Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Jan 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3360445)   #201
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or he might be the Pro driver for Khaled al Qubaisi?
Old 27 Jan 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3360454)   #202
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Or he might be the Pro driver for Khaled al Qubaisi?
It would be interesting for him, but I'm unsure.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3361074)   #203
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm pretty sure this exact story ran a few weeks ago but Patrick Dempsey/Joe Foster are planning to put in an entry this week for the race - linking up with Proton again.

http://sportscar365.com/wec/lemans/d...r-lm24-return/

Pretty crazy that the deadline is two days away and they still can't confirm whether they'll put in an entry. But I suppose anyone who watched their documentary knows that they are often scraping together funding.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 14:36 (Ref:3361090)   #204
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm pretty sure this exact story ran a few weeks ago but Patrick Dempsey/Joe Foster are planning to put in an entry this week for the race - linking up with Proton again.

http://sportscar365.com/wec/lemans/d...r-lm24-return/

Pretty crazy that the deadline is two days away and they still can't confirm whether they'll put in an entry. But I suppose anyone who watched their documentary knows that they are often scraping together funding.
If Dempsey Racing returns back to Le Mans, wouldn't it be a good return? It's good if they return to Le Mans IMO.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 14:45 (Ref:3361093)   #205
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
If Dempsey Racing returns back to Le Mans, wouldn't it be a good return? It's good if they return to Le Mans IMO.
It would definitely be a good thing.
Not only is Patrick Dempsey a big star from outside the racing world, but his team missed the podium by less than a lap in 2013.
They showed they deserve their place.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3361110)   #206
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
It would definitely be a good thing.
Not only is Patrick Dempsey a big star from outside the racing world, but his team missed the podium by less than a lap in 2013.
They showed they deserve their place.
Agreed.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 22:01 (Ref:3361290)   #207
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed. It was a shame for them last year, I was in the stand watching the moment that left Patrick here.......
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2143.JPG  
Old 28 Jan 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3361307)   #208
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think I might be in that picture on the other side! - remembering seeing the moment.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 06:03 (Ref:3361424)   #209
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Agreed. It was a shame for them last year, I was in the stand watching the moment that left Patrick here.......
Did he spun out?
Old 29 Jan 2014, 07:09 (Ref:3361446)   #210
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I wish them the best of luck this year.

Odd place to spin out, to be frank. Even if you got a bit of help from another car. Normally cars don't come to rest right there....

Ah, wish I could've been there... my dad was being an old curmudgeon and insisted we go back to the off-site camping to get some rest. Time to book the Novotel with TravelDestinations and just have him stay in the room.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 08:55 (Ref:3361488)   #211
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still don't think the car that turned him around was ever conclusively identified.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3361595)   #212
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thiriet by TDS confirm their entry with Thiriet + Badey + unnamed platinum driver

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/le-...ogrammes-2014/
Old 29 Jan 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3361605)   #213
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Thiriet by TDS confirm their entry with Thiriet + Badey + unnamed platinum driver

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/le-...ogrammes-2014/
An unnamed platinum driver? Who could it be?
Old 29 Jan 2014, 19:15 (Ref:3361751)   #214
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
An unnamed platinum driver? Who could it be?
Minassian? Presumably available since the demise of Pecom.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3361784)   #215
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Rumours are that Minassian is getting into bed with SMP this year. Moving from one AF Corse-run Oreca team to another.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3361794)   #216
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I wish them the best of luck this year.

Odd place to spin out, to be frank. Even if you got a bit of help from another car. Normally cars don't come to rest right

Oh he was very definitely spun. I watched it but didn't identify the culprit. But more than just a bit of help.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 29 Jan 2014 at 22:16.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 20:54 (Ref:3361810)   #217
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Oh he was very definitely spun. I watched it but didn't identify the culprit. But more than just a bit of help.....
I remember RLM being pretty upset about it?
Was it KCMG? (they did a lot of - not so good - stuff over night)
Old 29 Jan 2014, 22:16 (Ref:3361859)   #218
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I always maintained it was a dark coloured prototype.....
Old 29 Jan 2014, 23:06 (Ref:3361887)   #219
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Was Lotus still running at that time?
Old 29 Jan 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3361895)   #220
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Less than 24 hours remaining if you want to put in your entry for Le Mans.

I think we should hopefully find out a few bits and pieces tomorrow when teams can officially say they've logged their entries.
Old 29 Jan 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3361896)   #221
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Less than 24 hours remaining if you want to put in your entry for Le Mans.

I think we should hopefully find out a few bits and pieces tomorrow when teams can officially say they've logged their entries.
Always curious about the ones that get lodged and don't make the entry or reserve list, pondering about what manner of speculative vapourware or blind optimism makes up these numbers.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 07:21 (Ref:3361947)   #222
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Possibly him.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3362244)   #223
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Rent-a-ride Boutsen Ginion are putting in an entry again: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/dos...ans-le-baquet/

Hopefully they will be a ways down the reserve list on sporting grounds. But knowing the ACO they'll be straight in.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3362264)   #224
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Was Lotus still running at that time?
Yes, I believe so......
Old 6 Feb 2014, 21:41 (Ref:3365009)   #225
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It could be the LMP1 entry list :

https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/...97420151_n.png