Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 31 Jan 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2623108)   #201
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, it's the new Pescarolo-Debora.........
Old 31 Jan 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2623113)   #202
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Excuse me !!!

Oh .... more good news , the BWM E92 has been accepted by the ACO . Preliux as one of the drivers and I expect Muller will be one of the others .
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2623152)   #203
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Phooey! That's about as much derision as I can muster right now......
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2623232)   #204
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pescarolo car will be for the ACO Driving School designed for training young drivers.

Page 3 of this PDF file , already announced during the Le Mans 24 Hours week in '09.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2623238)   #205
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Oh , Im gutted !!!
Old 1 Feb 2010, 03:39 (Ref:2623417)   #206
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Excuse me !!!

Oh .... more good news , the BWM E92 has been accepted by the ACO . Preliux as one of the drivers and I expect Muller will be one of the others .
Thats great news indeed, so possibly 1-2 cars-probably Rahal Letterman. Can't wait to see the entrylist on Thursday (especially the GT1 class). Fingers crossed for a Vitaphone Maserati and a Larbre entry....Should be a solid field across all the classes though.

The Pescarolo car might not be an LMP but at least they're still building cars which may lead to a return in the future.
Old 1 Feb 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2623492)   #207
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Already noted in the Aston thread on the main forum, but Aston Martin Racing's announcement that they will officially enter a pair of Gulf liveried works P1's is great news. Five of the drivers (including Adrian Fernandez and Chris Buncombe) named, with a sixth yet to be announced.

Article here.......

Sadly, this will be our last opportunity to hear a V12 LMP raced in anger at La Sarthe for the foreseeable (Classic aside).
Old 1 Feb 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2623548)   #208
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Five of the drivers (including Adrian Fernandez and Chris Buncombe) named, with a sixth yet to be announced.
I'm a little surprised Tomas Enge wasn't named as the sixth driver. Perhaps Young Driver plan a GT1 entry at Le Mans and Tomas has been contracted to them (should they apply and get an entry).
Old 1 Feb 2010, 13:31 (Ref:2623660)   #209
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
probably Rahal Letterman
It will be the works team , Schnitzer .
Old 1 Feb 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2623843)   #210
The Badger
Veteran

Ayari is confirmed as the lead driver in the Oreca P1 , along with Dunlops .

Lots of people moving towards Dunlops this year .
Old 1 Feb 2010, 20:23 (Ref:2623973)   #211
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It will be the works team , Schnitzer .
Hmm, and yet RLR have said they want to go to Le Mans (pretty much from the beginning) and they have a full season in the ALMS. I would not put all my eggs in one basket here.

L.P.
Old 1 Feb 2010, 20:54 (Ref:2624005)   #212
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
......RLR have said they want to go to Le Mans (pretty much from the beginning).......

L.P.
I'm very much hoping they'll be at Le Mans. One RLR and one Schnitzer would be good.
Old 1 Feb 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2624015)   #213
The Badger
Veteran

Yes , one of each would be cool . I suppose it will depend on what mother goose wants .
Old 2 Feb 2010, 05:32 (Ref:2624192)   #214
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, and yet RLR have said they want to go to Le Mans (pretty much from the beginning) and they have a full season in the ALMS. I would not put all my eggs in one basket here.

L.P.
I'm guessing RLR would get the nod because they have more race miles under their belt then Schnitzer with the car but then again Schnitzer are a damn good team so who knows? I'm just happy the ACO have finally given the car the nod so hopefully we'll see at least one car on the entrylist on Thursday.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2624254)   #215
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two days left, I'm so excited I can't wait any longer !!!
Old 2 Feb 2010, 10:13 (Ref:2624290)   #216
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Press conference in the presence of Jean-Clauda Plassart, Automobile Club de l'Ouest President

Circuit des <<24 Heures>> - Le Mans
Thursday, February 4th at 11 am

Programme:
  • Presentation of the official list of selected teams
  • Presentation of the new Pescarolo - Le Mans prototype
In yet another break with tradition, Thursday's press conference announcing the lucky 55 (plus reserves) will be broadcast live from the Welcome Centre at the circuit on Le Mans TV. Access to the live stream will be via lemans.org. Seems the financial backing has come from DUNLOP, so a big thank you to them!

Full article can be found here.

Press conference starts at 11am local time (10am in the UK).

Time to start brushing up on your French...........
Old 2 Feb 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2625152)   #217
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I'm guessing RLR would get the nod because they have more race miles under their belt then Schnitzer with the car but then again Schnitzer are a damn good team so who knows? I'm just happy the ACO have finally given the car the nod so hopefully we'll see at least one car on the entrylist on Thursday.
Dont forget that "Schnitzer" is THE official works race team , and has been for 20 years or so ..... I would expect to see 2 cars for Schnitzer and possibily 1 from RLR .
Old 2 Feb 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2625180)   #218
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Dont forget that "Schnitzer" is THE official works race team , and has been for 20 years or so ..... I would expect to see 2 cars for Schnitzer and possibily 1 from RLR .
I think it will be a 1+1 scenario is most likely, with Auberlen, Hand, Milner, D. Müller, J. Müller and Priaulx split between the 2 cars.

L.P.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2625206)   #219
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi, the season will start in 2 days. :-)
Old 2 Feb 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2625237)   #220
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
In yet another break with tradition, Thursday's press conference announcing the lucky 55 (plus reserves) will be broadcast live from the Welcome Centre at the circuit on Le Mans TV. Access to the live stream will be via lemans.org. Seems the financial backing has come from DUNLOP, so a big thank you to them!

Full article can be found here.

Press conference starts at 11am local time (10am in the UK).

Time to start brushing up on your French...........
All of which makes the new firewall at work that bans streaming video more than usually annoying - perhaps the laptop and a pop across the road to Starbucks is called for!
Old 2 Feb 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2625301)   #221
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As we have the specific thread on the BMW(s), could we put comments in there instead of duplicating the effort in both threads?
Old 3 Feb 2010, 04:28 (Ref:2625459)   #222
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As we have the specific thread on the BMW(s), could we put comments in there instead of duplicating the effort in both threads?
But that is a 2011 BMW thread. And this is for 2010.

L.P.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2625765)   #223
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tomorrow the ACO press conference is scheduled at 11.00am(gmt+1)
Old 3 Feb 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2625869)   #224
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I fear we could be in for another lame GT1 entry this year. Hope I'm wrong!
Old 3 Feb 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2625890)   #225
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
^ Very likely, TBH. But if there's a confirmed Maserati there, then that could lift the value of the whole deal just a bit.

I'm really looking forward to the entry list, hoping for some surprises.