Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 13 Oct 2004, 15:18 (Ref:1123340)   #201
martinparsons
Racer

martinparsons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no probs, 2 sugars no coffee please

MP
Old 13 Oct 2004, 18:36 (Ref:1123528)   #202
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

Steve Wood 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great report in MN, Baz, better than most we get.

Clear your mailbox mate, and you'll see my reply to your pm.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 19:01 (Ref:1123551)   #203
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They seemed to give it plenty of space in Autosport as well this week. Probably a function of having the meeting to yourself, rather than being just another race on a busy club bill.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 21:13 (Ref:1123697)   #204
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Steve, I've cleared most of my old PM's but nothing has appeared since Sept'! Either nobody loves me anynore or something is wrong!! It was good that MN and Autosport have given Britcar a few words for a change and lets hope it may continue though with seemingly hundreds of races each weekend during the season it will be hard to get that many words on a regular basis.Ian is right in that with little else on and it being a EERC meeting it payed dividends. With DOT (ASCAR) possibly going abroad next year Autosport may give the series a non-clubby type report and possibly more coverage...whether the same may be said for the EERC rounds if it goeas abroad who knows?
Old 13 Oct 2004, 21:42 (Ref:1123743)   #205
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by martinparsons
I'll take sympathy on anyone after 7 o'clock when i'm finished driving as long as they got a hip flask of whiskey

MP
Remember the orange people dotted around the circuit - no drinks while we're on duty - but a nip or two when we're finished i'm sure .

Al.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 10:29 (Ref:1124105)   #206
jhawkins
Rookie

jhawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I race in the Gold Arts at the moment, but I am thinking about getting a car to race in Britcar, or the new Production S1 class. Can anyone give me a very rough idea of the annual cost of running in it. I know it's a how long's a piece of string question but all input gratefully received! Also does anyone have a view on the Production S1 class and whether it will have the profile of the Britcar races? Thanks
Old 14 Oct 2004, 17:09 (Ref:1124465)   #207
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the same question regarding the Production S1. When I last spoke to James he said it would be covered on TV.
if not entry costs should be less than Britcar as the time on track is shorter (still 2x40 mins I've seen proposed).
Other than that Britcar entrants please let us know what a "weekend costs" circa ??? £2000? including entry?
Old 14 Oct 2004, 18:09 (Ref:1124531)   #208
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

Great piece in Autosport Baz, even better than MN. Lot of exposure this week, with Marcus Pye's piece too.

Baz, there must be something wrong with your mailbox - you can send apparently, but not receive. I don't want to go public with a response to your suggestion, so maybe we'll talk soon.

I'll not get involved with the cost stuff currently being discussed here, the drivers are probably best off comparing notes amongst themselves, but if you have any financial queries, contact the EERC by e-mail or phone.

Just be aware that next season's proposals aren't finalised yet, and the success of the final two meetings this year could be important.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 18:18 (Ref:1128591)   #209
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

The new EERC website is nearing completion, and should be up and running in a couple of weeks. It is a massive improvement on the current site, and should slake everybody's thirst for knowledge about EERC matters, and racing in general.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 19:34 (Ref:1128677)   #210
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Wood 2
..... It is a massive improvement on the current site,....
Well it could hardly be worse!
Old 19 Oct 2004, 21:44 (Ref:1128818)   #211
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While the threads back up at the top of the page...
Croft night race this Saturday Yippee!!! I can't wait.

Torches and glow sticks standing by...

Al.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 21:57 (Ref:1128835)   #212
Wilbo
Racer

JasonGore, it may be a mess which I think they recognise that fact and at least it's kept up to date with info and ideas - how may other series have provisional time tables for next years racing??? results are up very quick and even next years regulations and proposed calendars are there. It means a lot when the organisers are as keen as they are and readily give out information and are only a phone call away. Some of the other racing series/club web sites are pitiful and some don't even have one! Keep up the good work EERC!

Last edited by Wilbo; 19 Oct 2004 at 21:59.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 09:16 (Ref:1129176)   #213
Snapperjack
Racer

Snapperjack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wilbo, Jason's comment was 'tongue on cheek' as he's a friend of Steve's and does a lot of work for the EERC. I agree with you about it being informative and up to date.

Looking forward to seeing the new site.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 09:34 (Ref:1129195)   #214
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Snapperjack is of course correct but a website can have as much useful information on as you like, but if the official championship website looks "a mess" it can only be damaging.

Let's hope the provisional information for 2005 is more accurate than some of the entry lists
Old 20 Oct 2004, 12:26 (Ref:1129391)   #215
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian, the problem with the entry lists is that people pull out/change drivers upto and including the actual day, much to the annoyance of all who run and maintain the lists.

Wilbo, my comment was tongue in cheek, thanks snapperjack for aiding my defence! .

I too look forward to the new site.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1129537)   #216
Wilbo
Racer

Sorry Jasongore I didn't mean to sound aggresive or annoyed - far from it, everyone I have met who is involved with the EERC have been fantastic which only erges people like myself to be involved with a club like that. My point was to show others the enthusiasm that the organisers have - I will make it up to you if we meet with a pint of the black stuff! just don't box my ears!
Old 20 Oct 2004, 18:04 (Ref:1129771)   #217
jase
Veteran

No probs. The people behind the club are very enthusiastic, and if the competitors are, this can only ais the series.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 20:32 (Ref:1129954)   #218
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

The Britsports/Gold Arts entry for Croft is down to 12 - in fact all of the Caterhams and Westfields have cried off, leaving just the works Ariel Atom in Gold Arts. My view is that it will be down to 10 by Saturday.

James has made no secret of the fact the he may drop the series next year.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 20:40 (Ref:1129965)   #219
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want to see a championship that has a great website then take a look at www.clubff1600.co.uk

This is having a major refresh over the winter with new funky design.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 20:50 (Ref:1129978)   #220
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Steve, do you refer to the Gold Arts series or Britsports as a whole being cancelled?

I guess the problem with this is something like the Centurian Challenge competes directly with it.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 20:56 (Ref:1129987)   #221
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

Ian, the whole Britsports/Gold Arts series.

TV news - the Thruxton Britcar race will be shown in World Motorsports at 15.30hrs on Monday 25th October, on Sky Sports Extra. Just the one transmission by the look of it.
Usually at the start of the second hour, but don't take my word for it , sandwiched between 60 minutes of Formula Nippon and an hour of the Arab Nations Rally Championship.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 21:04 (Ref:1129993)   #222
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

The entry list situation is a regular critiscm, and rightly so, and Jason explained it perfectly. We even have drivers car-hopping between qualifying and racing.

Getting the starting drivers determined is also a major concern, and I spend an inordinate amount of time not only garnering this info, but getting some teams to make a decision on a timely basis. So if any drivers are reading this - IT'S IMPORTANT, GUYS - to race control, timekeepers, marshals, journalists, and the commentator, and I need a little time before the race starts to collate the info and get it to these people.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 21:18 (Ref:1130012)   #223
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Why not make it a condition of the car being allowed to take to the grid that officials have been notified of the starting driver?
Old 21 Oct 2004, 10:38 (Ref:1130463)   #224
ChironWSC
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcester UK
ChironWSC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the entry list for Croft BritSports is anything like the other races where some of the cars are on the list but never entered they will not even get to double figures. I see that we Chiron have 2 cars on the entry list for Donington when we have only sent one entry in. We are probably on the entry list for Croft to but we have no car entered but we did get the tickets and passes in the post a few days ago aswell!!!!
Old 21 Oct 2004, 18:33 (Ref:1130972)   #225
Steve Wood 2
Rookie

Just to quash the rumours that have been rife today :-

THE BRITSPORTS/GOLD ARTS RACE AT CROFT ON SATURDAY HAS NOT, REPEAT N-O-T BEEN CANCELLED !!!

.....and neither have the remaining races at Donington and Brands Hatch.

The situation will be reviewed over the close season, but must be financially viable.

Ian - a draconian suggestion, which would probably work, but lose me a few friends in the process !