Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 24 May 2015, 18:15 (Ref:3540751)   #201
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh man. Hate to see that. Two crew members knocked down by unsafe release in pit lane. Hope their injuries are less severe than they look.
Old 24 May 2015, 18:17 (Ref:3540752)   #202
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post

I'm pretty sure I saw blood on the floor ...
I talked myself into thinking that was a red paint mark in pit lane... I hope.
Old 24 May 2015, 18:18 (Ref:3540753)   #203
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No idea what Davison's crew was thinking. Terrible hit
Old 24 May 2015, 18:21 (Ref:3540755)   #204
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
I talked myself into thinking that was a red paint mark in pit lane... I hope.
Either way that poor mechanic's going to have at least one badly injured foot/lower leg to deal with.

Davison confirming a monumental mess from the Dale Coyne cars. The other mechanic has also been taken by ambulance but was apparently walking and talking (so minor injuries only hopefully).
Old 24 May 2015, 18:24 (Ref:3540756)   #205
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Wow, Power from first to fifth in.... one lap?
Old 24 May 2015, 18:29 (Ref:3540758)   #206
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hate seeing crew getting hit like that. Hope they are okay.

JPM up to third from almost last!
Old 24 May 2015, 18:31 (Ref:3540759)   #207
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I don't know if it's just my lack of experience of watching 500s, but it looks like Pagenaud is slightly down on top speed compared to everyone else. He seems to be working harder for passes than others do passing him.
Old 24 May 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3540760)   #208
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I don't know if it's just my lack of experience of watching 500s, but it looks like Pagenaud is slightly down on top speed compared to everyone else. He seems to be working harder for passes than others do passing him.
At the moment, he's right up there with Dixon.
Old 24 May 2015, 18:41 (Ref:3540761)   #209
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
At the moment, he's right up there with Dixon.
I can see that!

Maybe it's just his strategy to hang back and save fuel and time in the pits (his stops have been consistently a few tenths faster than the other top runners) but I can't remember Pagenaud putting an early pass in yet.

I hope he does though, would be chuffed with a Pag victory.

Edit - I would NOT be chuffed with Pagenaud and Montoya taking each other out on pit exit though!

Kanaan into the wall hard! He's out of the car and looking fine though thankfully.
Old 24 May 2015, 18:43 (Ref:3540762)   #210
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All the Penskes out together and nearly getting in each other's way and Kanaan into the wall, he was looking good.
Old 24 May 2015, 18:44 (Ref:3540763)   #211
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Looks from the replay like TK got too low in the turn and the car got loose underneath him.
Old 24 May 2015, 18:47 (Ref:3540764)   #212
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, it wasn't so good idea to make last-minute front wing changes.
Old 24 May 2015, 18:58 (Ref:3540765)   #213
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Close calls for both Montoya and Pagenaud outside Kimball at turn 3.

It's a good thing BT Sport is technically free for me because I wouldn't be paying for an ad break at such an important part of the race. We Brits don't even get side-by-side!
Old 24 May 2015, 19:02 (Ref:3540767)   #214
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
That was getting really good and then another yellow.
Old 24 May 2015, 19:02 (Ref:3540768)   #215
qwertyuiop
Rookie

United Kingdom
herts
qwertyuiop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ESPN. an advert channel with a bit of motorsport. So frustrating.
Old 24 May 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3540772)   #216
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That was getting really good and then another yellow.
At least they can run flat out to the flag now.
Old 24 May 2015, 19:10 (Ref:3540773)   #217
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Big hit! Multi-car pile up as a problem with Pagenaud's front wing brought the midfield together.

Hawksworth, Saavedra, Oriel was it?
Old 24 May 2015, 19:10 (Ref:3540774)   #218
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Wow a major coming together, Saavedra, Hawksworth and Coletti. Looks like Hawksworth clipped Saavedra.
Old 24 May 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3540775)   #219
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That looked serious. Let's hope no one's hurt badly. They spun almost like it was orchestrated. Perfect timing I'd say.
Old 24 May 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3540777)   #220
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Saavedra being extracted, I hope there's nothing wrong and it's just a precaution.
Old 24 May 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3540778)   #221
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Saavedra being extracted, I hope there's nothing wrong and it's just a precaution.
Just look at his face. He's suffering.
Old 24 May 2015, 19:26 (Ref:3540779)   #222
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Just look at his face. He's suffering.
Missed that on first look. Yeah, he's in pain, I assume it's his legs.

Anyway, hopefully we get a clean run to the finish.
Old 24 May 2015, 19:32 (Ref:3540781)   #223
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
This is intense.
Old 24 May 2015, 19:33 (Ref:3540783)   #224
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
5 laps to go! Good battle between Montoya, Dixon and Power.
Old 24 May 2015, 19:33 (Ref:3540784)   #225
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Looks like Power has enough left to hold Dixon (mostly) and Montoya off, but I wouldn't rule any of the front four out. Even Kimball is close enough.

Kimball third, watch this space...

Montoya wins!