Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Sep 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3134390)   #201
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking forward to seeing the DW back in action. Wonder if it will return to red after Nissan dropped it the second the ink was dry on the post-Le Mans press release?

All adds to the interest of the race. I'm getting more excited about it by the day.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 00:48 (Ref:3134528)   #202
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They just need to make a DW tshirt so I can have the matched DW and Abruzzi set. Actually get people asking me about what car it was and surprisingly most love it, but then the top down view was the only good angle for it.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 05:18 (Ref:3134575)   #203
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
They just need to make a DW tshirt so I can have the matched DW and Abruzzi set. Actually get people asking me about what car it was and surprisingly most love it, but then the top down view was the only good angle for it.
Your set is not complete until you find a LMP-07 shirt.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 12:22 (Ref:3134766)   #204
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Wasn't the "A" word banned from discussion here? I'm going to have nightmares now picturing that thing going through T3 at Road Atlanta. Thanks.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3134894)   #205
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably no AM for Petit as Fernandez has left the AM WEC team.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...cus-13166.html

L.P.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3135057)   #206
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Sad to say, but he was the slow guy on the team. Turner and Enge should do just fine without him. I think he's more suited to LMP and higher downforce cars.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3135072)   #207
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Sad to say, but he was the slow guy on the team. Turner and Enge should do just fine without him. I think he's more suited to LMP and higher downforce cars.

I know its off topic but at least Adrian is saying he is bringing his Lowe's money back to race in America, I doubt that will hurt Aston Martin much. He is a very nice guy in person and has the experience to drive along with running a team so it will be interesting to see his reaction to "the merger"...

More on topic, I am very happy to hear Rebellion is coming to Petit, I wish they would see fit to come to America more often. Anyone know how to aquire any Rebellion Merchandise? I have sent more than one email through their website but have never gotten a reply...
Old 13 Sep 2012, 01:29 (Ref:3135118)   #208
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livininthinair View Post
Anyone know how to aquire any Rebellion Merchandise? I have sent more than one email through their website but have never gotten a reply...
Wow, I just checked and from their website the do not retail here. At least they have no representation. Bingo, business opportunity
Old 13 Sep 2012, 04:30 (Ref:3135155)   #209
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fernandez Racing back to LMP2? Yes please.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 12:33 (Ref:3135370)   #210
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Wow, I just checked and from their website the do not retail here. At least they have no representation. Bingo, business opportunity
Ask a euro mate to help you out ..... you can even get away with paying import duty as it can be shipped as a present .
Old 13 Sep 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3135450)   #211
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Ask a euro mate to help you out ..... you can even get away with paying import duty as it can be shipped as a present .

Is there a web based European source I could check, here in America we really only have "speedgear" that for the most part only carries F1 and everything under the sun with a Ferrari emblem on it. The WEC needs to sell merchandise for the series and the teams, the best way to get more fans is through marketing, but at least from my end it doesn't look like there is ANYTHING at all avail.... I would hope I am not the only one that would be interested...
Old 13 Sep 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3135475)   #212
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I know there was traders who were dealing Rebellion gear at Le Mans ..... not exactly who they were though .

Looked up all the usual places , and cant find a thing except driver cards and miniture models ..... strange .

Last edited by The Badger; 13 Sep 2012 at 17:13.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3135484)   #213
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I know there was traders who were dealing Rebellion gear at Le Mans ..... not exactly who they were though .

Looked up all the usual places , and cant find a thing except driver cards and miniture models ..... strange .

Thank you for the effort - I really think the WEC could use a marketing department that actually does something. This is one of the things I am interested to see when it comes to "the merger". NASCAR's marketing is amazing (but I wouldn't be caught dead in anything from that series) and I think the income would be well worth the effort for the teams and the series. Don't get me wrong I don't plan on having every piece of clothing/accessories that they have on offer, but think the return on investment would be worth the effort for all the free advertising they would get. Sportscar racing has always been a behind the scenes sport,(you have to know about it first like a well kept secret) but therein exists a very large lost opportunity. If you don't tell people who you are and what you have to offer in the first place how/why will they buy tickets to your events or ask their cable company why the race was not televised.

Sorry - got off on a rant there... I guess you could say part of me is jealous of the NASCAR crowd, and part of me is glad I am not part of the NASCAR crowd - if you all get my drift...

I now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 23:38 (Ref:3135662)   #214
The Badger
Veteran

Yeah , your welcome , but you would think at least t-shirts would turn up on ebay ..... hats , stuff like that , nothing .
Old 14 Sep 2012, 14:31 (Ref:3135934)   #215
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If that's not too much to ask, could somebody please reiterate which ELMS entries have been confirmed for the PLM?
Old 14 Sep 2012, 15:30 (Ref:3135947)   #216
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
LMP2
- Murphy
- Thiriet TDS
- Status
- OAK
- Greaves

GTE-Am
- AF Corse
- IMSA

7 cars in total.

OAK might bring a second car according to Turbo Magazine (in Dutch: http://sport.turbomagazine.be/news_N...MS_en_WEC.html)
Old 14 Sep 2012, 18:15 (Ref:3136024)   #217
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
No Aston Martin Vantage GTE at the Petit according to the AMR teammanager in an interview with Nick Damon during qualifying for the WEC race at Interlagos...
Old 14 Sep 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3136045)   #218
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
LMP2
- Murphy
- Thiriet TDS
- Status
- OAK
- Greaves

GTE-Am
- AF Corse
- IMSA

7 cars in total.

OAK might bring a second car according to Turbo Magazine (in Dutch: http://sport.turbomagazine.be/news_N...MS_en_WEC.html)
While I would welcome their second P2 I would prefer if they could get their P1 engine situation figured out and bring it instead. We know a couple of guys at the team and to their knowledge only one car is coming... We asked them about it when the European P1 entry rumours for PLM started before it was confirmed to be Rebellion.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3136126)   #219
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just got an email from Road Atlanta reminding me to order Petit Le Mans tickets.
Old 14 Sep 2012, 23:56 (Ref:3136128)   #220
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't already have yours? They already shipped and are running a pretty broad ad campaign this year. Have seen 3 electronic billboards with two different ads, Dyson version and the ESM 458.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 00:29 (Ref:3136133)   #221
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nah, I'm not going this year.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 02:43 (Ref:3136147)   #222
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rumours that the Rebellion will be running a hybrid system, just like Dyson.
Old 15 Sep 2012, 04:06 (Ref:3136160)   #223
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Don't already have yours? They already shipped and are running a pretty broad ad campaign this year. Have seen 3 electronic billboards with two different ads, Dyson version and the ESM 458.
I've yet to order mine...you got a problem with that?

Love the "few" entries coming from LMS to PLM...I am at least looking forward to a fall break, if nothing else.
Old 16 Sep 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3136890)   #224
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Got back last night from the HSR event there. Can't wait to be back next month! One thing I did notice; they still have Intercontinental Le Mans Cup signage around the track lol
Old 17 Sep 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3137311)   #225
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Deltawing to race at Petition again with Nissan engine (per auto week article). Also Gunnar Jeanette is going to have an announcement later today, hmmm.....