Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 27 Feb 2024, 00:58 (Ref:4198424)   #1976
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crikey.... I hate the wheels,/ Rims./ Tyres, /Rims with elastic bands on them. (Delete as applicable)
They just look wrong. The car needs to be beige. With velour seats. And a vinyl roof.
Old 27 Feb 2024, 03:31 (Ref:4198430)   #1977
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Something older and becoming weirdly common in Atlanta

It's got NY plates on her so the rust hand underneath must be strong
Old 27 Feb 2024, 08:35 (Ref:4198447)   #1978
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The car needs to be beige. With velour seats. And a vinyl roof.
Can you add what is called here "continental kit", spare wheel outside and rear bumper accondingly with exhausts inside the bananas. Could you add rear-hinged rear doors too, unless it a coupé like the Thunderbird for instace? Thanks for your help, E.B!
Old 27 Feb 2024, 08:42 (Ref:4198448)   #1979
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It's got NY plates on her so the rust hand underneath must be strong
Pininfarina Spider Europa or Azzura, right? You didn't have to ask for rust as an option, they were delivered already rusted, was part of weight reduction program while U drive. Or not.
Old 27 Feb 2024, 09:52 (Ref:4198456)   #1980
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
This picture says Macon, Georgia to me...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Another truly awful vehicle. Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Today I saw the bookends on 2-door vehicle length. No drivers were around when I was taking their cars pictures, so I had to flip off the people walking by.

Bizarrely I don't mind that. Providing you're not in a hurry and don't intend on going around any corners I'm sure it's a good car for summer cruising around.
Old 27 Feb 2024, 12:36 (Ref:4198482)   #1981
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Caddy also drinks lots of fuel. Not sure why we can't all agree to just call it "fuel", to add to the gas v petrol convo
Old 27 Feb 2024, 13:16 (Ref:4198488)   #1982
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The Caddy also drinks lots of fuel. Not sure why we can't all agree to just call it "fuel", to add to the gas v petrol convo
I prefer dino juice, but mostly cause I remember these, well and Hess and Exxon, and who doesn't want to support the Mormons right?

Ok, the guys from Sinclair where terrible at being Mormons but it's fun to make people afraid cause Mormons
Old 27 Feb 2024, 15:54 (Ref:4198509)   #1983
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This picture says Macon, Georgia to me...
Look at those RIMS!
Old 27 Feb 2024, 16:58 (Ref:4198525)   #1984
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fuel is generally what I use. Back in the early days of motoring there was Pratts Motor Spirit.

https://images.app.goo.gl/1gJQr69vT4b4GwHFA
Old 27 Feb 2024, 20:42 (Ref:4198564)   #1985
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Did you have the french brand ANTAR fuel and oils reaching your shores? https://www.cafe-racer-bretagne.com/...le-lamine.html
Old 27 Feb 2024, 21:06 (Ref:4198569)   #1986
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No idea, but then again Pratts went bang before I was born. We had Regent petrol and of course Mobil, with the Pegasus branding.
Old 28 Feb 2024, 10:28 (Ref:4198623)   #1987
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I can't remember what I used for my cars in my youth. May be Motul 2100 M for my 122 S and Veedol too. Antar molygraphite had a reputation among Cirtoën owners world.
Old 29 Feb 2024, 17:40 (Ref:4198935)   #1988
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are several jokes I can think of, one includes George Costanza.
Old 29 Feb 2024, 20:50 (Ref:4198972)   #1989
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is about a car that is being advertised on the TV currently. It's for a Skoda, and the wording under the picture of the car states: "...... shown with optional paint".

Now, I know what they actually mean, however factually it reads as though you could buy the car unpainted.

Things like that annoy me after being brought up to speak and write "proper". It seems that more and more that people are becoming economical with words as if there wasn't enough air in the world to fully explain themselves. And, yet, at the same time youngsters are injecting the word "like" it almost every sentence they utter, and sometimes multiple times in a sentence.

Thank you for taking the time to read my rant.
Old 29 Feb 2024, 20:56 (Ref:4198973)   #1990
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Your rant is welcome, Mike. I like it!
Old 1 Mar 2024, 02:55 (Ref:4199011)   #1991
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Old land yacht days
Old 1 Mar 2024, 15:46 (Ref:4199142)   #1992
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
There are several jokes I can think of, one includes George Costanza.
You're their best seller!
Old 2 Mar 2024, 03:13 (Ref:4199251)   #1993
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
You're their best seller!
Interestingly, that's the nickname for his house around town.
Old 2 Mar 2024, 03:20 (Ref:4199252)   #1994
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
This is about a car that is being advertised on the TV currently. It's for a Skoda, and the wording under the picture of the car states: "...... shown with optional paint".

Now, I know what they actually mean, however factually it reads as though you could buy the car unpainted.

Things like that annoy me after being brought up to speak and write "proper". It seems that more and more that people are becoming economical with words as if there wasn't enough air in the world to fully explain themselves. And, yet, at the same time youngsters are injecting the word "like" it almost every sentence they utter, and sometimes multiple times in a sentence.

I enjoyed your Ted Talk but can't say anything about your point because much of this comes from my people. And I like it. Be direct. Say what you mean with as few words as possible.

For example, if someone says gas or petrol, I've known so many Brits and consume so much content/entertainment from there, I don't even hear it. I just know what you mean.

Also, my current truck has an $800 paint option on it. That was back in 2011. Since then they have painted over a half million trucks that color. Not cars, just trucks. $800? Really?
Old 2 Mar 2024, 03:27 (Ref:4199253)   #1995
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And it doesn't actually mean the alterative is no paint. Unless you falsely infer it.

Oh and Skodas are great
Old 2 Mar 2024, 03:27 (Ref:4199254)   #1996
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And it doesn't actually mean the alterative is no paint. Unless you read it wrong.

Last edited by Adam43; 2 Mar 2024 at 18:52. Reason: or typed is wrong a long time ago.
Old 2 Mar 2024, 04:14 (Ref:4199258)   #1997
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
And it doesn't actually mean the alterative is no paint. Unless you read it long.

If you were able to option one with no paint in reality, it would be awesome though. I've never seen a Skoda in person, but the Octavia wagon from 20 years ago or so... thumbs up!
Old 2 Mar 2024, 04:20 (Ref:4199259)   #1998
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I enjoyed your Ted Talk but can't say anything about your point because much of this comes from my people. And I like it. Be direct. Say what you mean with as few words as possible.

For example, if someone says gas or petrol, I've known so many Brits and consume so much content/entertainment from there, I don't even hear it. I just know what you mean.

Also, my current truck has an $800 paint option on it. That was back in 2011. Since then they have painted over a half million trucks that color. Not cars, just trucks. $800? Really?
And I don't mean to belittle your grievance either, Mike. There are lots of things exactly like this about life that stick in my craw every. single. day.
Old 2 Mar 2024, 09:18 (Ref:4199288)   #1999
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Phew, think I got away with my rant!
Old 2 Mar 2024, 18:19 (Ref:4199572)   #2000
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
It's not new that all new cars have special paints as an option. You could have them white but it's never available. And about paint, I find the quality awful. Ask any restaurer, he will tell you about orange skin or paint roller aspect.