Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 20 Jan 2014, 23:23 (Ref:3356445)   #201
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Am I the only one having a difficult time with low-res graphics on the cars?
No.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 20 Jan 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3356448)   #202
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
In this edited photo the color looks a bit more grey.

http://press.porsche.com/media/galle...Final.jpg.html
Old 20 Jan 2014, 23:36 (Ref:3356451)   #203
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

That's a relief.
Old 20 Jan 2014, 23:59 (Ref:3356461)   #204
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Tudor Spotter Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Spotter's Guide back up. Hope they are handing these out at the track!
http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...%20Guide_0.pdf
If you visit this link here, you'll get better resolution and an upto date entry list (other than BAR.1 who missed the cut-off)
http://www.spotterguides.com/tudor-uscc/

The above quoted link was an old test guide with older entry list and a few livery blanks. It will be updated on IMSA.com shortly.

So, the guide will be available at the track (but with last week's entry list) as well as online. The guide will be updated for each race.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 00:07 (Ref:3356467)   #205
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When did Oliver Pla and Matt Bell get their US citizenship? Also, according to the entry list #49 and 51 should be Spirit of Race.

Last edited by Ginaro Zukovsky; 21 Jan 2014 at 00:12.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 00:33 (Ref:3356473)   #206
canciaro
Racer

Canada
Windsor
canciaro is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Spotter's Guide back up. Hope they are handing these out at the track!
http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...%20Guide_0.pdf

Would it kill the LMPC teams to put a paint scheme on their cars....other than 8Star and Core. Like wtf guys

Michigan Football & Basketball, Oregon Football, Detroit Tigers
Old 21 Jan 2014, 00:35 (Ref:3356474)   #207
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Am I the only one having a difficult time with low-res graphics on the cars?
I suspect it is because they are printing a pocket size booklet to hand out. Would be nice to have it higher res to look at electronically though.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 01:01 (Ref:3356481)   #208
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
If you visit this link here, you'll get better resolution and an upto date entry list (other than BAR.1 who missed the cut-off)
http://www.spotterguides.com/tudor-uscc/

The above quoted link was an old test guide with older entry list and a few livery blanks. It will be updated on IMSA.com shortly.

So, the guide will be available at the track (but with last week's entry list) as well as online. The guide will be updated for each race.
Thanks Andy. The legend is back!
Old 21 Jan 2014, 01:13 (Ref:3356486)   #209
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Spotter Guide has been updated with BAR1 drivers and a few flag issues, which are now resolved.

CanadaALMSfan & Canciro- download later guide from here http://www.spotterguides.com/tudor-uscc/ with BAR and RSR liveries
Old 21 Jan 2014, 02:28 (Ref:3356501)   #210
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Spotter Guide has been updated with BAR1 drivers and a few flag issues, which are now resolved.

CanadaALMSfan & Canciro- download later guide from here http://www.spotterguides.com/tudor-uscc/ with BAR and RSR liveries
Thanks Andy! Always enjoy having these at the track, much appreciated. I missed your post further above. I'm glad the new series has decided to use your services.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 04:20 (Ref:3356510)   #211
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Thank heavens, because I am not sure I could root for a 'mauve' colored car.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3356665)   #212
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, Andy. WOW! Fantastic job. Having you do the spotter guides makes the transition easier.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3356745)   #213
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this fin the leader lights are attached to on the Patron HPD usually there, or was it added solely for the leader lights? It looks like an aerodynamic fin.

Old 21 Jan 2014, 17:10 (Ref:3356749)   #214
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are you talking about the floor? Or, are you speaking of the bodywork.

The LED's are attached to the panel, it comes as a unit. It's not a flexible LED display like was tested in previous iterations.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 21 Jan 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3356763)   #215
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
About the lights system: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/in...lights-system/

Quote:
“My goal is to keep developing the system,” Le Sage said. “It’s not just designed to show numbers to spectators. If you change tires, soft or hard compound, and with three or four drivers in an endurance race, we would like to show [that to the spectators]. You could have little numbers or a color for each driver. That’s what we’re working on.

“We can also transmit safety information, such as full-course cautions, blue flags, red flags. So we can directly inform the driver that something’s happening in the sector of the track ahead of him [through an on-board display system].

Le Sage hopes to be able to launch the system in more sports car series this year and has been in talks with the FIA World Endurance Championship and Blancpain GT Series.
One thing though: I sure hope it's going to show the class position and not overall. Latter one would be frankly useless outside of the P class.

Last edited by deggis; 21 Jan 2014 at 17:38.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3356776)   #216
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Is this fin the leader lights are attached to on the Patron HPD usually there, or was it added solely for the leader lights? It looks like an aerodynamic fin.

I don't see that 'fin' on any of the ROAR photos. Looks like it could easily get knocked off with even minor side contact. I thought the panels were backed with adhesive of some sort so they could be stuck directly on to a flat piece of body work? All the other cars seem to have them applied this way.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 18:24 (Ref:3356785)   #217
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This looks like the same system they ran at Dubai, where it showed place in class. Much better than trying to look at how many lights are illuminated as a car passes.

I have never had much luck with leader lights while watching TV, but I could see the lights at Dubai even on a crappy webstream.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3356791)   #218
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82 View Post
I don't see that 'fin' on any of the ROAR photos. Looks like it could easily get knocked off with even minor side contact. I thought the panels were backed with adhesive of some sort so they could be stuck directly on to a flat piece of body work? All the other cars seem to have them applied this way.
I'm wondering if the number has just been propped up against the bodywork until it is attached with adhesive?

Can't imagine it's allowed to not sit flush like that. Or that it would even stay in place.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3356804)   #219
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm wondering if the number has just been propped up against the bodywork until it is attached with adhesive?

Can't imagine it's allowed to not sit flush like that. Or that it would even stay in place.
There are rivets or screws showing at the top corners in Marty's photo. Also that "foot" like part of the structure makes it look fairly permanant. Who knows until Saturday.

Old 21 Jan 2014, 19:16 (Ref:3356806)   #220
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
About the lights system: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/in...lights-system/

One thing though: I sure hope it's going to show the class position and not overall. Latter one would be frankly useless outside of the P class.
Class position only.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 21 Jan 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3356845)   #221
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
there is some flexibility to them, to get around a soft curve, but not much. They also sit proud of the bodywork due to the back (hidden) and the raised LEDs
Old 21 Jan 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3356852)   #222
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great work as always, Andy, thanks!

Nitpicks, if you still have time:

#44 Dumoulin is I think the correct spelling
#07 both Tristans are spelled Tristian on the guide

And, off topic I guess, great to see Mika Salo back!
Old 21 Jan 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3356860)   #223
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard the start time on Saturday has been moved from 2:30 to 2:10 pm.
Old 21 Jan 2014, 21:43 (Ref:3356865)   #224
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
there is some flexibility to them, to get around a soft curve, but not much. They also sit proud of the bodywork due to the back (hidden) and the raised LEDs
Thank you, sir.

Old 21 Jan 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3356868)   #225
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I heard the start time on Saturday has been moved from 2:30 to 2:10 pm.
Not new change.