Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 13 Nov 2004, 15:08 (Ref:1152473)   #201
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see RHR get that third seat at Ganassi. I've been a fan of his since he came up.

He's made his dislike of the IRL known in the past, but I guess it goes to show you, as an open wheel driver in America these days, you don't talk ill of the other series, because you never know where you could wind up!

Danica Patrick
Old 13 Nov 2004, 16:26 (Ref:1152502)   #202
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shapr at Panther, Menard leaving the team, and Townsend Bell forced to go elsewhere looks like the mostly likely situation. Actually, thinking out loud, maybe he'd be good for the third Cheever car, as he's already Red Bull backed?

Danika Patrick should get the Rahal drive. Whether Patrick Racing will continue, and with which driver, is anyone's guess - Pat may not feel that it's worth it, and the Chevvy situation could be the final straw.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 07:48 (Ref:1152985)   #203
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
Still alot of questions remain -

1-D&R wants to field 2 cars, will Gaiffone remain, and with what engines? No news at all from these guys.

2-Where will Scott Sharp wind-up?

3-Will this Playa Del Racing team happen, and will Ed Carpenter get the drive?

4-Who will drive the third cars for Cheever, Ganassi, and Rahal?

5-Will Fernandez field a third car, and who will drive it?

6-Mo Nunn is still searching for a driver. I hear that PJ Chesson wants out of his MIPS deal, because he thinks he can get an IRL drive...

7-Whats up with Panther? Will T Bell and the Menards car be back?

8-Will Access be back, and if so, with one or two cars? Who will drive? Mark Taylor remains unsigned.

9-Will AJ Foyt be back? He lost his sponsorship, and doesn't want to go road racing.

10-Is Enge signed with Patrick for next season?

Alot of loose ends need to be tied-up. I thought we would have more answers by now, but many teams havn't said boo about their plans for next season...
I'll try my best but no guarantees.....

1. Unless someone came with cash and/or sponsors don't expect D&R to be 2 cars. Don't know about Giaffone, and they'll probably run Chevy's.

2. Sharp to either Ganassi, Fernandez (Answers Q5 possibly) or maybe even Panther.

3. Looks like it will happen with Carpenter in one seat.

4. Don't bet on Cheever 3rd car, Ganassi probably Sharp or Hunter-Reay but that could be a possible partial sched only. Rahal probably same boat with Patrick.

6. No Idea

7. Menards is pulling out altogether (or so I heard), so I don't know where that leaves Bell.

8. If Access returns, it would be a 1 car with Taylor likely to pilot it. And that's a BIG if.

9. He'll be at Indy, but not too certain apart from that.

10. Don't bet on Patrick Racing being on the grid next season.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:43 (Ref:1154368)   #204
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some interesting notes from IndyStar:

Danica Patrick is scheduled to test at Phoenix next week for Rahal Letterman Racing. The funding is nearly in place for a three-car effort, team general manager Scott Roembke said. Patrick would join Meira and Buddy Rice. . . .

Ganassi Racing also plans to add a third IRL car next year. The team plans to test two drivers, including Champ Car's Ryan Hunter-Reay, later this month. . . .

Kathryn Nunn tested six female drivers at Texas Motor Speedway for her Menards Infiniti Pro Series program. Nunn said she'd like to have a two-car women's team next season. . . .

1 - so Danica looks like a shoe-in as the third Rahal driver.

2 - we knew about the RHR test, but who could the second driver be?

3 - and it looks like an all-female team in the IPS for Mo Nunns wife. That would leave PJ Chesson out, and wasn't his brother also racing with the same team? Wonder what they'll be up to!?

Danica Patrick
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:19 (Ref:1154421)   #205
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

2 - we knew about the RHR test, but who could the second driver be?

Probably Luis Diaz.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:22 (Ref:1154428)   #206
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's my guess, too....he took his ROP for the IRL last April at Indy, so he would be good to go...and he did quite well, according to media reports at that time...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:24 (Ref:1154492)   #207
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure Chip would prefer RHR - he's got more experience, theoretically more potential, and he's American.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:26 (Ref:1154494)   #208
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd prefer RHR too.

It would be good to get another Mexican in the field somewhere, it would help with bringing one of the Mexican races onto the schedule in 2006.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:29 (Ref:1154498)   #209
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RHR has had plenty of offers to the IRL over the past few years like several other drivers (Jourdain Jr.) and has ambitions set on F1, and states that Champ Cars are the place to be for F1.

Last edited by luke; 15 Nov 2004 at 21:30.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:33 (Ref:1154504)   #210
Kicking-back
Veteran

Maybe, but Ganassi will pay him a salary - he won't get that in ChampCar most likely.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:40 (Ref:1154516)   #211
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
It would be good to get another Mexican in the field somewhere, it would help with bringing one of the Mexican races onto the schedule in 2006.
Actually, it would be good to get another American in the field somewhere, to draw more American fans to more American venues!

Danica Patrick
Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1154528)   #212
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Quote:
Originally posted by luke
RHR has had plenty of offers to the IRL over the past few years like several other drivers (Jourdain Jr.) and has ambitions set on F1, and states that Champ Cars are the place to be for F1.
I don't think RHR has had any concrete offers yet. It will be interesting to see what he does, as he will get paid for being in the IRL, he'll have a definte shot at winning races, and he won't be completely missing out on road racing.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 12:19 (Ref:1156970)   #213
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GrandPrix.com has the following up today:

Quote:
Hunter-Reay was due to test for Target Chip Ganassi's IRL team but now appears to have changed his mind and may now stay with Keith Wiggins's team HVM (which was previously known as Herdez Competition).
Full article: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns13862.html
Old 18 Nov 2004, 19:49 (Ref:1157351)   #214
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
IndyCar magazine is reporting that AGR is contemplating a switch from Dallara to G-Force chassis. Amazing when you consider the year they had, and all of the development work, and data they have with the Dallara.

Also Tomas Enge is signed with Patrick for 05. Patrick is still looking to go with a 2 car team though.

Shame about RHR. He would make a great addition to the series...

Danica Patrick
Old 19 Nov 2004, 13:41 (Ref:1158099)   #215
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Ryan has made the right choice. As it stands he's not even guaranteed a CART drive if funding doesn't come his way, unless he pays for it from his own fortune. The team could be less competitive within CART than Ganassi will be in the IRL. I suspect the road-course focus and international allure of CART tempted him in that direction.

Interesting to see Enge confirmed - he did okay in his 2 races and could be a useful Indy driver if he gets the right team-mate - Lazier would be perfect.
Old 19 Nov 2004, 21:06 (Ref:1158633)   #216
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Well, if RHR still holds dreams of going F1, then he should listen to what Frank Williams said to Sebastian -

“Frank told me that being a Champ Car champion no longer means what it did a few years ago,” laments the Frenchman, who gave Sir Frank a call regarding the still-vacant position as Mark Webber’s teammate".

I'm not saying that the IRL is much of spring board to F1 either, but at least RHR could make some money here, and drive with a top team. Also, if a champion like Sebastian can't get a look from F1, then RHR stands no chance.

Danica Patrick
Old 19 Nov 2004, 21:55 (Ref:1158697)   #217
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Also Tomas Enge is signed with Patrick for 05. Patrick is still looking to go with a 2 car team though.

Chances of Patrick and 2 cars are about as much as Yasser Arafat coming back to life. NIL.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 01:54 (Ref:1162376)   #218
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
I hear that the Mexican driver Michel Jourdain from CC is out of a ride for next season.

He had a sure seat with Rahal when Bobby made the move to the IRL, but he decided to stay there, and show "loyalty" to the series. Well, you can see there that got him, and Carpentier to. And those fans chastise, abuse, criticise and wonder why so many of their drivers have made the move to the IRL?

Danica Patrick
Old 24 Nov 2004, 14:59 (Ref:1162818)   #219
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My guess would be that Michel Jourdain will eitehr get picked up by another OWRS team or he might become the 3rd driver from Fernandez???

Interesting thought, isn't it???

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 25 Nov 2004, 12:35 (Ref:1163749)   #220
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely, also because It's highly unlikely that he may get back to Rahal.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 12:42 (Ref:1163757)   #221
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forsythe, HVM (formerly Herdez), Conquest and PKVR in ChampCars are all reasonably possibilities for Jourdain, s I doubt we'll see him in the IRL next year. It'd be a shame if he doesn't get a ride, as he showed great loyalty and character in accepting his 2004 CART deal at the last minute before it all went wrong.

Is it true that Patrick are in trouble, and on the verge of shutting down?
Old 25 Nov 2004, 14:05 (Ref:1163861)   #222
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by N I Tram
Is it true that Patrick are in trouble, and on the verge of shutting down?
Hasn't he been that pretty much ever since he came into the IRL?
Old 25 Nov 2004, 17:16 (Ref:1164086)   #223
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Interesting thought, isn't it???
Yeah definately but I doubt Michel shall join, he had a chance at the start of 2004 to cross over with Fernandez but declined the offer and has also had other others, but I belive he stay in CART.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 18:31 (Ref:1164177)   #224
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Speed is reporting the none other than Airton Dare, is chomping at the bit to come back to IndyCar racing!

Right now he is hating life in Brazilian stock car racing, and having a miserable year.

He will be announcing his 05 plans soon, and they hope to be something in the IRL...

Danica Patrick
Old 25 Nov 2004, 20:12 (Ref:1164253)   #225
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
The more the merrier.