Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Dec 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2994504)   #201
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I wonder if CTD will be joining me in Le Mans town centre to watch England v Sweden on Mad Friday?
Why in the world should i watch that game, if it was Denmark vs England, with free beer, i would be there drinking beer
Old 3 Dec 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2994695)   #202
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sounds good teamDOT. Have many years do you need to have gone to be considered a team?

The only thing I want to do slightly differently this year is to try and get in a couple of hours earlier on the Tuesday to make the afternoon autograph session.

That's up to you - one is enough!

Quote:
I wonder if CTD will be joining me in Le Mans town centre to watch England v Sweden on Mad Friday?
I never quite understand this - you wait a whole year to go to Le Mans and then watch footballl........
Old 3 Dec 2011, 10:34 (Ref:2994750)   #203
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I never quite understand this - you wait a whole year to go to Le Mans and then watch footballl........
Not a lot going on during Friday evening so the game couldn't have come at a better time. Not planning to miss a moment of track action during the week.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 00:20 (Ref:2994879)   #204
Bentley Mulsanne
Rookie

Bentley Mulsanne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going! First time back since 2007!

2 x pitches for Houx - check
4 x general admission tickets - check
1 x return Eurotunnel ticket - check
2 x return tickets - New York > Paris - check (well done NYC boys )

To get: -

Car
Tent
Booze

Old 4 Dec 2011, 09:42 (Ref:2994977)   #205
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Not a lot going on during Friday evening so the game couldn't have come at a better time. Not planning to miss a moment of track action during the week.
not exactly sure where you camp/stay but the campsites are very lively on friday nights, everyone has arrived and you spend the evening eating/talking and of course wandering around the place having a drink with old friends, in Tetre Rouge it can take 30 minutes just trying to get to the loo's because you have to stop chat and have a drink with almost every group on the way.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 19:26 (Ref:2995167)   #206
LeicesterTiger
Rookie

England
LeicesterTiger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello everyone. Just joined and looking forward to my first ever visit to Le Mans next year with my 13 year old son. We're flying to Paris and then the plan is to TGV down on the Saturday morning and return on the Sunday. I know we'll miss out on the full experience, but circumstances dictate that we need to fly out and return within the weekend.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2995220)   #207
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome LeicesterTiger. I think everyone on here will concur that it is better to fly in for just the race rather than not at all. It may well be once you've been you'll end up factoring in a few extra days.

I went for the first time this year and found the forum invaluable for getting some questions answered. Inevitably I've already booked again for 2012. There's also a lot of info in the threads in terms of essential items for people like yourself who may be travelling relatively light. All the best for your trip.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2995444)   #208
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome LeicesterTiger - good to have you on board!
Old 5 Dec 2011, 19:26 (Ref:2995682)   #209
LeicesterTiger
Rookie

England
LeicesterTiger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the welcome. June seems a long way off but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2995752)   #210
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Friday is my busiest day! Have to squeeze in Saint Saturnin, Pit Walk, Driver's Parade along with the normal activities such as cooking , drinking and socializing!
Old 6 Dec 2011, 18:39 (Ref:2996106)   #211
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
3 Steps on the Way to a lucky Man !!!

1 . Tickets are confirmed by ACO ( Stands 34 )

2. Holidays are confirmed by my Employer .

3. B & B are booked in October .

Can now start to organize the Test Day .
Old 6 Dec 2011, 20:39 (Ref:2996147)   #212
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
and the ten-tenths pit visit if you are lucky
Old 11 Dec 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2998518)   #213
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm at 90% sure that i will go to Le Mans this year (just need to order and take the final decision)
When is the Ten-Tenths meeting? - i don't want to miss it, and there need to make sure that the travel party i found fits with that date
Old 11 Dec 2011, 20:20 (Ref:2998525)   #214
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It'll be on Saturday, somewhen around 12 midday onwards..... TBA.....
Old 11 Dec 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2998528)   #215
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Sweet!
Old 15 Dec 2011, 10:34 (Ref:3000128)   #216
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
And now the money has switched hands.
I am now going to Le Mans for the first time in my life!

Is there any lists on the internet with good advice for first timers?
Old 15 Dec 2011, 12:57 (Ref:3000187)   #217
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Try the following websites:
www.beermountain.com/
www.clubarnage.com (especially the Club Arnage Guide)
And this forum of course!
Enjoy!

Vincent
Old 15 Dec 2011, 16:52 (Ref:3000313)   #218
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Welcome to the Club .
Old 15 Dec 2011, 22:31 (Ref:3000484)   #219
Mel Davies
Rookie

Mel Davies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are booked, with 1st Tickets, for pitches on Maison Blanche from the 13th June, with a group of 8 fine chaps. Woodcote Wanderers will be there with a fine selection of classic cars, including a chuck wagon with all the tents and the beer. Come and find us and enjoy a pint.
Cheers, Mel
Old 16 Dec 2011, 07:26 (Ref:3000636)   #220
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Club arnage Guide tells you everything you need to know and much more.

http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/
Old 16 Dec 2011, 18:18 (Ref:3000918)   #221
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I hope to be there, 2 years since my last visit...are there any trees left?!

Old 16 Dec 2011, 21:36 (Ref:3000998)   #222
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Any iPhone users at Le Mans? - if yes how do you charge?
Old 17 Dec 2011, 09:51 (Ref:3001133)   #223
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

It's not an advice, but let me tell you that, as a first time timer, you won't sleep during the whole race !
Old 17 Dec 2011, 18:44 (Ref:3001310)   #224
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Any iPhone users at Le Mans? - if yes how do you charge?
In the car or, using a French adapter, on the power post at the campsite. (Keeping in mind that we have a closed camp.) Last resort is one of those "additional battery" thingies.

keke
Old 17 Dec 2011, 19:10 (Ref:3001316)   #225
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
If you get there early and depending where you camp you can plug it in at the campsite until the sockets are all taken up. If I'm correct CTD you aren't taking a car, which is probably the best way of charging. I bought a cheap solar charger for this year and I think I probably got what I paid for because it was s**t.

It's not easy. Plus you can get hit with the roaming charges if you aren't careful.