Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Oct 2011, 18:09 (Ref:2976703)   #201
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't get me wrong, I love to see them, but we do now tend to see largely the same cars every time, some of which aren't exactly pedalled at pace......
Old 28 Oct 2011, 11:16 (Ref:2978152)   #202
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I agree with you Ayse but it looks like some new cars / liveries will be there next year. I would like to see a Rothmans porsche, a Newman porsche and a Canon porsche, don't have them on photo yet.
Old 28 Oct 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2978161)   #203
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
some of which aren't exactly pedalled at pace......
thats my issue . My memories remember what they were really like , sadly , not many are driven like they should be .

They should have a Group C drivers invitation race ..... get the likes of Stuck , Wallace , Nielsen , Mass , Ludwig and that sorta calibre , from the days back for the support race , which should include a pit stop and a driver change .
Old 13 Nov 2011, 07:01 (Ref:2985383)   #204
T600
Rookie

England
Norfolk
T600 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport and Group C site announced that Gareth Evans has a Jaguar XJR14 and Rupert Clevely a Peugeot 905, both to be used in selected events (LM anyone!) next year, in adition to their usual Mercedes C11 and Lancia LC2. It looks like there are going to be a some very disappointed entrants for the LM support race in June...
Old 13 Nov 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2985556)   #205
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by T600 View Post
Autosport and Group C site announced that Gareth Evans has a Jaguar XJR14 and Rupert Clevely a Peugeot 905, both to be used in selected events (LM anyone!) next year, in adition to their usual Mercedes C11 and Lancia LC2. It looks like there are going to be a some very disappointed entrants for the LM support race in June...
Really hope these guys take their respective machinery to Le Mans. Would love to see a 905. I'm sure someone has acquired a C291 too. Those cars would really be a class apart.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 17:47 (Ref:2985698)   #206
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
group c races are a big plus with fans now days and the fact that a few more of them are now available for racing will only increase thier desireability, I like many on this sight see that period as one of he greatest times and the cars are the ones I want to see racing and the full 24 hour circuit is where they belong, roll on June
Old 13 Nov 2011, 20:28 (Ref:2985808)   #207
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Man would I love to see - and hear - a 905. Add to that a TS010 (which always sounded better) and I'd be a happy man!
Old 28 Nov 2011, 07:50 (Ref:2992310)   #208
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Man would I love to see - and hear - a 905. Add to that a TS010 (which always sounded better) and I'd be a happy man!
I think that depends on who's driving them. I suspect the Pug and Merc may have some sort of wavier. After all its not in there interests to see them poodle round at a snails pace being lapped by the odd squad of C2 cars. The last Grp c race was a shambles with all the punctures and mechanical woes.

Like the thought of seeing them, and respect that there are many people who did not see them in anger first time round, however the thought of the race does leave me a bit cold.

I would prefer a race for Grp 4/5/6 from the late 70's early 80's. I don't think they would be any better/faster driven, but its an era that is not really catered for.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 19:47 (Ref:2992595)   #209
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am a group C fan as they were the cars from my first experiences of Le Mans and next years race hopefully will include several cars i ahve not seen for some time, let us hope that the weather is fine and the drivers at leats try to use the cars close to the potential we all know they are capable of
Old 29 Nov 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2992921)   #210
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Invited. Hope someone will be present at the party! http://www.lemans.org/fr/actualites/...up_C_5776.html
Old 29 Nov 2011, 19:51 (Ref:2993117)   #211
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You'd think Pug would be quite keen to have a 905 on site given it will be the 20-year anniversary of their first victory with the car.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 11:09 (Ref:3005813)   #212
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Group C GTP Support Race restricted to 28 Cars .
Old 31 Dec 2011, 11:42 (Ref:3005823)   #213
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Why?

Because of the size of the support paddock?
Old 31 Dec 2011, 11:59 (Ref:3005833)   #214
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Because of the size of the support paddock?
Here. But that makes no sense when the 1949-65 legend races had like 60 entries.

To be honest I'm much more interested in the GT1/GT2/GT3/GT4 Aston Martin race. But I doubt it'll be televised, Eurosport only does Warm-up and Legends on Sat morning. Last year's Ferrari Challenge was an expection on Motors TV because they broadcasted the entire season.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 11:59 (Ref:3005834)   #215
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Exactly this is the Problem !!!
Old 5 Jan 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3007725)   #216
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Here. But that makes no sense when the 1949-65 legend races had like 60 entries.
The grid took about 20 minutes just to go past once.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3010914)   #217
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looking at the back pages of Autosport there is a chance we could see a very rare Toyota 87C in the Group C race.

Kent Abrahamsson has bought chassis 003 which raced at LM in '87 with Alan Jones.

He also has a Nissan R90C so not sure which he'd run.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3022095)   #218
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
I've just looked at the timetable for this year's race http://www.lemans.org/fr/actualites/...ures_6119.html and it seems to state that there will be practice sessions for at least the Aston Martins and possibly the Group Cs on the Friday before the race.

Quote: Essais qualificatifs le jeudi et le vendredi : course de 45 minutes sur le circuit des 24 Heures du Mans le samedi 16 juin : le programme s’annonce copieux.

Can anyone shed any light on this new arrangement and its potential conswequence for traffic movement in the area on that day?
Old 6 Feb 2012, 13:02 (Ref:3022131)   #219
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
I've just looked at the timetable for this year's race http://www.lemans.org/fr/actualites/...ures_6119.html and it seems to state that there will be practice sessions for at least the Aston Martins and possibly the Group Cs on the Friday before the race.

Quote: Essais qualificatifs le jeudi et le vendredi : course de 45 minutes sur le circuit des 24 Heures du Mans le samedi 16 juin : le programme s’annonce copieux.

Can anyone shed any light on this new arrangement and its potential conswequence for traffic movement in the area on that day?
Following on from the '57 entries' rumour, which came about due to an ACO typo, my initial reaction is that this is another typo. I'd be astonished if the local government sanctioned road closures for support race practice and qualifying on the Friday.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3022143)   #220
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agreed. Also the brochure for AMR festival clearly points that the practice/quali sessions will be held on wednesday and thursday, as usual.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3022264)   #221
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
With the usual pit lane walk and everything happening on the friday there is no way they will have any cars on the circuit
Old 6 Feb 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3022299)   #222
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Typical lemans.org shambles.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3022304)   #223
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
Has contacted Zoe from Group C GTP last Week . She will publish the Timetable as soon as possible on the Group C GTP Website .
Old 7 Feb 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3022496)   #224
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Following on from the '57 entries' rumour, which came about due to an ACO typo, my initial reaction is that this is another typo. I'd be astonished if the local government sanctioned road closures for support race practice and qualifying on the Friday.

A typographical error, hitting the "7" key instead of the "6" key is understandable, but surely this is more than a typo? I find it hard to accept that even the ACO doesn't know its Mercredis from its Jeudis and its Jeudis from its Vendredis. Are they so confused that they don't even know what day of the week it is?

Once we hear from those who know, I'm sure we'll find that practice will be as usual.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3022513)   #225
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its been said before but when you add FIA & ACO together you get fiasco !