Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 6 Feb 2013, 00:27 (Ref:3199930)   #2101
ATM
Rookie

ATM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TLX#20

Build cost is $200 plus and the plus is over half way to 300. This car has been built twice as a NZv8 TLX with old running gear ,wired twice and re powered with all the latest spec etc ,also includes the rebuilding of the old motor and gearbox and even the origional Dry sump system was not suitable for the Coyote. The Motor was the standard Coyote and we ordered all the latest spec Boss heads,trick Cams and other internals so we could get the horse power required. the Intake manifold is standard Boss. Track Sport engines built the Boss motor for us.The car is no longer Orange!!!
Old 6 Feb 2013, 00:38 (Ref:3199934)   #2102
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
Roger
You continually make references to TMC/MPL and it's losses to member clubs although it is probably the wrong thread here are some information for you to consider.

1. MSNZ (member clubs) had the controlling shareholding in the company so they effectivily put the company into receivership when there were in my opinion other options.
2. MSNZ (member clubs) have always had a measure of control over the company and in some cases when it used that control it put the company into loss making situations.
3. MSNZ (member clubs) and club shareholders made large profits from the activities company over the years far outweighing any losses.

So is the company soley responsible I dont think so.

And no I'm not going to go into an in depth debate over it.
Bill, you are probably correct in that this is the wrong forum to discuss this matter. I have an opposing view to yours based on information I have. Perhaps we can have a chat about it over the weekend as I'll be racing at Levels.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 01:15 (Ref:3199951)   #2103
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Mike View Post
Can anyone answer the below for me. If this is true then we have a lot of answers at last re the ethic of the current executive.

QUOTE=KRDG;3197023]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz
Janet Phipps
Somerset Heights, Hamilton
Mob: 021 367 526
Email: jan.steve@xtra.co.nz

who husband works for M Fine MAP and Co, Hamilton............

Are you saying Janet Phipps husband works for Martin Fine?
Janet being married to a person who works at MAP Associates has no effect on my ethics at all. Racer Mike; it's obvious that you hate MSNZ, do you really have to take every opportunity to find any remote reason to take a dig?
Maybe I shouldn't answer this post as that will just encourage you, and probably I have just contravened instructions.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 01:22 (Ref:3199953)   #2104
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Janet being married to a person who works at MAP Associates has no effect on my ethics at all. Racer Mike; it's obvious that you hate MSNZ, do you really have to take every opportunity to find any remote reason to take a dig?
Maybe I shouldn't answer this post as that will just encourage you, and probably I have just contravened instructions.
Quite right Crunch.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 04:33 (Ref:3199980)   #2105
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,
Havn't posted in a while, I am overseas in American Samoa for work (interestingly enough we got a tsunami warning today which was interesting).

anyway, just wanted to say that its great that the Falcon is ready to go for Manfield.

Now we can really see how the 3 makes will go.....

Well done to the McKenzies for getting the car up and running
Old 6 Feb 2013, 04:34 (Ref:3199981)   #2106
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ATM

If you built the car once what would the cost be???
Old 6 Feb 2013, 06:04 (Ref:3199990)   #2107
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post
The car is no longer Orange!!!
Is it Red, Black and number 14?

While we're giving you twenty questions; Why not a switch to a Camry?

Best of luck this weekend, hope it's a good one for you!

(and thanks for answering questions... for us that aren't related to either class it's always nice to have frank, honest answers to things).
Old 6 Feb 2013, 06:20 (Ref:3199991)   #2108
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Why not a switch to a Camry?

Probably because its the only Ford TLX car there, and that would be good for the sport.

I too have to agree that having some answers from the teams themselves is refreshing. So thanks ATM (by the way that particular acronym can mean something else, which i wont divulge on here (as it has 'adult' overtones), but needless to say i am not talking about money machines!!)

If the series survives as the standalone 'NZV8's' then the category needs to get more information out there, whether it be via press releases from the category itself, or from the teams and drivers.

Also, any website associated with the series needs to have regular updates as well. That way you'll attract more punters to the races. It has to be said that so far, any information has been hard to find, unless you have close ties to a team, or are 'in the know'. For example at present the nzrace champs website does not mention the inclusion of the Ford TLX, and to be frank, it should, as its pretty big news for the series.

Just me two pennies worth anyways

Last edited by NZSTfan; 6 Feb 2013 at 06:28. Reason: felt like it bro....
Old 6 Feb 2013, 07:10 (Ref:3200002)   #2109
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
...by the way that particular acronym can mean something else, which i wont divulge on here (as it has 'adult' overtones)
Is it really hot and steamy in American Samoa?
Old 6 Feb 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3200038)   #2110
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Is it really hot and steamy in American Samoa?
Hahaha, sure is. Gotta keep an eye out for those fafa's too.

I have heard some horror storys from some of the Yanks that are based here, and get a bit....ahem, desperate

Last edited by NZSTfan; 6 Feb 2013 at 08:57. Reason: too hot and humid
Old 6 Feb 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3200063)   #2111
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
I have heard some horror storys from some of the Yanks that are based here, and get a bit....ahem, desperate
Let's not go there, this is a motorsport forum after all...
Old 6 Feb 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3200300)   #2112
ATM
Rookie

ATM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cost to build the car today now that a lot of the origional set up costs are out of the way and components decided would i believe around 170 plus GST.Some may say it would be cheeper,however it would only be where you alocate the labour costs. Why not a Camry?. We had already built this car ,and when the Toyota motor option came along,we did have Mitchell extreme quote to remove Ford body and replace with a Camry,and the only reason we did not change was they had to change the main hoop and we were not going down that path.The car is Chrome.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3200311)   #2113
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well well, someones on edge arent they.

Hate is a strong word Raymond and I dont hate MSNZ. I dislike a number of people involved in MSNZ due to things like this. Why is there always skeletons coming out of the closet?
Old 6 Feb 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3200343)   #2114
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post
The cost to build the car today now that a lot of the origional set up costs are out of the way and components decided would i believe around 170 plus GST.Some may say it would be cheeper,however it would only be where you alocate the labour costs. Why not a Camry?. We had already built this car ,and when the Toyota motor option came along,we did have Mitchell extreme quote to remove Ford body and replace with a Camry,and the only reason we did not change was they had to change the main hoop and we were not going down that path.The car is Chrome.
Chrome! Nice, can't wait to see it!

Excuse the ignorance, but what necessitates the change of the main roll hoop? Seems like a fairly massive exercise, so I get why you wouldn't go down that route, just a little confused as to why you'd have to something that drastic to make the swap.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3200346)   #2115
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Mike View Post
Well well, someones on edge arent they.

Hate is a strong word Raymond and I dont hate MSNZ. I dislike a number of people involved in MSNZ due to things like this. Why is there always skeletons coming out of the closet?
Hardly a sleleton mate...think she has been married to him for 10 odd years and he has worked at MAP all that time.
...and I am sitting on the "edge" of Lake Taupo, so you are sort of right with that one.

Again; I've broken the rules and will no doubt be told off, but you honestly need to front up with fact regarding all the stuff you hate about MSNZ, or relax and come fishing with me...seriously!
Old 6 Feb 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3200352)   #2116
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well as far as I can tell the ill-feeling is towards Mr Fine first and foremost (although there are members of the exec who have gone on radio and said silly things) and is held by a large number of people who are involved in the sport.

I guess there must be a reason for that.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3200373)   #2117
JMR022
Rookie

JMR022 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a joke this is Raymond, the whole damn MSNZ thing is a can of worms. You obviously dont feel anything is out of place here but there is a lot of belief that Martin Fine is still involved in MSNZ goings on even though he fed people excuses that asked about the true position of MSC accounts and where has that left the MSNZ position. He had input everywhere and now this comes out so what do you expect.

I also here an relatively unknow person on the governance review committe is Shayne Harris's accountant. I bet you you cant answer that one.

Everybody is accountable in this world.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 21:58 (Ref:3200381)   #2118
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMR022 View Post
I also here an relatively unknow person on the governance review committe is Shayne Harris's accountant. I bet you you cant answer that one.

Everybody is accountable in this world.
No pun intended there JMR?

As Billy T would have said, "The whole deal looks a bit insist..... incesty...... insitu..... it's a bit cosy eh bro!
Old 6 Feb 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3200393)   #2119
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
or relax and come fishing with me...seriously!
Bet he is getting more bites than you are and he isn't even getting his line wet
Old 6 Feb 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3200395)   #2120
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMR022 View Post
but there is a lot of belief that Martin Fine is still involved in MSNZ goings on .
There is a lot of belief that Elvis is still alive too.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 22:35 (Ref:3200409)   #2121
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Chrome! Nice, can't wait to see it!

Excuse the ignorance, but what necessitates the change of the main roll hoop? Seems like a fairly massive exercise, so I get why you wouldn't go down that route, just a little confused as to why you'd have to something that drastic to make the swap.
And here's me thinking that somebody stated just the other day the all the Chassis are the same.

Anybody care to explain?
Old 6 Feb 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3200410)   #2122
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
There is a lot of belief that Elvis is still alive too.
You mean he is dead???!!????? When did that happen?
Old 6 Feb 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3200411)   #2123
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Without wanting to be flippant, and without any disrespect to ATM, with hindsight it would have been easier to just build a Toyota bodied ST in the first place. Then at least he would have a decent field to race against and would probably have had one whole season under his belt by now.
Old 6 Feb 2013, 23:25 (Ref:3200433)   #2124
JMR022
Rookie

JMR022 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Without wanting to be flippant, and without any disrespect to ATM, with hindsight it would have been easier to just build a Toyota bodied ST in the first place. Then at least he would have a decent field to race against and would probably have had one whole season under his belt by now.
I bet ya he wishes that to. He made the point between 2-300k so he would of been on the money. There is still a Toyota NZV8 but unless u can buy a used engine you are looking at US$90k and then you have this issue like V8SC does of the engine not working with its given rev range based on SOHC 16 valve engines.
Old 7 Feb 2013, 01:05 (Ref:3200462)   #2125
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
[QUOTE=JMR022;3200373] You obviously dont feel anything is out of place QUOTE]

No; quite the reverse.
But I just want to deal with facts, not guesses.