Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Jun 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3270164)   #2001
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
The results of the 24h race are not yet final it would seem. I have been told that the #26 G-Drive Racing Oreca (3rd in the LMP2 class) and #92 Porsche Team Manthey (winner in the GTE-Pro class) have been held under scrutiny for some time. Has anybody heard some news in that respect ?
Old 26 Jun 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3270205)   #2002
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Told by whom?
Old 27 Jun 2013, 05:47 (Ref:3270309)   #2003
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Told by whom?
This is not first-hand information and this is why I ask if somebody has heard anything. This may just be a rumour, but it's curious at least to note that the results are not yet final. So what is going on ?
Old 27 Jun 2013, 05:58 (Ref:3270310)   #2004
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
This is not first-hand information and this is why I ask if somebody has heard anything. This may just be a rumour, but it's curious at least to note that the results are not yet final. So what is going on ?
Back in 2010 the results weren't final for about a month because the top two GT2 cars had their engines taken by the ACO for VERY close scrutiny; about a month later, both teams had the engines returned after inspections found no irregularities, and the results stood. I would imagine it might be another random inspection of this kind if it is the case. If it had been any visible rule transgression, the cars would have already been DSQed.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3270626)   #2005
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know if anyone's read this article but it makes for some interesting reading.

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...ejerk-changes/
Old 27 Jun 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3270952)   #2006
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/06/28/...-for-simonsen/
Old 28 Jun 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3271073)   #2007
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very nicely done - well done those guys.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3271087)   #2008
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Delta-ADR loses P2 podium: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108341
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:01 (Ref:3271088)   #2009
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hmmm. Do they not check the tank during scrutineering?

My goodness, Alex is going to be devastated!
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3271109)   #2010
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's taken a few days to sort out, shame for Mike Conway, but nice for Jann Mardenborough to have a podium in his first try and a second one for Lucas Ordonez.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3271111)   #2011
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If it was just an oversight by the team (it shouldn't have been, of course), you have to feel for the drivers - all that hard work and ultimately nothing to show for it.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 11:38 (Ref:3271166)   #2012
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
3rd placed P2 Excluded...

Illegal fuel tank, it seems...
http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/20...746_11544.html

This makes it a tenths pit visit 1-2-3...

They should be queueing out the door for us to visit next year.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 12:09 (Ref:3271180)   #2013
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Mentioned in the race thread Tim (and now merged).
Old 28 Jun 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3271332)   #2014
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Excellent 27 minute post race interview with Allan McNish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30-Ny_GilaE&sns=fb
Old 28 Jun 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3271336)   #2015
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Attendance: 245,000

From: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...3622911&type=1
Old 28 Jun 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3271398)   #2016
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Did not notis that the German flag was udside down. An error or is there a meaning to this that i dont know?
Old 29 Jun 2013, 00:29 (Ref:3271438)   #2017
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
Did not notis that the German flag was udside down. An error or is there a meaning to this that i dont know?
An error, I believe.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 08:40 (Ref:3271535)   #2018
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I first thought it was for Allan Simonsen, but didn't see that mentioned anywhere so I suppose it was an error.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3271555)   #2019
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a glaring error that I think is pretty astonishing. I mean that's really bread and butter stuff, isn't it?

I was similarly unimpressed with the ACO rumbling the 90th anniversary cars down the grid in the middle of the US national anthem. Everyone else got to have their own national anthem heard properly, but that was a pretty strange and disrespectful move for me. Come on ACO, these people are your guests in your country.

They handled the tragic news pretty well overall (though I can't remember it being announced in English...and there's an English announcer there), but the ACO lacked a touch of class in other aspects of the overall running of the event this year.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3271557)   #2020
AndyN
Rookie

England
Somerset, naturalised
AndyN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am surprised that the attendance was quoted at 245,000, didn't seem anywhere near as busy as some years....
Old 29 Jun 2013, 12:37 (Ref:3271570)   #2021
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
They handled the tragic news pretty well overall (though I can't remember it being announced in English...and there's an English announcer there), but the ACO lacked a touch of class in other aspects of the overall running of the event this year.
Before the podium celebrations, a man announced the death of Allan in both english and french.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3271621)   #2022
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, I saw that on Speed, where they had Jacky Ickx invoked the crowd into a round of applause for Allan in both French and English immediately before the podium celebrations.

However, reading some of this stuff, though, it seems that the ACO and the FIA were kinda let downs as far as some detail things that shouldn't have been overlooked as far as it being the 90th anniversary of the LM24.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3272687)   #2023
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It was a glaring error that I think is pretty astonishing. I mean that's really bread and butter stuff, isn't it?

I was similarly unimpressed with the ACO rumbling the 90th anniversary cars down the grid in the middle of the US national anthem. Everyone else got to have their own national anthem heard properly, but that was a pretty strange and disrespectful move for me. Come on ACO, these people are your guests in your country.

The Union flag was also upside down for the GB national anthem, one of my pet hates .
Old 2 Jul 2013, 06:52 (Ref:3272753)   #2024
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
The Union flag was also upside down for the GB national anthem, one of my pet hates .

I believe that, at sea, flying the Union Flag upside down isa sign that a vessel is in distress and in need of assistance - perhaps not inappropriate, although I doubt whether the ACO see it that way
Old 2 Jul 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3272768)   #2025
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting. Flying the Union Flag upside down at LM usually indicates a rabble of drunken feckless Brits who shouldn't be allowed back across the Channel.