracking car, have yet to show they can effectively run a two car team.
Creation have run two cars in the past (FIA GT) They know how to do it and can harness the resources to make it happen. Rollcentre got two entries last year despite not running a pair of P-cars before.

The only P1 entry that I feel hard to justify is the Swiss Spirit entry. They have no history as a team nor in endurace racing. Who/what are they? Reminds me of Spinnaker Clandesteam a few years ago. Yes they have a brand new Courage (but there are already 2 of them in the entry from the manufacturer). Nice car but slow...compared to the Creation 06H. Sometime it does my head in.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 21:38 (Ref:1564523)   #192
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Maybe because the car actually existed when the first 38 cars were revealed. I would take a similarly prudent view.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1564524)   #193
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What does Creation do? Prepare two cars / sets of drivers etc? Plenty of reserves have made it on to the grid previously.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1564550)   #194
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's Thursday right? Here is the list: link
Old 29 Mar 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1564554)   #195
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
RobertPrange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandijk
It's Thursday right? Here is the list: link
Yep it is!

Heres "our" version of the list including a written review of the entrys

I guarantee its legal now
Old 29 Mar 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1564583)   #196
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Creation have run two cars in the past (FIA GT) They know how to do it and can harness the resources to make it happen. Rollcentre got two entries last year despite not running a pair of P-cars before.

The only P1 entry that I feel hard to justify is the Swiss Spirit entry. They have no history as a team nor in endurace racing. Who/what are they? Reminds me of Spinnaker Clandesteam a few years ago. Yes they have a brand new Courage (but there are already 2 of them in the entry from the manufacturer). Nice car but slow...compared to the Creation 06H. Sometime it does my head in.
I reckon they got in because they will be the only Swiss entry , and im delighted for them . This deal has been put together over a long period of time and does not lack in money from what ive heard .... please , dont mention that Spinnaker shower , that was a crock !!! History as a team , you obviously dont know who is running them then , quite a history .

As for Creation , they in my book , have nothing to prove . While the Lister is going nowhere . Mark my words , they havent done nothing yet , and wont . I just have no faith in that car anymore , nice car , no money and no proof , sorry , no biscuit !!! It will be playing around with the GT1 , if their lucky .

As for 3 LC70 Courages ..... how about a possible 6 DBR9 then ?
Old 29 Mar 2006, 22:45 (Ref:1564591)   #197
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
but thinking about it now the car does add a degree of variety to the grid and in that they probably deserve an entry
Variety ..... I would much prefer a car that can take the fight to Audi , far better that Variety and im not going on about wanting 10 Courage LC70 either on the grid .

I remember back in the 90's , when a converted Nissan group C car was let in under the famous name of BRM and what happened on the first lap ? Retired , thats why I would prefer to see the other Creation get that entry over the Lister . Lister dont even race the dam thing !!!
Old 29 Mar 2006, 23:01 (Ref:1564604)   #198
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and let's not forget that the Courage is a LMP1 car .. if I would be the ACO i would prefer an LMP1 car over a Hybrid which wont race next year .. this way in some sort of way i'm "training" a 2007 entry

Ciao Marco
Old 29 Mar 2006, 23:44 (Ref:1564633)   #199
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Variety ..... I would much prefer a car that can take the fight to Audi , far better that Variety and im not going on about wanting 10 Courage LC70 either on the grid .

I remember back in the 90's , when a converted Nissan group C car was let in under the famous name of BRM and what happened on the first lap ? Retired , thats why I would prefer to see the other Creation get that entry over the Lister . Lister dont even race the dam thing !!!
Lister have won far more and have a pedigree Creation can only dream of, 'at this time'.

They have won British and FIA GT championships, Creation haven't even won an international race yet, although I have little doubt they will.

It's harsh to judge a team on the basis of one outing (Silverstone) with a new car. Now the FIA GT program is out of the way they have a relatively well funded, full program for 2006.

Creation haven't even run two LMP's yet, so giving them two Le Mans entries would be a little generous.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 23:48 (Ref:1564636)   #200
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendid Cat
What does Creation do? Prepare two cars / sets of drivers etc? Plenty of reserves have made it on to the grid previously.
They will run two cars in the LMS, so that shouldn't be a problem.