Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 27 Jan 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2620637)   #201
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the honda should be up and running in time for silverstone in march and looks a lot worse than it is . just time and money now
Old 28 Jan 2010, 00:05 (Ref:2620693)   #202
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey View Post
sod the seat badge, i feel it was a viscous unprovoked attack on keiths mental lupo
i know my poor george just sat there cooling down and your seat decides to try to mate with him, lucky the extra dirt did not effect the speed or the handling to much
Old 28 Jan 2010, 06:51 (Ref:2620793)   #203
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have now sent the pictures to those who have requested them
Old 28 Jan 2010, 08:18 (Ref:2620818)   #204
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenbroughton08 View Post
what an amazin day we all had!! hope you dont mind steve but i have pinched a few of your amazing pics of my nifty shifty C2 for my facebook page

look forward to seeing you all trackside soon!
hell no, and if anyone wants the full res versions with no watermark just pm me and i'll sort it out
Old 28 Jan 2010, 08:44 (Ref:2620838)   #205
stephenbroughton08
Rookie

United Kingdom
Biddulph, Staffordshire
stephenbroughton08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

My Citroen C2 did over 130 track miles and averaged 14mpg (although i saw it down to 11.1 at one point)! saxo vtr wheels and tyres were not as grippy as the dunlop sp sports on my standard wheels but that added to the fun. gave it plenty of lift off oversteer and noticed that my tyres seemed to screach the loudest! couldnt match the grip levels as everyone else on the corners but think i was braking a lot later for them. only managed to get up to 98mph and only really used 3rd and 4th for the whole lap. car stood up to it well and i am more than impressed by its balanced handeling and its responsivness to any demand!!

thumbs up from me
Old 28 Jan 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2620912)   #206
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
My Citroen C2 did over 130 track miles and averaged 14mpg (although i saw it down to 11.1 at one point)! saxo vtr wheels and tyres were not as grippy as the dunlop sp sports on my standard wheels but that added to the fun. gave it plenty of lift off oversteer and noticed that my tyres seemed to screach the loudest! couldnt match the grip levels as everyone else on the corners but think i was braking a lot later for them. only managed to get up to 98mph and only really used 3rd and 4th for the whole lap. car stood up to it well and i am more than impressed by its balanced handeling and its responsivness to any demand!!

thumbs up from me
Hi There

My mate is running a C2 at Snetterton - Did you use standard brake pads? Did you notice much understeer thru the corners?

Cheers
Old 28 Jan 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2620917)   #207
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones View Post
Hi There

My mate is running a C2 at Snetterton - Did you use standard brake pads? Did you notice much understeer thru the corners?

Cheers
I didn't notice too much understeer on him Tony! Whereas Keith's Lupo on the other hand. F'narr!
Old 28 Jan 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2620987)   #208
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
think that may have had more to do with technique than setup tho least he left the handbrake alone this time!
Old 28 Jan 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2620991)   #209
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Just another gentle reminder to write to JP and Dave Scott to thank them for arranging these days for us. Without their support you wouldn't have the fun you have had this past week or so.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2621157)   #210
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

thumbs up from me
I'm the one taking my C2 to Snetterton on Saturday-any tips? I've only got a 1.1ltr SX and is all standard apart from some yellow stuff front pads going on (hopefully) tomorrow. 98mph eh? That's the top speed of mine and considering Snetterton is as flat as a pancake, I doubt I'll reach that without a strong tailwind!!
Old 28 Jan 2010, 20:57 (Ref:2621285)   #211
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
I didn't notice too much understeer on him Tony! Whereas Keith's Lupo on the other hand. F'narr!
quote of the day hand down was your *************** nuts mr d hahahaha

and massive thank you to you steven for your help in arranging them

Note: trying to dodge the autocensor can get you into trouble!

Last edited by Stephen Green; 29 Jan 2010 at 11:41.
Old 29 Jan 2010, 11:07 (Ref:2621579)   #212
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vw_nut View Post
and massive thank you to you steven for your help in arranging them
What Mr D's nuts?
Old 29 Jan 2010, 13:24 (Ref:2621665)   #213
stephenbroughton08
Rookie

United Kingdom
Biddulph, Staffordshire
stephenbroughton08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
I'm the one taking my C2 to Snetterton on Saturday-any tips? I've only got a 1.1ltr SX and is all standard apart from some yellow stuff front pads going on (hopefully) tomorrow. 98mph eh? That's the top speed of mine and considering Snetterton is as flat as a pancake, I doubt I'll reach that without a strong tailwind!!
as far as understeer goes it wasnt too bad but you have to remember that i had 14 inch saxo wheels with 185/55/14 tyres rather than my standard wheels with 195/45/16's but yours will be different again i expect.
i found that the c2 was a very well balanced car. i got all my braking done before the corner then made good aggressive turn in which kind of eliminated understeer by causing oversteer. point it to the apex and power out of the bend.
tips:
>dont start accelerating until you know you wont have to lift off again.
>dont use the cone markers as fact as they will vary from vehicle to vehicle and you will know when you have the right line.
<if the back goes, keep your foot in and be very carefull not to over correct it. (the most correction i had to do was to put the wheel straight during a slide)

i ordered a full set of yellow stuff for mine but there was a mix up in the post so went to a citroen dealer and bought genuine standard pads for the front (dont get cheap and cheerful) the day before my trackday. decouse of this i didnt fit them till 8pm the day before so they only had 60 miles bedding in.
they worked fine all day long and i didnt experience any brake fade.

hope that helps and it is probably relivent info to any others taking to the track in fwd's

have fun, in going to fit my yellow stuff
Old 29 Jan 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2621891)   #214
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
enjoy tomorrow folks - just been watching the local weather forecast.
perhaps the advice should be to stay on the white stuff instead of the blacktop!
Old 30 Jan 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2622379)   #215
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just back from a cold, slippery day at Snetterton. A hugely enjoyable time in the blue Jag, thanks to all the circuit staff and marshals for all their hard work in clearing the snow and ice so we could play. At least the track conditions meant the car did more than its usual 2mpg on track It was good to meet the BMW drivers & thanks for the passenger rides & use of the garage. Roll on the season!!!!
Old 30 Jan 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2622396)   #216
Brian George
Rookie

England
Grantham
Brian George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

As the other half of the blue jag team I can only UNDERLINE what Joyce has written great day enjoyed by all Brian George
Old 31 Jan 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2623223)   #217
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had a great time at Snetterton yesterday in my little C2-slowest car on track, although I'm sure I had just as much fun as everyone else. The conditions in the morning were horrid, which I think was proven by the 4 red flags! But the track dried after lunch and I soon built my confidence & had a great time, even getting some tyre squeal! It was quite daunting to be halfway down Revett straight and finding my mirrors full of Lotus/Aston/Caterham/BMW but I stuck to the right & let them past. A bit frustrating for me sometimes as I quite often had to compromise my corner exit to allow people to pass but still a blast.

Thanks for the passenger laps in the MR2 Tony-won't be forgetting THAT moment in a hurry !!! Also, thanks for coming out with me for the sighting laps-your tips really helped.

Thanks to all at MSV for this generous offer & the circuit staff for clearing the track so efficiently. Hope to be back next year!
Old 1 Feb 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2623560)   #218
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants

Had a great day at Snetterton - even my 720 spin didn't stop me!!!! Sorry Steve (at least you got a mighty fine view of the lovely Fiesta that was behind us / in front of us / behind us!!).

Circuit staff were excellent - briefing was one of the best and everyone kept us updated as to when the circuit was going to be open and what they were trying to do to get rid of the snow and ice.

Great sharing a garage with 3 other MR2's. A great day by all.

Hope Michael enjoyed his laps with Nina as well!

Thanks again to MSV.

Tony & Nina
Green MR2 Mk 1 #74
Old 1 Feb 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2623744)   #219
mjpiotr
Rookie

Poland
Alexandria, VA
mjpiotr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also had a great day at Snetterton! Firstly thanks to MSV, Mr Palmer and everyone involved in organising the day.
Thanks to Tony and Nina for a passenger ride in MR2, it was enjoyable.
The weather conditions in the morning were horrifying which resulted in me spinning at Bomb Hole. Sorry for throwing out mud on the racing line
Overall it was a great day!
Michal
Old 4 Feb 2010, 09:26 (Ref:2626226)   #220
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnage arnie View Post
I had a great time at Snetterton yesterday in my little C2-slowest car on track,.

Thanks for the passenger laps in the MR2 Tony-won't be forgetting THAT moment in a hurry !!!
Maybe "slowest" on paper but not slowest on the day by any means!! Down to the pink stuff behind the wheel! The headlight tape was something else! Designer or what?

Yeah - was a big moment wasn't it? Though Seb in 81 said he couldn't keep up with us in the wet and he was one person/seat lighter. So that has made me feel better. Shame I messed up that corner! Glad the laps in the afternoon where better. Looking by eye about similar to Nina's race times give a smidge or two.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 09:28 (Ref:2626227)   #221
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpiotr View Post
The weather conditions in the morning were horrifying which resulted in me spinning at Bomb Hole. Sorry for throwing out mud on the racing line Michal
What's the old adage - not trying hard enough unless you spin!!!