Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Nov 2012, 01:52 (Ref:3168866)   #2076
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
If they had been even at the GTOpen on 2012, it would seem strange that AFCorse are not present in such a small GT world.
Well AF Corse did multiple GT championships simultaneously this year so I cant see why they wont do that next year. Maybe with one gun like Vilander and the rest pay drivers like this year. Must be a good source of money with all the gentlemen drivers they race, in all probability helps fund the WEC GTE programme.

Quote:
Prodrive should enter themselves, as have done with Young driver.
Cant see Prodrive entering themselves, they'd only do that to show off the car to prospective customers and people have already started buying and racing the car so theres no need to do that. Young Driver have gone to ADAC GT Masters so cant see them leaving that unless its a semi works deal like previous years in FIA GT1 with Turner, Mucke, Enge etc

Quote:
Ratel claims they will return, as it's a Spanish team, I must question this every moment, since here things are very complicated like will happen with HRT.
I question this too with the state of the Spanish economy I really cant see anything on this front (unless Ratel pays them to race again).

Quote:
GT3 racing now is cheap for Audi, they will enter sure.
Well they didnt win the title this year which is one they didnt win amongst many so Im sure they'll be back hopefully with Ortelli.

Quote:
I don't count on Albert Von Thurn und Taxis after the withdrawal at mid season, he had better do full BES maybe with a second Reiter car, unless he takes very seriously Sprints, neither Hayek as a Driver, but a Full Blancpain support as with my avatar did, would provide a nice livery sure, like Reiter at BES does.
IMHO Hayek prefers endurance so BES for him, unsure of VTT, why did he pull out mid season? Was it something to do with Reiter or was he just too busy business wise?
Old 20 Nov 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3169000)   #2077
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Cant see Prodrive entering themselves, they'd only do that to show off the car to prospective customers and people have already started buying and racing the car so theres no need to do that. Young Driver have gone to ADAC GT Masters so cant see them leaving that unless its a semi works deal like previous years in FIA GT1 with Turner, Mucke, Enge etc
It would be in my view a perfect way to promote the Vantage V12 GT3 that Semi-work team, I hope they ever consider this option (Wthout Enge which is suspended in this case).

Quote:

IMHO Hayek prefers endurance so BES for him, unsure of VTT, why did he pull out mid season? Was it something to do with Reiter or was he just too busy business wise?
In case of Hayek i think is more a wise marketing strategy, he is undoubtfull an AM cause his main work is being the CEO of Blancpain, and maybe is one of the best AM's of his series with a good pro codrivers he opts to win the series he promotes, its a perfect combination, and with difference with AVTUT he trully seems to be a Busy person, since AVTUT probably has lots of advisors to manage his wealth, and Hayek looks like he does it himself, he can't do both series together.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3169008)   #2078
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It would be in my view a perfect way to promote the Vantage V12 GT3 that Semi-work team, I hope they ever consider this option (Wthout Enge which is suspended in this case).
Forgot about Enge . I think Young Driver would be a perfect fit for this but they're preoccupied with ADAC GT Masters (well this year-not sure about next) and without Aston's support like they had in FIA GT1 then I dont think they would switch. At least with the Stuck brothers racing for them they fit the wording of 'Young Driver' a bit more then in previous years

Quote:
In case of Hayek i think is more a wise marketing strategy, he is undoubtfull an AM cause his main work is being the CEO of Blancpain, and maybe is one of the best AM's of his series with a good pro codrivers he opts to win the series he promotes, its a perfect combination, and with difference with AVTUT he trully seems to be a Busy person, since AVTUT probably has lots of advisors to manage his wealth, and Hayek looks like he does it himself, he can't do both series together.
Hayek surprised me with his skill behind the wheel and he seems to really enjoy himself, I think we'll see him racing again next year, its just a matter of with which series. I enjoy having Von Thurn und Taxis around, he's a prince, he brings money to Reiter so they (through him) can race and he provides moments of entertainment like last year at Spa

I hope we see Reiter in either series next year, they were a last minute addition to World GT so maybe if they concentrate on one series they might go better.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3169018)   #2079
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Hayek surprised me with his skill behind the wheel and he seems to really enjoy himself, I think we'll see him racing again next year, its just a matter of with which series. I enjoy having Von Thurn und Taxis around, he's a prince, he brings money to Reiter so they (through him) can race and he provides moments of entertainment like last year at Spa
That's the key about Albert, he is one of the wealthiest non Royal fortunes of the world, the amount of expectation about him is impressive, you only 've got to see when he had the serious accident all the motorsport media around the world commented that, for sure that was the most seen video of the GT World media and that remembers me why the media calls a "circus" to F1, Just navigate throught the GT1 Youtube video channel and just see, the AVTUT accident is the most seen video and the second video is the funny how many girls can you get in the Reiter Lamborghini. Believe me, to reach the F1 audience a little of circus is needed.

Quote:

I hope we see Reiter in either series next year, they were a last minute addition to World GT so maybe if they concentrate on one series they might go better.
I expect reiter to enter sure, in fact what i've heard is that they've left the ADAC GT and they told Ratel they were interested in international champs, to promote the Lamborghini racing cars, logically if they have recently launch their Chinese version of their site.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3169266)   #2080
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
I expect reiter to enter sure, in fact what i've heard is that they've left the ADAC GT and they told Ratel they were interested in international champs, to promote the Lamborghini racing cars, logically if they have recently launch their Chinese version of their site.
I believe there is (or plans for) a Asian Super Trofeo Gallardo challenge like the one in Europe. And theres plans for a series in the U.S also. A good money maker for Reiter.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3169443)   #2081
Nic_O
Rookie

France
Nic_O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last week, Sébastien Loeb said to Auto Hebdo that he was looking at the SRO sprint series, because he wants to share a car with a pro driver.
And this week, he says that he will be in a GT next year, with his team and a "Platinum" teammate. It would be a great addition to the series, and I suppose it may be with the McLaren.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3169465)   #2082
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Wow, Loeb on GT Racing!! I though mclaren had a quite a succesful team with 2012 group, Maybe Parente or Mako leave hexis.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 16:41 (Ref:3169476)   #2083
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Or maybe there are two mclaren teams.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3169827)   #2084
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Thats quite possible. Dont know Hexis plans but hopefully they dont go to International GT Open and stay with SRO series, which ever series, sprint or endurance. Its great to have someone of Loebs stature want to race there, look at the extra attention Rossi grabs when he races in BES.

Read in Autosport also that WRT will do both Sprint and BES.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 15:39 (Ref:3169868)   #2085
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Motorpasion, points towards GT Open and cites Loeb claiming a championship of 8 Rounds, GT world has 7* Rounds.

http://www.motorpasionf1.com/pilotos...xima-temporada

Confused

*http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/20...f-gt1-chapter/
*http://www.motorsport.com/business/n...lans-for-2013/
Old 22 Nov 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3169871)   #2086
trickyd
Racer

trickyd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
hopefully they dont go to International GT Open and stay with SRO series, which ever series, sprint or endurance.
Why?
Old 22 Nov 2012, 16:15 (Ref:3169882)   #2087
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyd View Post
Why?
Cause they (Fairly or unfairly) mix GTE with GT3 I suppose? For me apart from that actually they are copy and paste.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3169890)   #2088
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Cause they (Fairly or unfairly) mix GTE with GT3 I suppose? For me apart from that actually they are copy and paste.
They don't though, GT Open have GTE cars in the Super GT class and GT3 cars in the GTS class
Old 22 Nov 2012, 17:24 (Ref:3169915)   #2089
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
could be something like 7 sprint races + Spa 24 or something along these lines.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3169918)   #2090
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
could be something like 7 sprint races + Spa 24 or something along these lines.
So you suggest (They are planning) both GT world and BES may merge at the Spa event?
Old 22 Nov 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3169953)   #2091
Nic_O
Rookie

France
Nic_O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Motorpasion, points towards GT Open and cites Loeb claiming a championship of 8 Rounds, GT world has 7* Rounds.

http://www.motorpasionf1.com/pilotos...xima-temporada

Confused

*http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/20...f-gt1-chapter/
*http://www.motorsport.com/business/n...lans-for-2013/

Loeb doesn't say how many rounds he will be doing this year in the original article.
I think it may be the SRO Sprint Series because that's the only thing he talked about a week ago ( With WTCC testing ).
Old 22 Nov 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3169972)   #2092
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A good money maker for Reiter.
Not really...as Reiter doesn't build the Super Trofeo cars...
Old 22 Nov 2012, 20:17 (Ref:3169975)   #2093
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
So you suggest (They are planning) both GT world and BES may merge at the Spa event?
sorry, not quite sure what you mean but not saying that's their plan, just that 8 races (if it is 8 races!) wouldn't mean GT Open necessarily.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3169976)   #2094
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
sorry, not quite sure what you mean but not saying that's their plan, just that 8 races (if it is 8 races!) wouldn't mean GT Open necessarily.
Okay i don't mind MP logics, but apart from that has anyone seriously said that GT World or SRO sprint series will have spa? i think that would be impressive for the spa event mainly, so it is remmarkable if this is true.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3169977)   #2095
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Lamborghini themselves?
Old 22 Nov 2012, 20:33 (Ref:3169978)   #2096
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyd View Post
Why?
I'd rather them stay with sro and race in BES, a really strong McLaren team is needed there. Look at what happened at Navarra this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Doh! How long has that been the case?
Old 22 Nov 2012, 21:31 (Ref:3169990)   #2097
FLORENT MOULIN
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
FLORENT MOULIN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Righto, I understand now. Its a shame JRM dont have the funding to run the GTR GT3 in Blancpain or even BGT but on the other hand it means we see another quality petrol powered privateer in LMP1 and we all the privateer LMP1 entries we can find right now.

Dont worry Ratel will start up another GT revival series in the next decade or so and the first meeting will have a good grid and then it'll just die out.

In all seriousness I would dearly love to see the same thing happen, there are plenty of Vipers, Saleens and Corvettes around along with the odd Lister so we'll see them out in historic racing yet. I see one of the beautiful Oreca Vipers was out at HSR at Daytona, I think its owned by a tenther.

Hi

Yes was there with C27, good fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS2OrWOTv9Y

Keep the passion burning

Florent
Old 22 Nov 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3170010)   #2098
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lamborghini themselves?
Correct, built in Sant'Agata Bolognese

Quote:
Doh! How long has that been the case?
Since the first season of Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo ;-)
Old 22 Nov 2012, 23:47 (Ref:3170028)   #2099
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Then, if we are strict, their museum is incomplete, there is no Gallardo Supertrofeo (I think) and should be there xD.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 23:08 (Ref:3170373)   #2100
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
GTKers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loeb already contested in the GT Open with Dani Sordo in 2010....
And personally, GT Open is way better than the ipotetic sprint series which till now has no interest at all even on the same old gt1 teams.......