Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Oct 2013, 19:23 (Ref:3321807)   #201
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
as mentioned on other threads the showers in most campsites are getting better, but as with anything the more expensive the campsite usually the better the facilities and position of thet site.
The campsites around the porsche curves are a fair distance from the main area's and there is a shuttle train that runs up to the main straight but not to the tram stop. The Sites nearer to the tram stops are better situated but harder to get and more expensive, The best descriptions of each site can be found on Beermountain.com
Old 22 Oct 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3321810)   #202
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I haven't stayed there myself, but this sounds pretty promising:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=866032

You can get from the Flexotels to Arnage pretty easily, just a few miles on the 'Chemin aux boeufs' on the innerpart of the circuit to reach the Porsche Curves, so that doesn't make a big difference.

Speaking of transport from the Porsche Curves to the tramstation, use your feet or go by car. The little tourist train's efficiency is abysmal so you're better off walking. Or go by car and get a park and ride ticket. If memory serves me right, it's about 3 euros. Check here:
www.setram.fr

Flexotels are closer to the tramstation, Porsche Curves are closer to Arnage. If you don't care where you stay, these are the deciders! Your choice
Old 24 Oct 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3322590)   #203
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Anybody of the other 'Nadine-orderers' received an email today with only a French and a English booking form in it and nothing else?
Old 24 Oct 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3322594)   #204
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Mine had all the usual stuff on it orders open for ACO members TR camping tickets are 82 for members and race tickets 54 so usual discounts did you want me to email a copy to you vince
Old 24 Oct 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3322597)   #205
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just had another email from Nadine to say she did not need form yet and she would contact me if/when she needed anything
Old 24 Oct 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3322603)   #206
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just had another email from Nadine to say she did not need form yet and she would contact me if/when she needed anything
Was/am getting worried I need to book again/fill in the form and send it back to her because somehow something went wrong. So I hope to receive a similar mail soon too!
Old 26 Oct 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3323349)   #207
Blue Rondeau
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent, UK
Blue Rondeau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Got booking confirmation through this week.

Always a nice milestone in the whole process. Now just trying to ponder whether to do the usual down on Weds back on Mon routine or make it a bit more of a holiday to France. Arguments, predictably on both sides.
there are no real arguments against this - make it more of a holiday.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3323352)   #208
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It would be nice to get there and see scutineering but suspect it will be the usual down on Wednesday for me
Old 26 Oct 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3323386)   #209
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Go on Simon - you know you want to!!!
Old 26 Oct 2013, 19:23 (Ref:3323388)   #210
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I've just complicated my holiday, will be flying in for scrutineering and staying for the full week, then a couple of days in Paris, then a detour through Zurich in order to visit some very good friends who recently moved there... then home.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3323392)   #211
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like a great holiday Victor. We'll look out for you in the Place........
Old 26 Oct 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3323393)   #212
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
If all goes well, I should be with a couple of friends. Depending on arrival time... maybe the luggage will have to tag along with us to the first scrutineering day.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 17:42 (Ref:3324337)   #213
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Had an email from the ACO in french only, did a translation and it tells me they will be sending me a survey in the next few weeks for me to fill in, why did they not just save time and send me the survey, anyone else get the same email
Old 28 Oct 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3324377)   #214
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Received something similar a few weeks ago, but deleted it immediately. It didn't leave much of an impression, so I am not 100% sure.

Definitely not received anything today.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3324634)   #215
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
got the survey this morning and completed it, did not take long
Old 29 Oct 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3324675)   #216
Foxy_Marshal
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Foxy_Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All booked :-)

Thanks for the advice and DMs I received.
we are now booked up for Travel destinations at porsche curves.
We are two single ladies doing a road trip from Scotland.
looking forward to it but will probably need advice closer to the time regarding getting to village etc for supplies.
we already have been given a planning packing list from a good friend to get us road ready for French regulations.
Tres Excited

Foxyx
Old 29 Oct 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3324697)   #217
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sound good!
See you at the Ten-Tenths meeting at Saturday!
Old 29 Oct 2013, 12:09 (Ref:3324708)   #218
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bring cheese.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3324732)   #219
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Bring cheese.
Well cheese is always welcome authentic scotish fayre would be nice, and the theme of this years food at the meet has yet to be decided
Old 29 Oct 2013, 13:33 (Ref:3324737)   #220
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sounds as though it could be haggis to me......
Old 29 Oct 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3324756)   #221
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
the theme of this years food at the meet has yet to be decided
Does the theme have to change every year? What's wrong with Cheese and Rocketfuel? Never change a winning team/theme!

Last edited by vincegail; 29 Oct 2013 at 14:48.
Old 29 Oct 2013, 14:42 (Ref:3324762)   #222
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy_Marshal View Post
Thanks for the advice and DMs I received.
we are now booked up for Travel destinations at porsche curves.
We are two single ladies doing a road trip from Scotland.
looking forward to it but will probably need advice closer to the time regarding getting to village etc for supplies.
we already have been given a planning packing list from a good friend to get us road ready for French regulations.
Tres Excited

Foxyx
foxy, we're two single ladies (cue beyonce) as well. get yourselves to the gathering on saturday, it's well worth it lots of like minded, decent folks from all over the world. that's one heck of a drive though, fair play!

and yes, bring cheese. and cake. and perhaps some irn-bru to add to the collection of local potions on offer

ps don't fall for the breathalyser kit nonsense from the french driving rules
Old 29 Oct 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3324770)   #223
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sounds as though it could be haggis to me......
Mars Bars and a deep fat fryer?
Old 29 Oct 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3324800)   #224
Foxy_Marshal
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Foxy_Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
foxy, we're two single ladies (cue beyonce) as well. get yourselves to the gathering on saturday, it's well worth it lots of like minded, decent folks from all over the world. that's one heck of a drive though, fair play!

and yes, bring cheese. and cake. and perhaps some irn-bru to add to the collection of local potions on offer

ps don't fall for the breathalyser kit nonsense from the french driving rules
Hi Bella,
I love a good gathering :-)
We will be seven hours from where we live down to the tunnel then five hours to Le mans.
So Irn Bru, Haggis and shortbread then ?
A good friend of mine has given me his ultimate packing list for the car and ourselves.
count down has started :-)
Old 29 Oct 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3324803)   #225
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Mars Bars and a deep fat fryer?
i was thinking more Venison and scotch perhaps drambuie or glayva to introduce our continental friends to the finer things from scotland