Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 21 Jul 2014, 02:15 (Ref:3436069)   #201
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah but time has passed Crunch and whilst you may take a very careful approach and know the past of the team, there will be people in NZ motorsport that don't know the history and may be blinded by the bright lights. History does matter!

Team Kiwi has helped some drivers out and cost others money. I'm interested to know what are they offering this time and who is preparing the car?
Old 21 Jul 2014, 03:33 (Ref:3436092)   #202
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Actually they do.
With respect Raymond, they haven't had anything of substance in NZ for years, and I doubt that will change. I am not speculating on the experiences of others; I have been much closer than even you have (which is all I will disclose here).
Quote:
Lets give the programme a chance before the negativity flows eh?
How many years have they been doing this, and how many chances do they get before any criticism becomes valid? Ask yourself why so many people who have been involved have very few kind words to say? The TKR story always sounded good and the greater public have always lapped it up. But in reality there's plenty of spin, and a lot of stuff did not get delivered on. They are a spent force in my opinion.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 05:34 (Ref:3436106)   #203
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Actually they do. Having been involved personally on behalf of one of the drivers they approached.

We all think we know the history, but that's what it is, history. If it helps any young Kiwi Driver gain some momentum, then I give it the thumbs up.
I find it slightly depressing that it passes your “smell test”.

A word of advice; If you get an e-mail saying you’ve won the Nigerian lottery…. Don’t get your hopes up.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 07:56 (Ref:3436140)   #204
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post

A word of advice; If you get an e-mail saying you’ve won the Nigerian lottery…. Don’t get your hopes up.
But the guy only needs my account and password and they sort it all out from there. I am going to use all the money to support Motorsport.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 08:39 (Ref:3436157)   #205
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post

Maybe I'm just an optimist?

I cannot comment on any business dealings from the past that included TKR with anyone as I don't know the facts, and frankly...it's not my business.

I approach any offers with an open mind, they are a business deal and must include a contract agreed by all parties. If that contract falls over, then there are avenues.

One thing my smell test has taught me over the years is that there are plenty of dirty-dealers in our sport. But it has also taught me that a lot that is quoted as fact from "someone in the know" is a product of Chinese whispers.

FYI, we didn't take the option that was offered to us as we are waiting on finalisation of what we think is a better deal for the driver, not because of the party who offered the deal.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 22:02 (Ref:3436426)   #206
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Actually they do. Having been involved personally on behalf of one of the drivers they approached.

We all think we know the history, but that's what it is, history. If it helps any young Kiwi Driver gain some momentum, then I give it the thumbs up.

optimist, dreamer, fool. Im not sure if you get your knowledge from the executive or they get it from you but boy do you need to open your eyes.

Your comment "We all think we know the history, but that's what it is, history" is just another typical comment by you amateurs who are trying to play in the real world with other peoples money.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 22:21 (Ref:3436432)   #207
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maybe he's coming back to refund my money for the hot laps i never got.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 22:30 (Ref:3436433)   #208
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
Maybe he's coming back to refund my money for the hot laps i never got.
You should turn up to the next event they are running at and demand your hot laps!
Old 21 Jul 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3436439)   #209
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
can someone please give gt a hug

sounds like he really needs one lol
Old 21 Jul 2014, 23:58 (Ref:3436456)   #210
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
optimist, dreamer, fool. Im not sure if you get your knowledge from the executive or they get it from you but boy do you need to open your eyes.

Your comment "We all think we know the history, but that's what it is, history" is just another typical comment by you amateurs who are trying to play in the real world with other peoples money.

Actually mate, I do play in the real world with MY money. Probably invested a hell of a lot in the 34 years I have been rallying. What do you invest in?

optimist and dreamer; yep I'm both. As for the last well; your ill-informed comment which goes with the many others you have posted. Tell us who you are and what you have invested in the real world then maybe we could base this discussion on fact?
Old 22 Jul 2014, 00:00 (Ref:3436458)   #211
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North

Apologies to Woolley for my above reply.
Was probably less than professional as I started to let personal feelings cloud a factual comment.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 00:14 (Ref:3436460)   #212
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
Quote:

Just to be very clear on this GT86, the MSNZ Executive have never offered any financial help to TKR, or indeed; ever been approached by TKR for help. It is no business of MSNZ and it's personnel to comment on TKR or any other teams commercial business and the scenarios that eventuated. My comments are from my personal dealings with TKR, and obviously there are other negative comments from people in the same situation. I cannot comment on those comments, all I can refer for discussion is the business dealings I have had with TKR.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 00:52 (Ref:3436463)   #213
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Notice on TKRs Facebook

Team Kiwi Racing This is the TL car TLX and Porsche Carrera Cup car livery to come.

So running TL and TLX
Old 22 Jul 2014, 08:45 (Ref:3436569)   #214
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
hmmm interesting

new TLX or one of 7 TLX already out there..
Old 22 Jul 2014, 22:18 (Ref:3436826)   #215
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reading the interview with DJ done by velocity it doesn't seem like we will see a TKR Porsche or TLX any time soon.
Old 22 Jul 2014, 23:34 (Ref:3436842)   #216
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
well you can never tell with TKR lol they may try to lease a TLX rather than buying one outright.. or they might find a way to get their logo on another team's car.

does TKR still have a V8SC locked away somewhere?
Old 23 Jul 2014, 02:26 (Ref:3436878)   #217
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Velocity’s Interview with David John:
“It’s a big call to get back into [the V8SC's] and I think the Super Black guys are going to find that. The difference between our structure [TKR] and their structure [SBR] is that they’ve got a relationship with Ford Performance Racing, whereas when we were involved there was no option like that. We had our own transporters, our own tools, our own equipment, our own crew and more - which adds on a massive amount of money.”

“[V8 Supercars] have obviously loosened up the rules to try and get some people back into the championship after going through pushing everyone to the max, and out of the championship. Paul [Radisich]was there when we were there, he knew how the deal worked, he’s probably learnt from that as well and needs to make sure he’s got his I’s dotted and his T’s crossed. They’re smart enough to do that.”

Interesting reading….. So back when TKR were in the game all teams had to supply their own crew, transporters and more, there simply wasn’t an option to do a deal with Ford Performance Racing….. or Stone Brothers Racing…… or PMM.

Also sounds like V8Supercars have learned the error of their ways and have softened the rules to try and get some of the people they pushed out of the class back in….. Although, if it was really that bad maybe Radisich would do well to get DJ’s eyes across the goings on, sounds like they learned a lot together in the trenches.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 04:15 (Ref:3436898)   #218
JamesK
Racer

Interesting old article "Drive South" May 2009
With TKR owner David John made personally bankrupt, V8 Supercars this week sold the team's Racing Entitlement Contract with Triple F racing winning the tender, reportedly worth $A1 million ($NZ1.3 million). Without referring to the loss of the licence, TKR said on its website today it will focus more time and resources back on their founding principals of supporting Kiwi drivers from karting up to the NZV8 championship. TKR are also looking at being involved in dirt track racing, boating and motorcycle racing for the 2009/10 seasons. TKR, with John at the helm have, for the past 10 years, provided New Zealand drivers with the chance to compete in the Australian V8 Supercar championship. John gave V8 Supercar starts to New Zealand talent such as Jason Richards, Shane van Gisbergen and Fabian Coulthard who moved on to other teams and are all currently running inside the top 10 of the championship. "There are so many talented drivers who just struggle to get the funding together to secure a drive these days both in the local NZ series as-well as the Australian V8 Supercar Championship," John said. "We have held a number of discussions with various drivers and teams over the last few months with the view of announcing the various TKR packages from the junior karting, senior karting, Formula Ford, Formula Toyota and the Mini Challenge series for the coming 2009/10 New Zealand Motorpsort Championship seasons -"

Sound familiar, besides a season of Mini Challenge, has TKR been involved in any other classes as proposed, eg. karts, dirt track, boating,motorcycle, FF Toyota, ??
Old 23 Jul 2014, 09:18 (Ref:3436970)   #219
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
Interesting old article "Drive South" May 2009
With TKR owner David John made personally bankrupt, V8 Supercars this week sold the team's Racing Entitlement Contract with Triple F racing winning the tender, reportedly worth $A1 million ($NZ1.3 million). Without referring to the loss of the licence, TKR said on its website today it will focus more time and resources back on their founding principals of supporting Kiwi drivers from karting up to the NZV8 championship. TKR are also looking at being involved in dirt track racing, boating and motorcycle racing for the 2009/10 seasons. TKR, with John at the helm have, for the past 10 years, provided New Zealand drivers with the chance to compete in the Australian V8 Supercar championship. John gave V8 Supercar starts to New Zealand talent such as Jason Richards, Shane van Gisbergen and Fabian Coulthard who moved on to other teams and are all currently running inside the top 10 of the championship. "There are so many talented drivers who just struggle to get the funding together to secure a drive these days both in the local NZ series as-well as the Australian V8 Supercar Championship," John said. "We have held a number of discussions with various drivers and teams over the last few months with the view of announcing the various TKR packages from the junior karting, senior karting, Formula Ford, Formula Toyota and the Mini Challenge series for the coming 2009/10 New Zealand Motorpsort Championship seasons -"

Sound familiar, besides a season of Mini Challenge, has TKR been involved in any other classes as proposed, eg. karts, dirt track, boating,motorcycle, FF Toyota, ??
It's what's known as "spin" as I commented recently.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3436989)   #220
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post

There was porsche running in Australia in the porsche series with there name on the car for a bit wasn't there?
I think that ended mid season though.
Not sure how many rounds they did as I didn't really follow the series,
and don't remember if it was this season or last?
Old 23 Jul 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3437131)   #221
JamesK
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
There was porsche running in Australia in the porsche series with there name on the car for a bit wasn't there?
That was probably when he was supporting two up and coming Australian drivers.
Old 23 Jul 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3437136)   #222
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
Check with the Heimgartners and ask them what the were meant to pay for and what they had to pay for in Carrera Cup in AU. Shae Davies then took over and that didnt last long then there was the infamous AGP event when Richie Stanaway flew in from Europe to race CC for TKR and Porsche AU took the car away as DJ hadnt paid up so Stanaway flew home without putting his helmet on. I know some people paid money to be involved in that and I hope they all got it back.
Old 24 Jul 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3437159)   #223
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Check with the Heimgartners and ask them what the were meant to pay for and what they had to pay for in Carrera Cup in AU. Shae Davies then took over and that didnt last long then there was the infamous AGP event when Richie Stanaway flew in from Europe to race CC for TKR and Porsche AU took the car away as DJ hadnt paid up so Stanaway flew home without putting his helmet on. I know some people paid money to be involved in that and I hope they all got it back.
It's a pity nobody has written a book on the coming and goings of TKR
Old 24 Jul 2014, 05:01 (Ref:3437203)   #224
JamesK
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
It's a pity nobody has written a book on the coming and goings of TKR
Just staple the court documents together, that's chapters 1 to 10
Old 24 Jul 2014, 10:19 (Ref:3437257)   #225
pukekoheracer
Racer