Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Jun 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2224748)   #201
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Apparently that means nothing... there's whole bunch of these on the localized Eurosport sites but only the French one works:

http://video.eurosport.fr/automoto/p...03/video.shtml

And there's some scrutineering stuff going on right now. Link for external players:

mms://livestream.eurosport.com/ebu/75203.wsx

I assume only this French one works as it's only the scrutineering...
Old 10 Jun 2008, 12:31 (Ref:2224750)   #202
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is what they say they will be showing.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 12:46 (Ref:2224768)   #203
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The mms-streams (like LMS races) should still work, this weeks streaming schedule.

French eurosport seems to have lot more LM coverage than german eurosport.

Last edited by vorsprung; 10 Jun 2008 at 12:49.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 14:35 (Ref:2224858)   #204
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Working for me with VLC player.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 14:39 (Ref:2224867)   #205
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ohhh well, Dr. Ullrich speaks better french than the french comentator
Old 10 Jun 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2224904)   #206
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://video.eurosport.fr/auto/24-he...03/video.shtml

Works for me, Peugeot being presented ATM.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 04:32 (Ref:2225392)   #207
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung
The mms-streams (like LMS races) should still work, this weeks streaming schedule.

French eurosport seems to have lot more LM coverage than german eurosport.
Odd, in that schedule the qualifyings are there but not race.

But would be quite odd if they would show scrutineering but not the race itself
Old 11 Jun 2008, 16:31 (Ref:2225895)   #208
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
Apparently that means nothing... there's whole bunch of these on the localized Eurosport sites but only the French one works:

http://video.eurosport.fr/automoto/p...03/video.shtml

And there's some scrutineering stuff going on right now. Link for external players:

mms://livestream.eurosport.com/ebu/75203.wsx

I assume only this French one works as it's only the scrutineering...
That MMS stream doesn't work in the US. Any suggestions about getting around this?
Old 11 Jun 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2225914)   #209
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
That MMS stream doesn't work in the US. Any suggestions about getting around this?
Try using an European proxy:

http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-gb.htm

Instructions for Mozilla Firefox (if you're using some other browser, it's probably pretty much straight foward thing to set up):

http://technicalbliss.blogspot.com/2...h-firefox.html

ps. That mms link above is not supposed to work anymore!

Last edited by deggis; 11 Jun 2008 at 16:51.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2225924)   #210
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't seem to get any of these.......
Old 11 Jun 2008, 17:03 (Ref:2225931)   #211
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you are not the only one aysedasi
Old 11 Jun 2008, 17:28 (Ref:2225976)   #212
usa318
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
usa318 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Deggis!!!!

I'm in the u.s and streaming eurosport qualifying through xroxy. Its a little laggy... anyone know of any faster proxy?

How are you other americans watching?????

Please let me know,

Thanks,

T
Old 11 Jun 2008, 17:32 (Ref:2225982)   #213
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
See this topic for LM streams:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107312
Old 11 Jun 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2226448)   #214
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Comments after the 2nd qual:

-Pit reporters? Apparently not present yet.
-Commentators could be better, and could be worse... I don't like that slimey sounding guy (Kirby?) and that one guy from MotorsTV (Chris Parsons) is useless.
-Very little commercials. Altough no idea how much Eurosport 2 usually has.

Nothing to do with Eurosport (other than maybe higher overall production budget):

-one camera at Arnage in the night! OMG!

-The commentators said not all cameras are yet in use in the qualis, and in total there will be 44 cameras and 7 onboard camera cars (all the Audis and Pugs and the one Corvette?). I missed what they were talking about but I got the idea there will be cameras on the track in the night time too.

-Onboard cameras: how freakin' expensive it would be to put a helicopter in the sky to guarantee perfect signal? Altough much better than last year (which was totally pathetic) but the signal still kept breaking up in certain corners.

Last edited by deggis; 11 Jun 2008 at 22:25.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 23:28 (Ref:2226523)   #215
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just caught the last hour of the session tonight and thought coverage was ok. Carlton was a bit more calm than normal and therefore far more watchable. Mark barely got a look in and Chris needs to speak up a bit. Otherwise fine.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 14:43 (Ref:2227831)   #216
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Emillian Stoyko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Deggis, don't have any idea about the lack of cameras during night time. And as far as the internet feed I can't be of help either, because it seems there is confusion about what is allowed to be shown and where. I know in the past the ACO were not keen on TV channels having their streams, but I thought that changed for this year. I couldn't see the coverage during the week since I was at the track, but whatever issues you might have with the commentary is because there is a WTCC round at Brno and Martin Haven is there. So next year it's going to be even better.

Also some people were not happy about the coverage being spread over the two channels. Don't forget that for the first time in a fiew years Eurosport is broadcasting A LOT of stuff from Euro 2008 and the Le Mans stuff, as it was signed later, has to be done around that. Though I'm not sure about the bizzare decision to interrupt the coverage for 15 minutes for news, I hope that will be scrapped.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 15:02 (Ref:2227843)   #217
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
My DSC subscription ended a while ago and due to some credit card problems I'm not able to sign in again. Can someone just outline what is said in the first friday happenings column, regarding the TV coverage?
Old 13 Jun 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2227860)   #218
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2500 Kangaroo TV sets this year

All the circuit now covered with fibre optic cable.

High Definition in 2009 plus in car cameras in all cars.

We need Europsort HD to be launched n the UK, and the race to be available on Blu-ray as well as DVD.

Last edited by JAG; 13 Jun 2008 at 15:20.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2227873)   #219
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emillian Stoyko
Deggis, don't have any idea about the lack of cameras during night time.
They said during the both qualis that all the other track cameras are being installed today. Lets hope there will be more track cameras during the night too. Already in the qualification there was a camera at Arnage, which is already a lot more than last year during the night

Quote:
And as far as the internet feed I can't be of help either, because it seems there is confusion about what is allowed to be shown and where. I know in the past the ACO were not keen on TV channels having their streams, but I thought that changed for this year.
If this related to my previous post, I don't understand how... I wasn't complaining about the streams but the overall coverage. And I watched all of the 4 quali sessions with the Eurosport stream so there's no problem.

And about the onboard cameras: I take it back what I said previously, it seems that "signal breaks" are very rare now. Now it's more than acceptable, as even in F1 the signal breaks occasionally and in F1 there are no 13 km tracks... Also audio seems to be synchronized with the picture which wasn't the case last year in onbaord cameras. During the qualis they showed quite a lot of onboard footage, apparently partly because lack of trackside cameras.

See yourself: http://youtube.com/watch?v=P_n_mZ51_I0

Also yesterday they said pit reporters will be there in the race, which is quite self-explanatory even though there were none in the qualifications.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 15:34 (Ref:2227876)   #220
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
High Definition in 2009 plus in car cameras in all cars.
I was not sure was that right in the planetlemans.com piece of news about the ACO press conference, but apparently yes. Cameras on all 55 cars - crazy. Great news for onboard fanatics like me.

On the media side Commercial Director Fabrice Bourrigard explained the new TV deals A.C.O. had signed for 2008 with clear expansions in Europe and Japan as well as the fact that the circuit will be fully “fibered” for HDTV is 2009. That and car cameras on all 55 participants should make the race of races even more attractive for those at home while the Kangaroo TVs will enhance the experience for those at the circuit.

http://www.planetlemans.com/2008/06/...ss-conference/
Old 13 Jun 2008, 17:48 (Ref:2227960)   #221
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Quote:

If this related to my previous post, I don't understand how... I wasn't complaining about the streams but the overall coverage. And I watched all of the 4 quali sessions with the Eurosport stream so there's no problem.
It was related to the fact that the race itself is missing from the Eurosport Germany schedules. I'm just thinking aloud why that might be. I'm now watching the third session and I wonder why Jeremy Shaw has so little mic time? After all he's by far the best in the booth this week.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 18:10 (Ref:2227973)   #222
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emillian Stoyko
It was related to the fact that the race itself is missing from the Eurosport Germany schedules.
http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/121120...ams-woche.html

Here? I noticed that too.

Also noticed this couple of days ago:

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...F_3066_gb.html

"With Eurosport: You can buy the video live option directly on Eurosport web site for €5.90"

Apparently means this: http://player.eurosport.com

Umm...

-

Last edited by deggis; 13 Jun 2008 at 18:13.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 19:23 (Ref:2228022)   #223
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Quote:
http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/121120...ams-woche.html

Here? I noticed that too.

Also noticed this couple of days ago:

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...F_3066_gb.html

"With Eurosport: You can buy the video live option directly on Eurosport web site for €5.90"

Apparently means this: http://player.eurosport.com

Umm...

-
Well I think that's some misunderstanding by the guy that wrote that for the official Le Mans site. Because that's the price for the full channel, not just for the race. Either way, I'm sure there will be plenty of streams available. BTW, are the official streams finally the right aspect ratio or are they still squished?
Old 17 Jun 2008, 19:06 (Ref:2231344)   #224
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Soooo how was the Eurosport coverage? I didn't bother to set the recorder, too much aggro to set all the segments.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 19:28 (Ref:2231368)   #225
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea when the highlights will be on?

I can't see anything in the schedules.

Mark